Is it wrong to judge people on their physical appearance?

• People should pay heed to a person's wisdom and attitude, it should never be about their outside appearance.

In this generation, so many people in the world always judge people through their appearance, and not what is on the inside. I myself aren't the best-looking, in fact I am not good looking at all, but that has helped me not to judge a book by its cover, and pay attention to the virtues and wisdoms that make a person stand out. Also according to my research, people that look good get paid 4% more money, and not everyone is born with good-looks. But it is some of their attitudes that bother me. I get bullied sometimes just how I look and I am afraid that people will judge me more if I try to do something big. Everyone deserves a chance in this world to change something, and I will stand by anyone regardless of their looks to do that.

• It is wrong!!

I get judged at school and in the street that's because of the way I look I have glasses, red hair and I am bigger than most girls in my school. It hurts when they call me fat and take the mick because I do wrestling. I also like Jedward and when I say that people think I am stupid and don't have taste in music when I list to other music they just don't talk to me to find out.

• One is never ugly

Any person should not be considered ugly. If a person does not look normal like you doesnt mean he is ugly it may be that he has met an accident.In se cases people are born with an abnormility so it doesent mean that you judge him that way. May Allah guide everyone.

• I think it is definitely wrong to judge people on their physical apperance

Ok. For one, unless you’re like... A mind reader or something, you can’t know everything about someone just by looking at them. You don’t know what’s going on in their life, or what it’s like to be in their shoes. Before you judge someone at least make sure you have all the right information. Maybe they don’t want to dress like that. Maybe they don’t have a choice. Maybe they can’t afford to have the fanciest clothes or keep up with all the new trends. Or maybe they just don’t care how they look or what other people think of them, and they would rather be comfortable or express themselves than dress to please other people.
    Number two. Stereotypes. Take glasses for example. Just because someone wears glasses it doesn’t mean that they’re a genius. How does having poor eyesight make you smart? It doesn’t make you stupid, but you definitely don’t need to be clever to need glasses. Or having braces. Just because I would like nice teeth I’m automatically a nerd? Dumb blonde jokes? I have no idea how having blonde hair makes you dumb. I mean because I have brown hair do people call me clever? No. Or what about people who a slim or small built? Oh they must have an eating disorder and people who are a bit larger must spend all day eating. I mean who came up with these crazy ways of categorising people?
    Then on the other hand judging people by their appearance can be a survival instinct, for example if I was lost somewhere and needed to ask for directions. If I was choosing between a guy with lots of piercings and tattoos and his hood up or a man in a suit reading a newspaper I would probably go for the man in the suit. However, this is kind of stupid too and it’s not exactly reliable. I mean not everyone with tattoos and piercings is a scary rough person and not everyone in a suit is a nice person either. I mean either of them could be a murderer for all I know.

• Hello? Of Coarse!

In English I am persuading people not to judge others. Here Is what I have so far:Do you ever stand there looking at someone and are about to think to yourself “Wow that person is really…”Whoa stop right there, think about it, think about how you might have incomplete information, and think about what they would say if you were in their shoes or in their position.
    Before judging someone make sure that you know all facts about this person. Perhaps hold back until you truly understand why their appearance is the way that it is. If you are about to judge someone put yourself in his or her shoes, quite often we do it without thinking and we don’t ask ourselves “How would I feel if I was them?” Also to judge someone can assume that you know them better than they know themselves which is really creepy. Don’t forget your judgement could be incorrect or inhumane to that person. Especially if you are judging them by their physical or mental appearance.
    Let’s face it we all hate being judged by other people. Most of us would not like to think of ourselves as judgemental people. We most certainly don't enjoy it when other people judge us or make comments about us that we don't appreciate. Judging people can lead to stereotypes, rumours, and ultimate hate. For some people, even receiving constructive criticism can tamper their ego. As much as we hate to admit it, I find that everyone can often be judgemental towards others. Usually, our judgements are either in our heads and kept silent or just shared between friends. We need to try to think of positive things about people instead of thinking negative. Maybe thinking about their background or their life situation, and realize how good our situation is.

• Say no to judge a person through his physical appearance

It is completely wrong to judge a person through his or her physical appearance...How can you judge a person by his just looks ,features, or clothes, because your features, your looks or your clothes do not tell about your personality traits ,your wisdom, your character or your way of thinking, but your speech your behavior and your character do. It is truly a biased thing to make a certain thought or beliefs about someone only by seeing him.. I think to judge a person by his facial appearance or his out look means you are making yourself fool, and it will never make you to know about his actual pesonality.

• Appearance are deceptive

Appearance does not give you the true nature of a person. For ex.Look at Albert ienstine he has a long curly weird hair and an awkward appearance,he looks like a person taking drugs because of his appearance but truly he is a great scientist. Thus it proves appearance is deceptive.Remember "all that glitters is not gold". Light travels faster than sound that's why we judge a person before he even talks .

• Yes of course!

Is it so hard for us to just be kind and accepting of eachother? Surely we would all be a little happier if we didn't have to worry about everyone else's opinion of us all the time! You may not feel bad judging others but if you turned it around and you was getting scrutinised for your appearance I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a very nice feeling.

• Its OK To Judge

No, it is not wrong to judge people on their physical appearance. If you’re driving through an unfamiliar area late in the evening and notice a group of males with gang symbols, multiple piercings and their underwear sticking up above their waistbands standing around on a street corner, you are going to make an instant judgment based on their appearance – and you are going to keep driving without stopping to ask directions. There are times when judging someone by their physical appearance can literally save your life.

• Judging Is Part of Life

I wouldn't say it is "wrong" to judge people based on appearances. Judging appearances is a major element of human life (animals too). Because of judgements, we're able to determine what types of friend circles will make us happiest and what kind of mates we wish to select to be with for the rest of our lives. But maybe more importantly, judging by appearances helps protect us from dangerous situations. Would you not judge a menacing looking figure in a dark alley just because it's "not nice" to judge?

• No, because people choose their appearance for exactly that reason

People choose clothes, shoes, hairdo, make-up (if applicable) and so on, because they want to make a statement. And so I duly note what they are trying to tell me, and base my judgment on that. Example: If a woman shows up to work in high heels, shows lots of cleavage, spray-cements hair so it won't move for the rest of the day, wears dark lipstick, then what she tells me is that appearing sexy is very important to her (whether she really gets the reaction she wants is another matter altogether). Other example: The guy who shows up in baggy pants, has food stains on his tie, hair not cut, finger nails grimy, does he really think my first impression will be 'oh, a talented, intelligent, highly efficient employee' ?

• No, because they aren't always the same person. People shouldn't judge other people by their physical appearance.

No matter who you are, no matter what food you eat, clothes you wear or what kind of car you drive, you should never be judged by your physical appearance. You are who you are right now, everyone has their own rights and you should always be who you are. Don't let someone mistake you for somebody else, just be yourself and everyone will be okey-dokey with you.

• It makes sense

People who are in certain moods display certain facial expressions pertaining to their mood. People who constantly display a particular facial expression will age their skin in a certain manner resulting from the constant tension or relaxation of certain muscles and areas of skin. A person who smiles a lot may develop endearing crows feet. A person who constantly holds tension or scowls will develop forehead wrinkles etc. From this. It would be very important for our ancestors to distinguish between friendly jovial strangers and aggressive dangerous ones. This has led to an acute ability to sometimes (not always) accurately judge a person by their appearance. This is simply unproven observations to be fair.

• A part of life

Making judgements based on appearances is simply a fact of life. It is a life skill, an instinctive process, a tool for survival. Making sound judgements is a foundation for good communication. It is not a moral issue as some here seem to see it. For example, I travel a lot for recreation. If I walked around in a state of being non judgemental of others' appearances, I would surely get myself into a lot of trouble.

• I say no

People are know by there character not by there physical appearance as people look someways bad and good but what really inside them matters the most ...It can only make a good impression on others not the physical appearance.....So my answer is no to it and I have explained my best....

• To feel good you must look good

I would never hire anyone that looks bad or is unprofessional because in some cases they could scare a client or something like that. I would want someone in a office with pink hair tattoos and piercings all over their faces because it s not professional. No one would want to lose customers because on how their employs look.

• Well, because, whether you admit it or not.... We all do it.

Although I do believe that judging people by their appearance is wrong, I still can't sit here and just say that because I know that I really always do it. We all do. Although we might not want to do so, we still do it, so might as well accept it and carry on with life. And we do it because we realize that, in reality, a person can choose how to look. I mean, there's so many clothes, styling-tools and products that can easily make us look better, and that person chooses how they look.

• It is in our human nature!

It's natural for humans to judge people and that's a big reason why we have survived. Something looks sketchy? Probably is. They always tells us never go against your instinct, and judging people is one of our instincts! Why shouldn't we judge? Because it's morally wrong? So what?! It's kept me alive!