• He is the blood.

I don't argue my faith. Jesus is the blood sacrifice for personal sin. The sin of the world, because the word, sin, is only really understood by sinners!!!!!

Jesus is the ultimate scapegoat. Jesus is the focus of Christianity. I have no excuse eventually for sin when I face Father God...God must see and continually abide with his seed that he cannot deny living in the born-again believer.

It is finished...No more "work" for salvation..Only a passion, after being transformed by God. Yes, forgiven for sins. Every damn one of them.....If you knowingly sin, beware....You answer to God...Not always to mortal flesh. I see Jesus as God..I cannot myself be a scapegoat for sin...That is Gods job, because the Word says that all who come to him and accepts this 'gift' will be washed and saved and given work within Gods life,himself to do and will apart from sinful flesh......And mortal daddy.....

Jesus is the scapegoat for my sin. I do not apologize for my faith, I apologize for my errors in the light, love and conscience seering manifestation of conviction. I was lost, now I'm found.....And the blood of God himself is on the doorpost of my very life!

• Jesus is LITERALLY a scapegoat

In Leviticus, the scapegoat ceremony is outlined where two goats are taken to an altar. One goat has all the sins of the tribe placed upon it, it was then allowed to run away. The other is the Holy of Holies. It has no sins and it is sacrificed to the Lord.

In the New Testament, Barabbas is the sinful goat. His name, like Jesus' means son of god. He has all of the sins of the people. He is a murderer, thief etcetera etcetera. Jesus (the Holy of holies) is without sin, then is sacrificed to the lord.
    In this way, Jesus is literally a scapegoat as well as in the figurative sense.

• Christians are avoiding personal responsibility by using Jesus as a scapegoat

Christians belief that Jesus suffered and died for their sins. This is avoiding responsibility for the consequences of bad or even evil choices. Jesus did not come here to die but to teach. Religions are responsible for spreading the lie that Jesus died for our sins. If we adhere to his teachings and discover the "Christ consciousness" within, then we will live like responsible adults.

Enki Ruthven

• I'm not quite sure what you mean by the question.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the question, but if I'm interpretting what your asking correctly, yes, people all too conveniently use Jesus's crucifixion on the cross to avoid taking personal responsibility for their own moral choices.

Many christians today commit sin or do as they please because they believe Jesus paid the ultimate price for their sins; they use this as an excuse to participate in all sorts of depravity and it reveals how easily the christian message can be perverted.

Jesus died for sin, but this doesn't mean a christian can do as he pleases.

Just because I have a personal relationship with God doesn't mean my sins don't have consequences here on Earth. If I decide to run a red light, I'm still putting people in harms way, even if I have a relationship with God!

Jesus's death is all too easily perverted by Christians today.

• Beyond all doubt.

Jesus has been used over and over as a scapegoat for bigotry by roght-wing extremists. In referring to Jesus, I am actually referring to the Holy Trinity of which he is supposedly a part of, as he is apparently all three. The member of the Holy Trinity which is the father is constantly used as an excuse to deny rights to those who lack equal treatment.

• Jesus is a scapegoat for people looking for someone to blame.

I think Jesus is at times a scapegoat for some people. He is used whenever it is convenient, or when something is needed by the individual. He is blamed when people do bad things or when something happens that could have been prevented. People don't take responsibility for the faults that are theirs, choosing to blame these shortcomings on Jesus instead.

• Yes - there needs to be more personal responsibility!

When a difficult moral decision is encountered, it is very common to defer to the choice made by Jesus. While this takes the strain off the individual, it means that any future blame can be placed upon the word of the church as well as the word of the Bible. Moral mis-steps should be the responsibility of the individual.

• Please “Define” scapegoat

The term scapegoat actually comes from the Biblical sense, so Jesus basically is the “original scapegoat”. However, if you think a scapegoat is “using which to avoid personal responsibility”, then you are absolutely wrong. Righteous Christians do not use Jesus to avoid solving personal problems.
    Actually, accusing all Christians of using the Son of God to avoid personal responsibility is extremely ironic. Responsible people are accountable and blameworthy. Once you sin, you recognize that you are blameworthy of your sins. Can you “undo sin”? No.
    What you can do is seek God, and tell him that you understand that you have sinned and ask for forgiveness. If no one else will forgive you, Christ will, if you TRULY, 100 PERCENT hold yourself accountable. Then you shall regain access to God’s kingdom.
    People who purposely use Jesus to avoid personal responsibility are evidently NOT 100% responsible for their actions and therefore will not gain entrance to His kingdom.

• I don't think so...I've never been posed the question.

This is an odd question. It's never really crossed my mind. He certainly doesn't seem like a scapegoat. He's definitely the face of Christianity, but I don't think that makes him a scapegoat. If anything, the things he taught can be applied to a very diverse crowd of people. So, I don't see him as a scapegoat at all.