• Yes, it is wrong to make fun of a religion.

It is very wrong to make fun of a religion because everyone should be entitled to their own beliefs and they shouldn’t be judged for that. In the Bible verse Proverbs 24:23 states, “These are also things of the wise: To show partiality in judging is not good”. Making fun of a religion may offend someone very much, people may feel like you are trying to tell them they are wrong or you may make them feel attacked. When it comes to things like religion people should just respect others views. The outcome of making fun of religion is eventually war. We have wars all over the world solemnly based on religion. As Psalms 144:1-2 states Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle; My loving kindness and my fortress, My stronghold and my deliverer; My shield and He in whom I take refuge; Who subdues my people under me.

• Belief is protected

Everyone on Earth is entitled to their own beliefs and faith and nobody has the right to make fun or condescend toward those who practice religion. Religion comprises the culture of all human history, and those who think they are above all religions or certain religions should take a history course, in addition to a sensitivity course.

• yes, because people take their religion very seriously.

It is wrong to make fun of a religion. People tend to take their religion very serious and some are extremely defensive when it comes to religion. Every religion is different, just as every race of people is different in some way. Making fun of a religion will usually invoke the same wrath as making fun of a person's race.

• Yes it is wrong

You would say it`s wrong to insult someone`s mother or their country. In the same way it is wrong to insult their religión. Criticism is fine but lack of respect is morally wrong. There are a lots of bigots around any many of them are anti-religious bigots. The nazis used so-called `humour`in their campaign against the jews

• Religion has done horrible things and people should be made fun of for believing in it.

People think that without religion we would all be wicked. But the people who have held to it the most have been for the most part extremely wicked. Back in the so called ages of faith when men really did believe the christian religion in all of its completeness the was the inquisition with its tortures, millions of unfortunate women were burned as witches and the was every kind of cruelty practiced on all sorts of people in the name of god. The more intense has been the religion of any period and the more profound has been the dogmatic belief the greater has been the cruelty and the worse has been the state of affairs. So i dont care if people want to make fun of religion. Religious people have attacked just about everybody but themselves so it would be hypocritical to say we cant make fun of them. Theyve burned and tortured people and now today christians and others are saying its wrong to poke fun at them? So basically religion can torture and kill people but we cant make fun of it. Thats what your saying.

• Religion is a Great Source of Humor

In this world most people take themselves too seriously. Only fundamentalists and true believers have a hard time laughing at themselves and the strangeness of humanity. The best religion adherents are those who can absorb the words of the gentile, infidel and non-believers. And since all religions contradict themselves one should laugh instead of cry at the irrationality of faith.

• Laugh at them all

I feel like a person should be able to make fun of everything. Most people that make fun of something do not mean it in a negative way. They are just having fun and expressing themselves. So that a person makes fun of religion does not mean that they do not believe or are not religious themselves. Plus lets face it there are some religions out there that are just down right crazy.

• We MUST be able to talk about religion.

By preventing people from making fun of religion, we are putting it into a special "protected" category. Is religion capable of standing on its own rights? If yes, then preventing people from making fun of it is unnecessary and demonstrates insecurity. If no, then why are people still holding onto their religions (specifically, if the ramifications of religion are such that people can make fun of them without being concisely refuted).

• Religion should not be given a special status

Anything can be made fun of. Of course if you are religious then you have the right to get offended by mockery, but in the same sense everyone also has the right to offend. Religion should not have a special status, and as someone else has said, nothing is beyond criticism.

• Nothing is beyond critiscim

I don't know how to make this any shorter since I have to use 50 words. Plain and simple, absolutely nothing is beyond criticism. The only way to fix a problem is to be allowed to talk about it. If it doesn't need fixed, that's ok but it is not to remain untouchable.