• Yes it is.

Read the last chapter of Bertrand Russell's "Problems of Philosophy". I believe it is the fifteenth, and final, chapter entitled "The Value of Philosophy".

I hate how I have to fulfill a minimum words requirement in order to post; ignore this sentence because it is pointless and meant to waste words.

• Philosophy improves your reasoning

Philosophy, the art of correct reasoning, is one of the foundations of science. Without philosophy, we would not have the scientific method as we know it today. Philosophy is concerned with reason and definitions of terms. Both of these things are very important in today's world. Teaching people how to reason is very important for our future as a civilization.

• Philosophy improves your reasoning

• Philosophy is inevitable

Philosophy shapes people's outlooks on the world and the choices they make. At some point, everybody will be confronted by a moral dilemma. Not only is philosophy one of the natural subjects of man, but studying philosophy can expose people to various viewpoints and arguments on various issues, and hopefully encourage them to engage in critical thinking.

• Philosophy is a part of all of our lives.

Philosophy is not merely a series of quotes to be picked up and dropped. While some live in this fickle way, that is an extremely oversimplified definition, and a generalization. Our personal philosophy is the lens through which we view life. It affects every decision we make. Philosophy as a subject is, in effect, the examination of the way that others have viewed life. I find that it is beneficial to read the thoughts of philosophers, to think on what they have said, and then to graft what seems true and beneficial to me into my personal philosophy.

• Philosophy is wisdom,

It does connect with our desisions. Sure it's how we rationalize cognitive dissonance over our previous actions, but it's also how we plan and dictate our future choices. Philosophy connects with everything we do really. There's a strong connection between philosophy and morals. And morals are as useful to our well being as air. But aside from me belief that philosophy is extremely important, I also believe it can not truly be taught. It something that must be formed. So... No, I suppose it's not important to teach it, but it's extremely important to reflect on it's aspects.

• Philosophy does not teach anyone anything.

People will not learn from philosophy or make decisions based upon it. They will use it to rationalize decisions they have already made, or already decided. When their quote no longer favors their decision in a different situation, they abandon it and find another that will. People pick up quotes as fast as they drop others, and consequently forget most of what they 'learned' along the way.

• Not at all.

Philosophy is the ultimate waste of time. The market doesn't need philosophers, needs people with marketable skills and good work ethic, not just able to abstractly 'think' about things no one cares about.
    Philosophy majors are among the most useless people on earth. The more you study philosophy, the more liberal/lazy you get.