• The Bible is True

Many of you have said that the Bible is not a valid source. However, the Bible has been proven to be valid source. Many of the prophecies that Jesus made has come to pass. Such as massive earthquakes (which weren't common back then), famine (Africa), global wars (WWI, WWII), etc. The prophecies made by the Old Testament prophets about Jesus has come to pass in the New Testament. Historians have discovered that each book of the bible was written at different times. If that is so, how can they all connect with each other and have one same, main message?

• Jesus is God.

Some claim that Jesus possesses only the characteristics of God, not His essence or substance. This confuses the language. The word used here for "Deity" (theotes) means the essence or state of being God. A different word (theiotes) means "divinity" or the characteristics of God. (See the definitions.) Nevertheless, how could Jesus possess "all the full measure of the characteristics of God in a bodily form" without being God? Even if the mistaken definition were accurate, the passage would still prove Jesus is God.

Read Colossians 2:9 and Hebrews 1:3

• Yes, Jesus is God

The Bible explicitly states that Jesus is God. He is part of the Trinity. Look at you personally. You have a body, mind, and a soul, yet you are one person. Same with Jesus. He is God just as much as your body is you. Some people have said Jesus isn't God because He couldn't help himself when He was crucified. Actually, He could have helped Himself and called the armies of heaven down to save Him, but He decided to die for your sins and mine.

• Yes, Jesus is divine.

Exodus 3:14 - God says to Moses, "I Am That I Am"
    John 5:46 - Jesus says, "If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me." Jesus later says in John 8 "Unless you believe that I Am, you will die in your sins" He later adds, "before Abraham was, I Am."
    John 1:1,14 - "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us."
    Thomas says to Jesus in John 20:28 "My Lord and my God!"
    Isaiah 44:6 - "Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: ‘I am the first and I am the last, and there is no God besides Me."
    Revelation 1:17-18 - "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
    He's also prayed to and worshiped in the New Testament.
    Finally - Revelation 4:8 - "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come."

• The Bible says so.

In John 1:3, it says that everything that came into being did so through Jesus. That means Jesus himself could not have come into being. That means Jesus has always existed. That means Jesus is God. Also, 2 Peter 1:1 and Titus 2:13 explicitly says that Jesus is God. Also,Isaiah 44:24 says that YHWH created the heavens and the earth BY HIMSELF, but Colossians 1:15-17 says that Jesus created the heavens and the earth. It follows that Jesus is YHWH. The people to my left seem to not understand the doctrine of the Trinity.

• Yes He Is

God is trinutarian, meaning He manifests in three personalities, one of which is Jesus. While it takes faith to believe that Jesus is God, there is ample evidence in the Bible and throughout history to support this faith claim. He is the Son of God, but also fully God. His perfect sacrifice on the cross redeems our lives.

• He, I Am, so be it

We are all the creator Gods children, in any language Latin, Aramaic, English, we are ALL his children, their is no division, no war, violence in his kingdom. Here on Earth, Terra we are all guilty of being sinful, by turning our minds, hearts and souls away from God and instead worshiping Satan, who is destroying the world as we speak. The battle between the spiritual realms of good and evil are becoming evident on earth. The truth is being revealed all over the world, beyond our physical control, God is and always will, what he wills is and we are all born for a purpose, individually and collectively as a global family.

• The Evidence Is There

I have read many books about the validity of the Bible. They all tend to make the nearly the exact same points. They do differentiate on the approach to providing evidence that Jesus is God, but all of them make hard to refute arguments. Take the disciple approach for example. Judas doubted Jesus and betrayed Him, and the Disciples all fled other than Peter, who denied Jesus three times before fleeing himself. We can all agree that the Disciples were His closest followers. Therefore, nobody was crazy enough to put full faith in Him in the moment. He was found innocent of any crime by Pilate but crucified by the Jews. He was sealed in a tomb for three days guarded by Roman soldiers. He would have had no help, but he actually raised from the dead got out of the guarded tomb, appeared to 500 people, who testified about it (only two were actually needed back then to make a testimony hold some truth). He appeared then to the Disciples elsewhere while they were fishing, and they immediately knew it was Him. They literally died as they shared His word. I know I would not die for a faker. Would you? 10 of the Disciples died this way through stoning, upside-down crucifixion, etc. (Judas hanged himself in his guilt and John lived on to write the book of Revelations).

• Jesus is God, and has always existed with God.

John 1:1-3, 14, 16-17
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. ... And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. ... And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ."

Jesus is God, and He was involved in the creation of everything that was created. The fact that Jesus made Himself submissive to the Father, and while He was on Earth did nothing on his own power, but did everything through the power of the Holy Spirit, does not in any way limit or negate His Deity.

• SSS s sss s

S sssssssss s ss s ss. S s ss s s. S s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s ss s. S ss s. S ss s s s s s s s s s s s s ss s s s s s. Ss

• Jesus didn't even exist!

Jesus din't even exist! How could he be God? First of all, there is no God! Second of all, Jesus didn't exist, third, the Roman Empire never crucified people, so how could Jesus be God? Look it up. Don't be indoctrinated like those bigots on the left side...

• No he isn't.

No. It doesn't take a mathematical genius to know that 1+1+1 doesn't equal 1. There is only ONE God. And he is All Great, he knows everything. Jesus, just a prophet, didn't know everything. For example, in the picture of the last supper for you who don't know the only one in the picture who knew Jesus was about to die (in Christian belief) was Judas. If Jesus was God, wouldn't he know that? How are you going to worship someone who couldn't even help himself? I love Jesus but only as a prophet of coarse.

• Not a chance.

First off, you can't use the bible-it's not your proof it's your claim. Secondly, if Jesus was "god" then why on the cross did he say "o father, why hast thou forsaken me?" He is supposedly god yes? So is he just talking to himself? Is he a schizophrenic? You may say "He said that because that was the one point in history when god turned his back on humanity". Well Jesus never turned his back on humanity so how could have the other god? (Stay with me). So if god was there with Jesus at that time, then the Christian god isn't really omnipresent now is he? Also, why would he cry out those words if he know god was going to turn his back on humanity/not be there? He is supposedly all-knowing yes? Well I guess not. Jesus is not god, he is not god because of all the reasons listed AND because..god isn't real in the first place.

• Nope

If Jesus is god, that would mean that he gave birth to himself to sacrifice himself to himself so that he could forgive himself. Besides, if he was god (even though god obviously doesn't exist), who was he praying to all those countless times in the bible? Either he's schizophrenic or he wasn't a god, and schizophrenia to my knowledge is an example of an imperfection, and god is supposed to be a perfect being. The biggest piece of nonsense surrounding this is that people believe that this man from the middle east 2000 years ago was god simply because a book without evidence says so. It's moronic.

• Nope

For all those people who quote the bible as proof of the existence of god, I have some questions that you may be able to clear up for me.
    1. If god is all knowing and all powerful, why is there a need for the bible at all?
    2. If the people writing the bible were directed by god as to what should be written, then why would god eliminate the confusion of translation and just give everyone that information directly?
    3. The most obvious question and one asked several times. Why two versions of the same book? Instead of being called the new testament why not call it the bible 2.0.
    4. Did some of the original authors of the books misunderstand the instructions they were given? Seems like an all powerful being would be able to master simple communications.
    5. Since we mere humans are so fallible would it not make more sense to have jesus show up for every new generation so that his message wasn’t misinterpreted? It would certainly help to end the mixed messages from various churches. Doesn’t seem like very good planning for someone who came up with a divine plan.
    6. Perhaps the difficulty was the translation between languages. If that is the case why are there different languages at all?
    7. If virgin births were so effective why the need for reproduction at all? It would certainly end the problems with rape, abortion, fertility clinics not to mention the dreaded homosexuals that seem to scare so many people.
    While I am fully aware I will be quoted some obscure passage explaining all of this confusion I have, some explanation not involving the bible would be a great help since I have no way of knowing if it was one of the misconstrued versions lost in translation. Better yet if you could put in a word to god and have him clarify his thinking that would be more helpful.
    As for justin.graves explanation my dog is a canine, a pooch, a pup, a companion, a pet, a guard, a playmate for kids and the official greeter for those knocking on my door. Judging by your reasoning he is 8 in 1. Does that make him better than god, jesus and a ghost? 8 is greater than 3.

• Let the Bible Speak...

John 14:28 says, "... For my Father is greater than I."

John 17:3 says, "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."

John 5:30 says, "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me."

John 12:49-50 says, "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak."

John 20:17 says, "...But go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."

According to these five critically clear verses Jesus is not God. He himself said that he was sent by the One true God and told what to say. He also said that he couldn't do anything on his own. Nor does he seek to fulfill his own will. But the most incriminating verse is John 20:17. He told Mary Magdalene that the God of his brethren is his God.

This particular verse begs the question did the disciples believe that Jesus is God? A question that can be answered if you read what they said about him in the fifth book of the New Testament.

According to Acts 2:22, on the Day of Pentacost Peter stood up with the other eleven disciples and in his address to a small crowd that had overheard them speaking in other tongues he said:

"Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know."

Not one of the other disciples reprimanded Peter. A man who was an eyewitness to Jesus' Transfiguration, command over a legion of demons, and power over death (see: Matthew 17:1-3; Mark 5:1-20; John 11:38-44). Yet who did not believe that these fears made him a possessor of divinity. Similarly, they didn’t object when according to Acts 10:37-38 Peter said:

"That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him."

The other disciples clearly supported Peter. And why wouldn’t they? All Judaea was aware that Jesus was anointed with the Holy Ghost and power by God.

Thus, Peter was simply teaching what he had learned from Jesus. That he is a righteous servant of God and a Prophet.

• Jesus is NOT God.

Jesus cannot possibly be god becuase if he was, he would have been sent to many different nations. We find that Jesus was sent to preach to a specific nation only, not mankind. One would expect to find Jesus being sent to all of mankind if he was God, rather what we find is that Jesus just like all the other prophets, was sent to a specific nation only.
    If Jesus is God one would expect him to admit he is good in the sense that God is good, meaning perfect. However when we read the Bible we see that Jesus denies being good in the sense that God is good which is perfect.
    Do you worship Jesus, or the one Jesus worshiped? Jesus prayed, and had a God himself. So, Jesus himself cannot be God. The logical thing to do is worship and pray to the one Jesus prayed to. If Jesus told you that he had a God, would you take Jesus as God?
    God also cannot come out of a woman. If Jesus IS God, then Mary couldn't have given birth to him because God has no mother. The very fact that Jesus was given birth, and came out as baby is enough to refute the claim that Jesus is God. God is not a baby, nor did he come out of a woman.

• Jesus (Yeshua) is not God

Yeshua himself says that "Worship and serve only God (Mat. 4:10). He concur with the Shema "Hear O Israel the Lord our God the Lord is one (Mark 12:29-30) the Lord is ONE not 2 not 3 not many like the egyptian gods and god of the nations. In Ex. 20 Hashem says "You shall have NO gods before Me". 1 Tim.2:5 says "For there is ONE GOD and ONE MEDIATOR between God and men, the MAN YESHUA" Can we find even just a SINGLE verse in the New Testament where Yeshua claims that He is God? I dont find any but look at the Torah you will find out that Hashem repeatedly claims that He is the God of Abraham Isaac and Jaacob and there is no God beside Him.

• No, all gods are creations of men.

There is not a single god that did not come into existence without the imagination of a human. All the gods, human have worshiped, fail to meet the definition of a god. That is all knowing and having superior intellectual abilities. Each of the gods studied have shown behavioral abnormalities not associated with a civilized individual. That includes the gods of the Jewish faiths, Christian faiths and Muslim faiths, even though them states that them worship the 'same god', none of them act like they are related in any way.

• Jesus Is Not God

I do not think that Jesus is God. They are two separate individuals that sometimes become confused due to their biblical backgrounds and how they are recognized. The Bible makes it very clear that God and Jesus are different people. Many historians have also concluded that they are two separate people as well.

radz says2015-07-08T13:56:39.823
The Son is the copy (exact likeness) of the Father's own nature. ~ Hebrews 1:3b

The Son is not the copy of the Father's person ( KJV) but of the Father's nature (ESV).

The copy is not the original.Nevertheless, they are the same in what they contain.

Analogy: A photo (copy) contains the same picture/letter the original copy contains.

The nature of Jesus is a copy of the original nature (i.E. The Father's own nature).

The Father is eternal (Ps. 90:2).
The Son is eternal (Mic. 5:2)

The Father is God ( John 17:3)
The Son is God ( John 1:1, 18, 20:28;Romans 9:5;Titus 2:13;Hebrews 1:8)

The Father is one Lord (Deut. 6:4)
The Son is one Lord (1 Cor. 8:6)

The Father receives prayers (Matthew 6;John 17)
The Son receives prayers (John 14:14;1 Cor16:22)

The Father receives latriatic worship (Matthew 4:10;Rev 22:3)
The Son receives latriatic worship (Daniel 7:14 LXX;Rev5:13,14:4, 22:3)

The Father has all his fullness (Col 1:19)
The Son has all the fullness of the Godhead (Col 2:9)