• The Main Issue here is Selfishness

I was raised a Vegetarian, not Vegan. However we can agree they are similar.

Now what I mean is that, I will not raise my kids vegetarians just because I was (I am currently on the process of trying to adapt my body to meat)

Why? Because I do not think that it is moral, let the kids choose themselves. I am not going to be as selfish and hypocrite as my parents to force my kids to convince them that "Vegan's is the way of life" over some Animal Abuse or ethical thing over eating animals. The predator kills the prey. It is humanity evolutionary right as the top of the food chain to prey down on all the weaklings. If this is wrong, then why aren't the other animals following the same doctrine? Right because they can't. We can adapt. It is not the strongest nor the biggest who survives, but that who adapts to change.

If my kids later down the road decide to change their diet, then so be it. Let them choose themselves. Plus restricting the child's body to a certain diet rather than a full arsenal of food might cause the body more harm than good. (I ordered a sandwich in a grocery store, the sandwich was made with the same utensils as every other. I still do not know what happen but some type of meat, most likely Bacon I ate by accident)

It is wrong to raise our children Vegan, however it is not wrong if they, themselves choose this diet after they learnt what is right, and what is wrong, from their OWN perspective, not ours as parents.

• Yes it is

You can't make a big life decisions for you child, he has the right to choose it for himself. If he believes it's good for him to be vegan then let him be. However if i was you i would make him vegetarian. But you should keep in mind that the body needs a vitamine only found in animal meat which is called Vitamin B12 and this little vitamin is very important for your child/future to be child for his development.

• Yes it is

I wish people will get it through there thick heads that God has given us certain animals for us to eat and to not eat them is a show of disrespect to Him and then to deprive your children from the His gift should not go unpunished. Cows and pigs taste great for a purpose.

• Yes it is wrong to force your child to become vegan.

There are several reasons for this. First of all it can be labeled child abuse of neglect. By forcing your child to be vegan you are essentially slowy killing you child from lack of vitamin B12 before he/she has had a chance to build it up. Next of all you are ignoring the food pyramid. Humans are adapted to being omnivorus. Human diets revolve around a balance of meat and vegetables. By denying your child meat you are denying him/her protein, energy, and you are denying his/her nutritional needs which once again can be labeled neglect. All in all forcing your child to become vegan is direct ignorance of the cycle of nature.

• Children need meat as well as veggies

Children need meat for protein and meat will help them to get stronger. If parents were to feed us kids just veggies we would be straggly things with no protein or muscles on us so i believe that it is wrong to raise children as vegetarians. Thanks for letting us vote and EAT YOUR MEAT XP

• Malnutrition is unavoidable.

How can you give a kid the vitamins they need to grow on a diet that consists of only plants and fake manufactures alternatives? Kids need good nutrition and your radical (that is what they are) views are stifling them. Quite frankly it's child abuse, it should be illegal to not feed your children because of personal belief (read ignorance)

• Seeing the damage

I have a teenage boy in a class I teach in high school. He has been vegetarian or vegan all his life. His parents forced it on him. He is failing every subject, has zero retention , is severely underweight and covered in acne. The mother does not look much better. A lot of the yoga instructors at the studio I attend are vegan, but very healthy. I feel the poor kid never had a chance because he was not provided with adequate nutrition since he was conceived. Being vegetarian as a teen , I am ok with, but forcing vegan ism since birth is child abuse

• The risk is all there

It is all about risk. You are increasing their risk to not meet their requirements, that I believe is not an 'acceptable' risk. You may drive your car on the road and decide that is a small risk to take however, driving your car without your seatbelt on or texting whilst driving is a risk that is much much higher.

• It should be your children's choice to be a meateater or not

Don't like the taste of meat? Fine. You think eating dead animals is cruel and barbaric? Fine, to each their own. Hooray. Just do NOT push your opinion on the others, including your goddamn kids. It is your kids' lives not yours, they should be the ones to choose to eat meat or not. Humans are omnivores and have been eating animal flesh for centuries, and if our bodies are really REALLY not designed to eat meat, why can we digest meat and benefit from it!

• Life choices not in the hands of parents

Becoming a vegan is a life choice that is made by the individual who is capable of understanding the effects (including the consequences) associates with that choice. I young child cannot understand such things and is essentially brainwashed from a young age. Even at maturity, the child will be afraid of eating meat or other animal products, because he/she was not introduced to the choice at a young age.

• No, but only if the parents know enough about nutrition.

While I am neither a vegan nor a parent, I do recognize that there are many good reasons to be vegan, including a smaller carbon footprint, fewer animals being harmed, and the fact that many vegan protein sources are cheaper than meat. I do not think that it would be wrong for parents to raise their children as vegans if a vegetarian or omnivorous diet goes against their morals and desire to minimize their environmental impact.

However, I do agree with the "yes" side that a nutritionally balanced vegan diet is more difficult to maintain than a vegetarian or omnivorous diet. Many nutrients necessary to human survival are found most abundantly in animal products. As many have mentioned, there have been some absolutely heartbreaking cases of infant deaths resulting from a poorly-balanced vegan diet. But such cases are the result of a lack of nutritional knowledge, not the intrinsic nature of a vegan diet.

• How could it be wrong?

I'm sure if you showed any child the TRUTH of the matter.. Like where the chicken sitting on their plate came from they would make the choice themselves to not eat it. It's wrong in my eyes to not show a person where their food is coming from. Any child has the morals to not want to eat something that is brutally murdered but does an adult have those morals? What is wrong with a more compassionate human being. I wish my parents would have sat me down and told me the truth instead of me finding out through youtube videos of slaughter houses. Plus, with the amount of chemicals now being found in meat (such as ammonia) is it really safe to be feeding a young child meat? If later on they want to be meat eaters fine by me but I think every child should be well educated on the food that enters their body.

• It's the healthy way! My kids don't get sick!

Meat and dairy are full of antibiotics and additives. Milk is for baby cows. Meat is for carnivores. This food is not meant for human consumption!!! Not even talking about the ethical issues with raising animals just to exploit their bodies. Kids are naturally compassionate. Let them be that way!

• My nephew wont eat meat

My nephew is 2 years old and since he was able to eat my mom would try to give bits of meat he would spit them out and when we try giving him he wont eat it he just dosent like it he always prefers fruits and greens . Hes so healthy.

• No, because the kids ARE well fed and learn about compassion.

I was raised to eat meat. A LOT. It wasn't until I was a teenager and I realized what I was eating and supporting. If anything they should teach it in schools. I regret not understanding the severity of the issue when I was younger. All the nutrients a person needs comes from the ground by the way.

• Being Vegan is not bad for you

It seems like people have this idea that being a vegan is nutritionally restrictive; and somehow that eating meat is some necessity that, if unfulfilled, will endanger a child. Let's make something clear, you can get EVERY nutrient you need without harming animals. Some people have mentioned vitamin B12 as proof of the need of meat. This is not true. B12, whether from animal products or reinforced plant products, comes from microorganisms. Let me say that clearer: B12 COMES FROM BACTERIA NOT HAM. And, as it is impossible to live your life without killing bacteria (and as they are not sentient and have no cognitive capabilities) it is OK for a vegan to get B12 from the reinforced plant sources. A parent who feeds their child mostly meat will be worse off than one who feeds their child vegan-only food. If a parent is bad about it, and only throws the kid a lettuce leaf, then the kid will probably be malnourished. But feeding your child a proper, by the book vegan diet is not only OK for the child, it is BETTER for them.

• Is it right that people judge a diet that they have never even put an effort to understand and try for few years?

The question are:

* Is it right to feed your children stuff that THEY do not want to start with? Ever seen a weaned baby who likes salt, meat or vegetable without being pushed?
    * Is it right to raise your children with coke, GM, McDonalds, fries, refined sugar, aspartame etc. Which 99% of the parents do and 100% of dieticians will tell you is very unhealthy?
    * Is it right to lie to your children about animals? (i.E. Not showing how animals "live" and die in farms etc.).
    * Is it right to raise your children as meatarian?
    * Is it right to teach your children to numb their feeling for animals?

Thank You!

• Vegan food is healthier than the garbage most kids get at school and in the drive-through!

All these people saying "let the kid decide" - well then the kid would decide to eat candy and soda and high calorie sugary sweets because that stuff is basically crack. If your intent as a parent it to make the decisions that are best for your child, then a vegan lifestyle is a perfectly fine, healthy, way to raise your child. If your kid grows up and decides to change his or her mind, then so be it.

• It is wrong to raise your children on Chicken McNuggets!

I am surprised that the question is even asked. As parents we should teach our kids about compassion. Also, most vegetarians and vegans are very aware of their food choices especially parents. A plant-based diet is so much better for the human body than an animal protein based diet is. The supporting evidence and research is all out there but hidden due to the big money behind the big business of factory farming. No one seems to ask the parents who allows their 4-year old eat chicken mcnuggets, drink cola and doesn't eat vegetables if that is wrong.

• It's wrong not to.

Teaching your children that it is right to slaughter then eat another being when there is no need to is wrong.

That's right no need. You can get all the nutrients you need from plants and all without cholesterol. And I'm pretty sure that the majority of kids in the U.S. Are not getting enough nutrition on the standard American diet. Just look at the obesity rate.

I am terrified for these kids for when they get older and realize the list of medical problems they have all because their parents wouldn't educate themselves.