• Very good, not great

Jerry Sloan has had tremendous success as the head coach of the Utah Jazz, which includes coaching some all time greats such as John Stockton and Karl Malone, however he has never won a championship. I would say that his contempoarties such as Phil Jackson, Pat Riley and Greg Popovich are much better than him

• He is very good, but not elite

Jerry Sloan has had tremendous success as the head coach of the Utah Jazz, which includes coaching some all time greats such as John Stockton and Karl Malone, however he has never won a championship. I would say that his contemporaries such as Phil Jackson, Pat Riley and Greg Popovich are much better than him.

• He Is Good, But Not The Best

Jerry Sloan is a great coach. What he has done in Utah is very impressive and he is one of the best NBA coaches ever. Unfortunately, he has never won an NBA championship so I cannot place him over a few coaches. I believe that Phil Jackson and Greg Popavich are better coaches and have a better resume.

• No.

Jerry Sloan is a great coach, a future Hall of Famer, and most certainly one of the greatest of all time. But THE very greatest? Not hardly. He has quite the competition in that, from a handful of differing parties. Phil Jackson, Don Nelson, Gregg Popovich and Pat Riley all have a say in the discussion.