Is it true that the harder you work, the luckier you get?

• Definitely it is right

The harder you work the luckier you become this is very very right and it is the key to success..If we are not working hard then we can achieve nothingand if we want to achieve anything then we have to work hard then we can get success in our life so we should work hard.

• Yes, up to a point.

Of course, working hard is usually good, especially if you are passionate about something and wish to attain that goal very badly. But there is a certain amount of grace that has to be there, meaning this is really something that will benefit you and/or society in terms of growth. And there is the situation and the caste system in place and sometimes sheer luck, too.

• You make your own luck.

Luck does exist, but not in the way that the question is being presented. Every situation has only a finite number of potential responses, and each response will lead to it's own outcome or new set of potential responses. Some of the outcomes may be desirable, some not. If you do not make a conscious choice, but allow a random element to determine the decision (eg coin toss), then you could argue as to whether the outcome is down to luck or not, however, you chose not to make a decision, and as I stated earlier, each situation has only a finite number of responses, and each response will lead to an outcome or new set of responses. Had you spent the time working out what the likely outcome would be, you would have either made the same decision or a different one. People who consider themselves lucky have often just made the right choices, and people who see themselves as unlucky have either picked the wrong options, or have not taken opportunitie that were available to them.

• Absolutely, hard work is the key to success in everyday life. More work you do lucky you will get.

Yes, i believe in hard work many people who are enjoying luxurious life is due to hard work & now they are lucky they are really blessed of hardwork nomatter lesser they are working today is they result of hardwork during past. Inorder to be lucky hardwork is the main key to success.

• Yes it is generally true.

People should be aware of their strenghts, realizing that strenghts are a gift by nature, but also a result of stamina. Then, luck is blind, but this doesn't justify people who don't put effort in anything, nweither in study or work and then complain for their condition.
    Whatever your fate is, keep on fighting!

• Always worked for me

I was born lower middle class in the USA. I worked summer jobs, helped my family, went on to work my way through college and then law school. Today, i am doing fine, and consider myself fortunate "or lucky." I still work 6 days a week. Those who I know who did not do this, are not as fortunate.

• YES YES it's correct

As the harder you work the more experience you get in your task and the chances of your success becomes more and we just say that it's because of luck. You can take many examples from the history also, many great Scientists had got not because of luck but because of their hard work

• Harder you work, the luckier you will be

If you work hard and make yourself an asset to your company, you will be able to negotiate your benefits and remuneration. The problem is that most people who read that quote believe in luck that is magically be stood upon other people, however the person saying this quote probably doesn't believe in luck at all but would rather appease people who do by saying hard work helped...

• Work pays off

The harder you work at something the easier, and more comfortable it becomes. You don't get lucky because you know what you are doing. Nothing is possible without hard work. The harder the work, the longer the process yes. But in time you will be better off. You will know more about what ever it is.

• No no no

According to my point of view, i think that it's not the luck that we can extract from working hard . When we work hard we should be adamant in ourself . As in today's rough and tough world nothing is possible without hard work but that doesn't make us luckier that conforms the that we can get some job or some work somewhere to earn our livelihood . BY : karanbir singh ,amritsar , INDIA

• Of course not.

Back in the times of slavery, slaves worked pretty hard. That didn't make them lucky at all. Also, somebody who is born a white male to rich American parents is going to be far luckier than a black male born to poor African parents, reguardless of how hard they work. It's a cruel unfortunate fact. You are born with a certain amount of luck, and that luck determines how much output you get for your input. For example, if an african child is born to poor parents, his work only keeps him alive... Barely. If an American, or British, or any western child is born to rich parents, the same amount of output could get him a college acceptance.

• Luck and hard work are unrelated

While the 1950s might have us believe otherwise, there is no correspondence of how hard one works to how lucky one is. Luck is an arbitrary occurrence of fair fortune to which we superstitiously assign a sense of determinism, when, in fact, there is no significance whatsoever. Hard work cannot influence fortune. Nothing can influence fortune.

• There is No Such Thing as Luck

Luck is a myth; it doesn't exist. When a beginner gets it right, we call it "beginner's luck," when they get it wrong we say, "well, they're just a beginner." Probability shows that some beginners are bound to get it right, even by mistake. It isn't luck, it's just bound to happen sometimes. Its the same with other kinds of luck; its all confirmation bias.

• Masters of their trade may seem lucky from the outside. But take world champions of chess for example, they are skilled and not lucky.

To reach some form of achievement in any competitive activity you need to study a lot. Because when you go against someone that has an in-depth knowledge of a field and you don't you get trampled.

Before I go to the chess example I will say that the universal situation where luck is excluded but may seem to favor someone a lot is the finding of the words necessary to speak in a foreign language. For someone less fluent the better skill of someone else starting at the same time in the past from scratch with a foreign language, finding the correct words each and every time may seem a succession of lucky events. 'Oh he's lucky. The teacher never corrected him.'

I remember plenty of times when playing chess at an amateur level that I felt like my better opponent was being lucky in finding good continuations. Over time I have come to realize that many times the ideas that were utilized to crush me were quite simple for someone more experienced. And eventually recognize that there was no luck in the way things were unfolding. Nowadays I have many times experienced the reverse where I am the better player. And I have received messages claiming how lucky I was when things were really simple for me.