Is it wrong to kill people in order to survive?

Asked by: anelek
  • Yes!!!!!!! It is Wrong!!!

I would rather die than kill someone else just so that I could live.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can anyone say no( besides the fact that everyone else said no)? I am a person who would never kill. Not even if it meant I could live for a few more years. Killing is wrong. Give someone else a chance a life. If you are about to die, it means that that is how life is supposed to go.

• Dfsafadfsa dafd afda

Af k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k kl jl k l k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k

• Dfsafadfsa dafd afda

• Everyone should count the same

Weighing your own interests(in this case that for survival) as more important than that of someone else is making an arbitrary distinction between what is the same thing. It is thus wrong in the same sense that racism or sexism are wrong. However there may be situations in which killing for survival is still the right thing to do, e.g. if you kill a serial killer or some other kind of criminal that harms society.
    There cannot be a definite answer to the question if there is no information about circumstances and consequences.

• We are not just animals.

The difference between us and more primitive animals is our intelligence, our complex consciousness is built on moral laws, if you would kill someone to survive then all that means is that your life means more than your principles (morals). Hence you are following your animalistic instincts and not being consistent as an intellectual being. So do you have morals? And are you willing to die for them? I am.

• You need to survive

In any normal situation it is certainly not ok to kill, but when it's a matter of life or death you have a completely different situation. If someone were trying to kill you, and had a gun to your head would you just stand there and let them kill you? No. You would fight as hard as you could to get that gun out of their hands and into yours. I don't care what kind of moral you have, when you get into a situation where you have to choose between between moral, and life, i guarantee every one of you would choose life.

• Given in context to survival, no it's not wrong

When survival comes into play and one is put in a literal life-or-death situation the moral and ethical rulebook goes flying out of the window with the severity of the situation directly influencing how far off the morality charts you need to go to survive. At least, in my opinion.

You would assume that killing another human to survive would be a last resort with no other options being available. Obviously, at that point, you're in a kill-or-be-killed situation. I mean unless you are willing to die, then you'd have to end another life to save your own.
    And I'm not saying it's okay to kill someone that's just mugged you for your groceries. This only applies when it comes to saving your own skin (and possibly other person's as well).

Think about this: someone has a gun to your head/heart, with the intent to pull the trigger at point-blank range, and the ONLY option is to kill him to get away with your life.
    What would you do ? Live or die ?

• No no no

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• No no no

• No no no

• No no no

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• No no no

• The Will To Survive

Humans are created with something called the will to survive. The will to survive is a psychological force that all humans are created with at birth. The will to survive will help you do whatever it takes to survive. Why would humans be created with this if we were not to use it? Humans have one goal and that is to survive. So no, it is not wrong.

• The will to survive

Humans are created with something called the will to survive. The will to survive is a psychological force that all people are created. Why would humans be created with something like this if we were not to use it to survive. You as a human were created with the goal to survive.

• This is Good Question

I would say if it was life or death anybody would try to survive if they seen an opportunity. We had a lock down drill at school the other day and I had gotten a medal of honor from the police department for being a hero. The school never told us it was a drill and I had gotten most of the classes out of the school along with a friend of mine. I had a gun to my face and I just stood there and told them to let them go and they can kill me. The class went on and the teacher stood in front of me. I had seen an opportunity to take the gun from the "shooter" and tried to shoot him. Well it was just blanks but I still would have killed him in order to save the teachers life and if the teacher wasn't there and I seen the same opening I would have killed him. After the students and faculty came back in the school I had stated "I'm not afraid to give my life to save the lives of everybody in this school no matter how much you bully me or have bullied me in the past." My point is I had made a vow to never take a life but the adrenaline had kicked in and I would have killed him if I had gotten the chance.

PhDMan says2014-01-04T19:45:13.540
Another question with only two choices. This question depends on the situation of survival. An example is one is being held hostage with gun being waved at them. It is okay to defend and destroy the other who is the hostage taker.

A different scenario is you are stranded on another island with another person. One person has possession of food and fire but does not share it. Should he kill the other for survival to steal the food and fire? There are numerous factors that could influence the situation so again the better option would be "It Depends".