Is it wrong to judge people on their physical appearance?

• People should pay heed to a person's wisdom and attitude, it should never be about their outside appearance.

In this generation, so many people in the world always judge people through their appearance, and not what is on the inside. I myself aren't the best-looking, in fact I am not good looking at all, but that has helped me not to judge a book by its cover, and pay attention to the virtues and wisdoms that make a person stand out. Also according to my research, people that look good get paid 4% more money, and not everyone is born with good-looks. But it is some of their attitudes that bother me. I get bullied sometimes just how I look and I am afraid that people will judge me more if I try to do something big. Everyone deserves a chance in this world to change something, and I will stand by anyone regardless of their looks to do that.

• It is wrong!!

I get judged at school and in the street that's because of the way I look I have glasses, red hair and I am bigger than most girls in my school. It hurts when they call me fat and take the mick because I do wrestling. I also like Jedward and when I say that people think I am stupid and don't have taste in music when I list to other music they just don't talk to me to find out.

• One is never ugly

Any person should not be considered ugly. If a person does not look normal like you doesnt mean he is ugly it may be that he has met an accident.In se cases people are born with an abnormility so it doesent mean that you judge him that way. May Allah guide everyone.

• I think it is definitely wrong to judge people on their physical apperance

Ok. For one, unless you’re like... A mind reader or something, you can’t know everything about someone just by looking at them. You don’t know what’s going on in their life, or what it’s like to be in their shoes. Before you judge someone at least make sure you have all the right information. Maybe they don’t want to dress like that. Maybe they don’t have a choice. Maybe they can’t afford to have the fanciest clothes or keep up with all the new trends. Or maybe they just don’t care how they look or what other people think of them, and they would rather be comfortable or express themselves than dress to please other people.
    Number two. Stereotypes. Take glasses for example. Just because someone wears glasses it doesn’t mean that they’re a genius. How does having poor eyesight make you smart? It doesn’t make you stupid, but you definitely don’t need to be clever to need glasses. Or having braces. Just because I would like nice teeth I’m automatically a nerd? Dumb blonde jokes? I have no idea how having blonde hair makes you dumb. I mean because I have brown hair do people call me clever? No. Or what about people who a slim or small built? Oh they must have an eating disorder and people who are a bit larger must spend all day eating. I mean who came up with these crazy ways of categorising people?
    Then on the other hand judging people by their appearance can be a survival instinct, for example if I was lost somewhere and needed to ask for directions. If I was choosing between a guy with lots of piercings and tattoos and his hood up or a man in a suit reading a newspaper I would probably go for the man in the suit. However, this is kind of stupid too and it’s not exactly reliable. I mean not everyone with tattoos and piercings is a scary rough person and not everyone in a suit is a nice person either. I mean either of them could be a murderer for all I know.

• Hello? Of Coarse!

In English I am persuading people not to judge others. Here Is what I have so far:Do you ever stand there looking at someone and are about to think to yourself “Wow that person is really…”Whoa stop right there, think about it, think about how you might have incomplete information, and think about what they would say if you were in their shoes or in their position.
    Before judging someone make sure that you know all facts about this person. Perhaps hold back until you truly understand why their appearance is the way that it is. If you are about to judge someone put yourself in his or her shoes, quite often we do it without thinking and we don’t ask ourselves “How would I feel if I was them?” Also to judge someone can assume that you know them better than they know themselves which is really creepy. Don’t forget your judgement could be incorrect or inhumane to that person. Especially if you are judging them by their physical or mental appearance.
    Let’s face it we all hate being judged by other people. Most of us would not like to think of ourselves as judgemental people. We most certainly don't enjoy it when other people judge us or make comments about us that we don't appreciate. Judging people can lead to stereotypes, rumours, and ultimate hate. For some people, even receiving constructive criticism can tamper their ego. As much as we hate to admit it, I find that everyone can often be judgemental towards others. Usually, our judgements are either in our heads and kept silent or just shared between friends. We need to try to think of positive things about people instead of thinking negative. Maybe thinking about their background or their life situation, and realize how good our situation is.

• Say no to judge a person through his physical appearance

It is completely wrong to judge a person through his or her physical appearance...How can you judge a person by his just looks ,features, or clothes, because your features, your looks or your clothes do not tell about your personality traits ,your wisdom, your character or your way of thinking, but your speech your behavior and your character do. It is truly a biased thing to make a certain thought or beliefs about someone only by seeing him.. I think to judge a person by his facial appearance or his out look means you are making yourself fool, and it will never make you to know about his actual pesonality.

• Appearance are deceptive

Appearance does not give you the true nature of a person. For ex.Look at Albert ienstine he has a long curly weird hair and an awkward appearance,he looks like a person taking drugs because of his appearance but truly he is a great scientist. Thus it proves appearance is deceptive.Remember "all that glitters is not gold". Light travels faster than sound that's why we judge a person before he even talks .

• Yes of course!

Is it so hard for us to just be kind and accepting of eachother? Surely we would all be a little happier if we didn't have to worry about everyone else's opinion of us all the time! You may not feel bad judging others but if you turned it around and you was getting scrutinised for your appearance I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a very nice feeling.

• People should not be Judge on their race

If people stopped worrying about their race there would be less protesting . Another supporting argument is that people would feel safe in the united states of America and not have to think secede is the only way to be happy. That is what I believe is right. Thank you

• Say yes to judge a person through his physical appearance

It is completely correct to judge a person through his or her physical appearance... You can judge a person by his just looks ,features, or clothes, because your features, your looks or your clothes tell about your personality traits ,your wisdom, your character or your way of thinking and speech your behavior and your character do.

• Beauty is in the values of a person

Physical appearance is given by good to everyone. As a human we don't have any right to judge the things given by God.....And it's very easy for someone good looking to judge a person by their skin colour or physical appearance but it's difficult to tolerate the same for not good looking person... Beauty is not just how a person look from outside by also how they are from inside....How they behave or how they talk to another....

• Beauty is in the values of a person

• Subtle details can hint

While I do believe that appearance should not be the sole reason for a relationship, I firmly disagree with the claims that appearances cannot show personality traits. Is their hair messy? They could be apathetic or unorganized (but not always). Do they stink? Again, apathetic and possibly unhygienic. Do they have bags under their eyes? Night owl, apathetic.
    I also agree with another post, whereas clothes can give a hint as to what a person places value in. If they wear suggestive clothing, they probably place value in looking sexy. If they wear dull clothing, they could dislike fretting about fashion (first-hand experience). I want to make the latter point extra clear because I know someone won't be able to see the reasoning behind it. Though it might seem insignificant, not caring about fashion relates to a person's likes and dislikes, and as we all were taught, choose someone who shares interests with you.

• Not really, people.

There's nothing even morally wrong with making an opinion or conclusion about someone based on their appearance. Such an opinion or conclusion can be as simple as this: "The pores of his face are extremely dark and his skin is shining like polished metal....His skin type is probably oily." However, to judge ("to make an opinion or conclusion about") based solely on appearance on an entire person (personality, morality,etc.) is committing a horrendous logical fallacy. It's a bit hard to say if it's immoral, or "wrong".

Wrong or right aside, to obtain a slightly less bias viewpoint in situations, keep in mind that the people you know are not the faces that you recognize as them. Those are simply the formation of skin, muscle, fat, and various other materials that surround them. In truth, the human is a brain. All the people that everyone knows are, essentially, brains.

So the next time you hold a conversation with a facially unattractive, fat person, think of that person as a brain. The next time you talk to a mind-blowingly attractive individual, think of them as a brain, too. Then maybe, you will experience a change in your view.