Is it too expensive to give high school students tablets over textbooks for learning materials?

• Hell yeah we should

Well it depends.If you're rich and go to an expensive international school like me,then you can have all the gadgets you want. But if you go to a free crappy government school that canes you all the time,then you'll feel that it's a lot more costly than it actually is.

• No it may be cheap

For high school students in the United States of America it may become cheaper for schools to spend the money on tablets instead of textbooks. One thing is it is possible that they may last much longer than the regular textbook which become outdated a lot more recent then what a tablet may be.

• Probably not in bulk

At this point, buying tablets in bulk for a school probably isn't that much more expensive than the learning tools we had in high school. It's still a bad idea though, a tablet is a great learning device but it's a lot more than that for somebody that doesn't feel like learning.

• Publishers Prices Are High

I do not believe it is too expensive to give high school students tablets over textbooks for learning materials. For anyone knowledgeable about the price of textbooks, it is easy to see that tablets are actually less expensive. Publishers have been over charging for textbooks for far too long. If anything, hopefully tablets are giving them some competition and hopefully the prices will be driven down naturally.

• Expensive to give high school students tablets over textbooks for learning materials

Not with what I pay in taxes it should not be expensive to give high school students tablets over textbooks for learning materials. I think that the new computers are wonderful in teaching and homeschooling kids. Everything my kids are learning is from the computer they have not even started school yet and know way more then i did at there age just because of all the technology.