• Neigh, no way!

Every animal is an equal. Horses are beautiful creatures. As a vegetarian I believe eating all animals is wrong. Horses can be used for so many other things, like riding. Don't eat horses. They never did a thing to you. Look into their eyes one day, and you'll see why.

• Yes, it is wrong to eat horse meat.

It is not right to eat horse meat. The Good Lord did not put horses on this earth for humans to eat them. Horses are used for riding, as pets, and to do work with. Certainly not for humans to eat them. In my opinion, this is just unthinkable. In some of the other countries, horse meat is eaten on a regular basis. This is not true in the United States.

• I'm a vegetarian and I'd never touch it.

I'd never touch any kind of meat, let alone a horse. Honestly, why is it that we have to resort to all kinds of animals. It can't just be the basics, beef, pork and chicken? The other stuff seems and is so taboo. I honestly don't see the 'pet' sense when it comes to horses. I wouldn't eat a dog because he's a pet and I wouldn't eat a pig because I've had one as a pet before.

• 'no one is remotely at risk'

Well are we supposed to await someone to die from eating horsemeat, which has many chemicals in. Including one called Bute or, to give its full name, Phenylbutazone, a drug that is given to horses to relieve pain and treat fevers. The problem is that Bute can have side effects in human beings. It was once given to men and women to tackle conditions such as gout and arthritis until it was discovered that in some cases the chemical could trigger a serious blood disorder known as Aplastic Anaemia. Those who become affected by the condition suffer from loss of red and white blood cells and, without prompt treatment, it is considered to be life-threatening.

• Eat food, not friends.

First things first, everyone (exept the caring, smart vegetarians and vegans) eats cows, pigs, chickens and fish. I don't blame people for thinking, well, horses are the same! They are living, breathing creatures, so, we can kill them! But first off, eating horses is as morally wrong as eating your dog, cat or sibling. Cows and pigs have no other use, seriously. They just sit there, eating the economy unless eaten. I am against eating animals, but I try a neutral veiw on this matter. And horses on the other hand, have countless uses. Til land, perfect source of transportation, and perfect for learning fundamentals in life, as well as tons of other things. And if that doesn't make you think, perhaps take into consideration this: Horse meat is toxic. These domesticated pets are not, in question, fed like a cow or pig. This isn't a question about where the horse is planning to go, but how to keep it alive. Do more reasearch on it, if you are considerate, smart, AND CARE ABOUT LIFE IN GERERAL. YOURS AND OTHERS.

• Yes very wrong

Very wrong would you like someone to shoot you and kill you and then someone cut of your skin and take out your meat! No you wouldn't so why do it to horses. Imagine what people with horses and ride horse would think! They would not like it! At all! So stop killing horses just stop! My daughter was crying. Please STOP it is to sad to sad!!!!!!!

• Horse meat is linked to marrow cancer. Read up people

Do you know what goes into a race horse? Do you know what goes into our pets? Definitely nothing you want to eat. Educate yourself before thinking that everything is appropriate to consume. We have regulations on drugs that are allowed in animals used for food in this country. They are very strictly watched and monitored. Medications that are used in pets are for one purpose only and that is to keep the pet alive. We do not eat our pets because it is unsafe to do so. It never ceases to amaze me how naive or ignorant people are. Not trying to be condescending, I just wish people would commit more time to education.

• Horses are More Than Pets, They're Family

For hundreds of years, humans have relied on horses to help them build, farm, and be travel companions. People believe now that the car has replaced a horses value, that it would be okay to eat them. I believe it is not ethical. People still love horses as pets. It would be just as bad as eating a dog or a cat. Also, have humans gone so far to satisfy their taste buds? Why substitute beef with horse meat? Because it's cheaper? C'mon. There is enough food in the world to satisfy greedy people's taste buds.

• Horses ain't food!

Horses are meant to ride! Not eat! Horses should be loved and not slaughtered for food! If you go to Wikipedia and search up Horse Meat it will give great info! Did you know that more than 4.9 million horses are slaughtered a YEAR for their meat? Even in America!

• Horse meat for the win!!!

What difference does it make that we eat horses or pig or beef or chicken or anything else? Meat is meat and your disgust is in your mind. All of you people out there stating that eating cow and pig is "ok" while stating that horse meat is a nasty demonic practice. It's the exact same thing! We just see them as pack animals or pets. Take the Guinea Pig for example. They may be pets for us, but in their native country, they are rat-like creatures that supply hundreds of families with food to this day! So really, your aversion to horse meat, is really a mental thing and not a moral thing. Everywhere else in the world, there are either a majority or minority that eats this food. Either way, people eat horse meat. It wouldn't hurt to try it at least once!

• All animals are equal

All animals are equal. We eat chicken, beef, pork and many other kinds of meat. What makes horse or any other particular animal superior than other animals that there are so many people opposed to eating it? So, eating horse is wrong while eating chicken, cow and pigs is ok. I find this quite hypocritical. I think by opposing the eating of horse meat, it is actually saying that chicken, cow, pig, etc. are inferior

• Don't eat horses

Cows and pigs don't have any other uses. Horses can be used to til land, a good source of transportation, for kids with autism to enjoy. NAME ONE THING other than stand in a field, Waller in mud, and take up food and space that cows and pigs do..... EXACTLY nothing. At all.

• Don't eat horses

• No if you are okay with it you can

Humans eat the meat of cow, pigs, lamb, chicken, duck, and other animals. Why really should the meat of horse be any different. There are some people who will have a problem with eating horse meat and that is find, just don't eat it. But if you want to eat it there should not be a problem.

• Absolutely NOT WRONG!

How can one argue against horse meat in a society that allows the eating of cows and pigs. I am a vegetarian, but to condemn the eating of horses while our society pigs out on pork and beef is so hypocritical that it is hard for me to believe so many people clicked it is 'wrong.' It is very characteristic of Americans though--to champion 'liberty' and 'freedom' unless it is a habit that YOU don't condone. Every single argument against horse meat could be made against beef and pork. You either respect animals, or don't. You can't take other people's liberty away based on your own opinion of an animal. If a policy were fairly implemented to ban all meat, then you sanctimonious anti-horse meat people would be SCREAMING about liberty, blah blah. A liberty you only value when it benefits your personal preferences.

• We are not special

Humans are like any other animal. We are omnivores and we can eat anything we are able to digest. If it carries diseases new to us, it could kill us but some of us will make it through and their offspring will be able to eat it. Its called evolution.

• Not one bit.

All of the animals are the same. I ate meat from all kinds of different animals, including but not limited to, alligator, bear, buffalo, chicken, cow, dove, elk, groundhog, kangaroo, mule deer, ostrich, pheasant, pig, rabbit, squirrel, whitetail deer and wild boar. It wasn't wrong to eat any of them, so why should it be wrong to eat horse meat, or any kind of meat for that matter.

• A horse is no more special than a cow

You vegetarians have no say. Tell me its wrong to eat a horse but not a living cow or chicken. These cows could have had children and a mate and then you take them away to slaughter them!? I think a horse deserves to know what that is like, okay? Good talk

• All animals are from this earth

There is no rule whether u can eat pork and not eat horse. Also all horses consumed by humans are natural meaning no chemicals in their food or anything so it is 100 percent safe for human consumption. In conclusion eating horse is not wrong and vegetarians have no say as they do not eat meat in the first place