• Without a doubt

He was neck on neck with Eminem on Renegade and about 80% of his albums are number one albums. He didn't write his verse on Brooklyn's finest and as for the Blueprint and the black album, what more can I say. His flows are sick and he has stayed relevant to the game for the past twenty years

• Without a doubt

• Alive Him and Eminem hold the crown

Jay z is the greatest. He came into an era of hip hop that was in crash because the two greatest biggie and pac lost their lives. He basically got the king of new york crown handed to him by biggie on brooklyns finest and eventually dropped tracks like hard knock life, jigga what jigga who and 99 problems that protected that crown. Nas tried to take the crown and even knows not to mess with jay z. He is the richest man in hip hop behind dr dre and puff daddy who aint even that good. He made jigga and hov a household name and his relationship with beyonce is one of the classiest and most wanted. People might say jays over, he don't got it anymore or hes too old. But like wine age makes it tastier. He has matured and dropped songs that doesn't make him look like he wants to be 25 again. Actually open your eyes and ears and listen to his new stuff aka drug dealers anonymous or spirtual, jay z always got it and forever will be the greatest he makes great music with unforgettable quotes. Jay u the goat

• He Is Awesome

Best rapper Eva He Is da bomb and he da man he beta than m and m and a great rapper he is definitely the best rapper in the world and da universe and da galaxy and he is very good and better than others in rapping I thinks but he awesome.

• Absolutely THE best

Jay Z has stayed relevant for more than 20 years, releasing hit record after hit record. His actual street cred aside, which he has plenty of, unlike most rappers now days which rely heavily on having a tough, gangster persona, he is actually a very talented lyricist. Not only was Jay Z relevant throughout the nineties and early 2000s, he reinvented himself wonderfully with Magna Carta Holy Grail. And let's not forget Watch the Throne with Kanye West. You may not personally enjoy Jay Z's music the best, but he IS the best because overall he trumps every other rapper alive. Some rappers may have him beat in SOME areas, but no rapper can boast the checklist of accomplishments that Jay can. Consistency? Check. Record sales? Check. Skilled lyricist? Check. Story telling? Check. Street cred? Check. Evolving style? Check. Bank account? Ha. No other rapper can even hold a candle to how much money he's made from rap and beyond. It's not even a question Jay Z IS the best rapper alive.

• Jay Z is not the greatest rapper of all time. But he makes the greatest rap songs of all time.

Many people can list artists like Eminem Busta Rhymes twista Tupac public enemy wu tang bone thugs and maybe hundreds of other artists who may have better freestyle or top of the Mind rhymes. But in my opinion the beats and Jay-Z songs topped with his lyrical creativity and impeccable flow creates the absolute best rap songs in the history of the genre. In fact there is very little freestyle evidence available on the internet to support Jay-Z as a top freestyle artist. But basically every song on his first 8 albums is a radio quality top 100 quality song. And that is at the very least. Pretty much every album and song He creates is innovative for the time rather than a copy of something else. I believe Jay-Z has had the greatest career of any rapper and has the highest quality Musical Canon of any rapper who ever lived. Aside from him being a world-class businessman,innovator and artist Supreme. The one thing he is first and foremost is an absolute monster on the microphone. Sickest and smoothest Rhymes to the awesome beats on his albums.

• Every album has been banger after banger

Apart from maybe Kendrick Lamar Jay z spits harder bars than stormzy and skepta. THIS NIGGA IS THE SHIT BRAH no doubt with songs like empire state of mind which yeah you may say has just got there due to the songs link to New York and commercial hype. Nevertheless even songs like heaven and BBC were good

• Caz he cool

He dope jhhhihihihihi hh yih hhi jhh u jg hihhih iih`jjsijssssssssssssssssssssssssskaa ajjjjjjjjjjjjj s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s ss s s s s s s s s s s SUCK MI BIG DEDI I REALLY NEED JAY Z

• Greatest of all time

No way around it. His first album was released in 1996 and he stayed relevant till 2013. Jay released 12 solo albums, excluding collaboration albums with artist like Kanye and R kelly. 17 years in the game, this guy done it all, if hes not on your top 5 then you dont listen to rap.

• Hj ug i

Kh ugvugjvujhvgjh gu iuhiui h ihih y u yhiu iu huk hiu hkh j hhkhk h h hj h h hj jh hj j j jh jh jh jh jh jh jh jh jh j j j j j j j j j j j hj j j j j h

• No, he is not.

While I think Jay-Z is talented and does well at what he loves, I would not say he is the best rapper alive. There are many other rappers out there who are much better than he is. No matter how good you are at what you do, there will always be someone who is better.

• Not the best alive

Jay-Z is an extremely talented rapper who I really appreciate but that doesn't mean he is the best alive. There are rappers better than him like Eminem, Dr Dre, Snoop Lion, 50 Cent, Kendrick Lamar, P Diddy and many more. But I agree he is an extremely skillful talented rapper

• Absolutely Not The Best Rapper!

Not when there's rappers like DMX, Jeezy, Tupac, and Andre 3000. Everybody says the same thing. And definitely not J hova he's saying he's the God of rap I don't think so. Jay a couldn't even out rap Nicki. There are undiscovered people he couldn't out rap. Let's get real!

• Not the best rapper.

No, I do not think that Jay-Z is the best rapper alive. I think that this is a matter of a person's tastes, and who people view as the best rapper alive will vary. Personally, I would say Eminem is the best rapper alive, but that is only my opinion.

• No, Jay-Z is not the best rapper alive.

There are so many rappers around, it is hard to choose the best. I personally enjoy eminem and I think he is the best, but that is my personal opinion. I have never heard anything from Joy-Z, and if it weren't for Beyonce, I never would have heard of him period.

• Jay-Z is great, but not the best.

Jay-Z is definitely a very talented rapper. He has multiple albums of which he has sold a lot, is featured on other artists' songs, and has won Grammies such as the one for his song with Kanye West 'No Church in the Wild". While he is quite talented and dedicated I think there is more to a rapper than that. Unlike some other artists he is not a producer and I think this is a vital piece of being a well rounded rapper.

• Jay Z best American rapper but never transcended the states

I'm from South Africa, i enjoy Jigga's music but only understand his music 60 percent of the time and I speak english fluently. You have to be very entrenched in American pop culture to think jigga is the greatest rapper alive and all of us hip hop lovers are to some extent entrenched in American culture but hip hop itself has grown larger than America to such an extent that you can find dope emcees in places like Britain, korea and even france... Jayz has never grown beyond american hip hop whereas eminem, busta rhymes and even rappers like kanye have transcended american hio hop and joined the universal scene... Jay-z's succes abroad is only due to americas success abroad whereas someone like eminem, andre 3000, kanye and others really have a global sound and are relevant to all people all over