Is it wrong to judge people on their physical appearance?

• It is wrong!!

I get judged at school and in the street that's because of the way I look I have glasses, red hair and I am bigger than most girls in my school. It hurts when they call me fat and take the mick because I do wrestling. I also like Jedward and when I say that people think I am stupid and don't have taste in music when I list to other music they just don't talk to me to find out.

• One is never ugly

Any person should not be considered ugly. If a person does not look normal like you doesnt mean he is ugly it may be that he has met an accident.In se cases people are born with an abnormility so it doesent mean that you judge him that way. May Allah guide everyone.

• I think it is definitely wrong to judge people on their physical apperance

Ok. For one, unless you’re like... A mind reader or something, you can’t know everything about someone just by looking at them. You don’t know what’s going on in their life, or what it’s like to be in their shoes. Before you judge someone at least make sure you have all the right information. Maybe they don’t want to dress like that. Maybe they don’t have a choice. Maybe they can’t afford to have the fanciest clothes or keep up with all the new trends. Or maybe they just don’t care how they look or what other people think of them, and they would rather be comfortable or express themselves than dress to please other people.
    Number two. Stereotypes. Take glasses for example. Just because someone wears glasses it doesn’t mean that they’re a genius. How does having poor eyesight make you smart? It doesn’t make you stupid, but you definitely don’t need to be clever to need glasses. Or having braces. Just because I would like nice teeth I’m automatically a nerd? Dumb blonde jokes? I have no idea how having blonde hair makes you dumb. I mean because I have brown hair do people call me clever? No. Or what about people who a slim or small built? Oh they must have an eating disorder and people who are a bit larger must spend all day eating. I mean who came up with these crazy ways of categorising people?
    Then on the other hand judging people by their appearance can be a survival instinct, for example if I was lost somewhere and needed to ask for directions. If I was choosing between a guy with lots of piercings and tattoos and his hood up or a man in a suit reading a newspaper I would probably go for the man in the suit. However, this is kind of stupid too and it’s not exactly reliable. I mean not everyone with tattoos and piercings is a scary rough person and not everyone in a suit is a nice person either. I mean either of them could be a murderer for all I know.

• Hello? Of Coarse!

In English I am persuading people not to judge others. Here Is what I have so far:Do you ever stand there looking at someone and are about to think to yourself “Wow that person is really…”Whoa stop right there, think about it, think about how you might have incomplete information, and think about what they would say if you were in their shoes or in their position.
    Before judging someone make sure that you know all facts about this person. Perhaps hold back until you truly understand why their appearance is the way that it is. If you are about to judge someone put yourself in his or her shoes, quite often we do it without thinking and we don’t ask ourselves “How would I feel if I was them?” Also to judge someone can assume that you know them better than they know themselves which is really creepy. Don’t forget your judgement could be incorrect or inhumane to that person. Especially if you are judging them by their physical or mental appearance.
    Let’s face it we all hate being judged by other people. Most of us would not like to think of ourselves as judgemental people. We most certainly don't enjoy it when other people judge us or make comments about us that we don't appreciate. Judging people can lead to stereotypes, rumours, and ultimate hate. For some people, even receiving constructive criticism can tamper their ego. As much as we hate to admit it, I find that everyone can often be judgemental towards others. Usually, our judgements are either in our heads and kept silent or just shared between friends. We need to try to think of positive things about people instead of thinking negative. Maybe thinking about their background or their life situation, and realize how good our situation is.

• Say no to judge a person through his physical appearance

It is completely wrong to judge a person through his or her physical appearance...How can you judge a person by his just looks ,features, or clothes, because your features, your looks or your clothes do not tell about your personality traits ,your wisdom, your character or your way of thinking, but your speech your behavior and your character do. It is truly a biased thing to make a certain thought or beliefs about someone only by seeing him.. I think to judge a person by his facial appearance or his out look means you are making yourself fool, and it will never make you to know about his actual pesonality.

• Appearance are deceptive

Appearance does not give you the true nature of a person. For ex.Look at Albert ienstine he has a long curly weird hair and an awkward appearance,he looks like a person taking drugs because of his appearance but truly he is a great scientist. Thus it proves appearance is deceptive.Remember "all that glitters is not gold". Light travels faster than sound that's why we judge a person before he even talks .

• People should pay heed to a person's wisdom and attitude, it should never be about their outside appearance.

In this generation, so many people in the world always judge people through their appearance, and not what is on the inside. I myself aren't the best-looking, in fact I am not good looking at all, but that has helped me not to judge a book by its cover, and pay attention to the virtues and wisdoms that make a person stand out. Also according to my research, people that look good get paid 4% more money, and not everyone is born with good-looks. But it is some of their attitudes that bother me. I get bullied sometimes just how I look and I am afraid that people will judge me more if I try to do something big. Everyone deserves a chance in this world to change something, and I will stand by anyone regardless of their looks to do that.

• Yes of course!

Is it so hard for us to just be kind and accepting of eachother? Surely we would all be a little happier if we didn't have to worry about everyone else's opinion of us all the time! You may not feel bad judging others but if you turned it around and you was getting scrutinised for your appearance I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a very nice feeling.

• It is in our human nature!

It's natural for humans to judge people and that's a big reason why we have survived. Something looks sketchy? Probably is. They always tells us never go against your instinct, and judging people is one of our instincts! Why shouldn't we judge? Because it's morally wrong? So what?! It's kept me alive!

• To feel good you must look good

I would never hire anyone that looks bad or is unprofessional because in some cases they could scare a client or something like that. I would want someone in a office with pink hair tattoos and piercings all over their faces because it s not professional. No one would want to lose customers because on how their employs look.

• No, because people choose their appearance for exactly that reason

People choose clothes, shoes, hairdo, make-up (if applicable) and so on, because they want to make a statement. And so I duly note what they are trying to tell me, and base my judgment on that. Example: If a woman shows up to work in high heels, shows lots of cleavage, spray-cements hair so it won't move for the rest of the day, wears dark lipstick, then what she tells me is that appearing sexy is very important to her (whether she really gets the reaction she wants is another matter altogether). Other example: The guy who shows up in baggy pants, has food stains on his tie, hair not cut, finger nails grimy, does he really think my first impression will be 'oh, a talented, intelligent, highly efficient employee' ?

• No, because they aren't always the same person. People shouldn't judge other people by their physical appearance.

No matter who you are, no matter what food you eat, clothes you wear or what kind of car you drive, you should never be judged by your physical appearance. You are who you are right now, everyone has their own rights and you should always be who you are. Don't let someone mistake you for somebody else, just be yourself and everyone will be okey-dokey with you.

• No, it is a skill that has kept us alive

Judging someone by their physical appearance is similar to how bees select flowers to collect pollen from. A bee collects pollen from more vibrantly coloured flowers, we don't put our hands on blades because they look like they can hurt us. There is no need to risk oneself just to determine whether a person/ object is harmful to you.

• It is perfectly fine to judge someone by appearance

As long as you do not base your judgement completely on appearance, using it as an initial factor for judging a person is perfectly fine. A person will almost always have control over their appearance, how they dress and whatnot so they have the power to determine the image people perceive from looking at them.

• Yes of course it is a big mistake don't be fooled by people appearances they maybe attractive but there maybe a monster sleeping inside

It is not important how do you look like
    what is important is your personality , your heart ; true beauty comes from the heart not by appearance that is what I think
    for example there maybe a very attractive girl but she has a very bad personality
    and overall that you don't have the right to judge people

• People mistake bad for good often

We often here a villain can cite a scripture for his purpose.Many men who inward cowardice where a beard like mighty Hercules and mars.This tells us that in reality their hearts are only made up of sand,what they seem to be are not what they are.Outward appearances are often deceptive like a veiling beauty hides a horrid face and a guild shore leads to a dangerous sea.We need to be careful and not be taken in by the outward attractive appearances of people or we may then suffer the horrifying consequences

• They suck... Yeah

Not my problem
    Uncontrollable aspects such as nose shape or race should not be judged by, because they don't say anything about who a person is.I think we should define "judge" before we debate.

Are we making a judgement, guessing what kind of person they are, or are we judging their worth based on whether they share the same tastes we have? People who dress nicely or crappy in general give off a certain attitude and quality and this reflects how "good" or "bad" or trustworthy a person is.

• They suck... Yeah

Not my problem