Is it true that the most experienced teacher is the best?

• Every teacher is different

No, I do not believe that the best teacher is always the experienced one. Some new teachers bring different and fresh ways to present material. More experienced teacher are some times stuck in their ways and fail to see out of the box that they have built around their teaching habits. In the end, it depends on the individual teacher.

• Practice only makes permanent.

No, it is not true that the most experienced teacher is the best, because older teachers can be set in their ways. Thinking through the school experience, the oldest teacher is always the grumpiest. Young teachers can be trained in more modern education techniques and have more enthusiasm for what they do.

• I Don't Think So

I do not believe it is true that the most experienced teacher is the best. I've actually had some teachers in my time that had more experience, but were clearly burned out and that actually made them more difficult to deal with. Some of the best teachers I've had have been in the field around 10-15 years, which seems to offer a great balance.

• Teachers vary in many ways

The most experienced teachers are not always the best. Some teachers that have been around a long time, are worn out and do not feel like teaching anymore. Some new teachers are energetic and so excited to help kids learn new subjects. Young, new teachers also know the newest ways to teach.

• No, I don't think it's necessarily true that the most experienced teacher is the best.

I think that while having experience has given you many skills and knowledge that many new teachers do not have I don't think it makes you the best or better then other teachers, there are some new teachers that bring about an entirely new style that could easily be better then a veteran teachers style.