• The best gutiarest

Jimi Hendrix is the best guitarist in the world because he has emotion when he does solos. Nobody can play faster than him. Do not trust people that say that he is not the best guitarist. He invented solos that go with the beat. Nobody can be better than him.

• Hendrix is the best

Hendrix is the best no other Can match
    Him to this day don't get me wrong
    Slash page and Clapton are great players
    But no one of them are near hendrix
    Just try to play voodoo child like he did
    Yeah not so tough now am i right...
    He is the best and Will always be

• Hendrix is the best

Jimi's work isn't necessarily "impossible" to play, but no matter how hard you try, you can never get that distinct sound. I've been practicing Voodoo Child for over a year and it still doesn't sound right. Hendrix is truly and legend that nobody will ever be able to top, no matter how hard they try.

• He was the first

It's relatively easy to copy what he played these days, given the tabs on the web, but getting the right sound is tricky and then you have to consider that it's easy to re replicate after the event. I think he's contribution was amazing and i still listen to his music and marvel how brilliant and ground breaking it must have been in the 1960s. However given his early demise which guaranteed his eternal stardom would we speaking so highly of him had he lived into old age and allowed himself to compared to his contemporaries, such as Page and Clapton? These masters have disappeared into restively obscurity as their creative output has diminished over the years and they have leant back on their assets and archive. I'd hope that Jimi would have remained current and would still be pushing the boundaries. Who knows!

• Until the next inexhaustible genius comes along.

Like Mozart or Shakespeare or Leonhard Euler, some minds can only be described as bottomless wells. Some genius is simply put inexhaustible. Jimi Hendrix was one such mind. No one will ever know how far he would've taken the transformation of music. And, in many ways, no one (or very few people) can know how far he did take it in his brief career. Many of the guitarists normal people consider to be "the greatest guitarists ever" regard Hendrix as the ultimate model, the consummate artist, and the greatest musical mind since Amadeus. Yes, he is the best.

• When you listen to him and realize he had no predecessor. If he had lived to hear page and van halen he would surpass them.

Just listen to his recordings...Sheesh!!! He understood the feeling and the technical aspect of music more than any artist you can listen to except Mozart and Mozart didn't play guitar!! No one from Page to Malmsteen to Vai can match the sheer power and feeling that Hendrix brought to the guitar.

• Without a doubt

No well known rock/blues guitarist can out-skill Jimi Hendrix. As far as rock goes, he has no successor. Jimmy Page was epic but nothing he could improvise or write could hold up against the godlike performances Hendrix brought forth. Blues wise, there were some amazing guitarists like Albert Collins, Buddy Guy, and BB king, but still, none really had the skill level that Hendrix did

• If he lived

He would have continued to innovate and shape the sound of rock n' roll. His greatness was not only felt in his presence on stage, but maybe more so in his untimely passing. Leaving behind a giant chasm in popular music that no one has yet been able to fill.

• The Rock God

Jimi Hendrix was the ultimate rock god. No matter what you say or what you think he blows down the competition with pure and versatile speed and emotion in his playing. The epitome of what guitarist should be exploring chords and worlds far beyond that of any guitar player during his time.

• He Just Keeps Getting Better

The way he plays is truly special and you can hear it in his music. To me no cover will ever reproduce the magic in hendrix's playing competely. The best thing about hendrix is that you appreciate his playing the more you listen to it. His playing was revolutionary not just in his usage of equipment but I feel that he was able to weave chords and single note runs together in a way that revolutionized guitar playing. He didnt play lead or rythm he just played guitar.

• Jimi just doesn't hold up anymore.

Jimi was a great guitarist but people nowadays can do what he did and more they learn how to play guitar on Jimis music he was great do not get me wrong and yes he did do a lot for the guitar industry but people took that and made it better there are plenty of people who can play faster than Jimi lets face it Jimi is not the best anymore still great but not the best defiantly deserves his spot i the history books as a great guitarist but he is no longer #1

• What about the others?

I think that other guitarist like Page or Clapton also did amazing things like Jimi, but they dont get the same "reputation" of gods, even thought they created an style by themselves. In my opinion, the best guitarist is Page, because he developed amazing guitar riffs and melodies, with a lot of incredible solos, like Stairway to Heaven. Maybe he just gets lots of shit because of plagiarism

• Not by a longshot

There is no denying how innovative the man was. Saying he was the best is just too final of a statement to me. The best guitar players are typically jazz players or metal heads. The former using scales rock and blues dudes never touched; the latter using micro scales like Robert Johnson used to. Blues scales and pentatonic scales are not difficult to play, by a long shot, nut those are the scales employed by all the players we love. They are also the most pleasing or Al DiMeola would be everyone's favorite.
    When you want to know which restaurant is the best, you dont ask someone off the street. You ask a chef. Someone who knows how to make good food. You do the same with music. Every great musician back then would have said Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac. Old Fleetwood Mac before Nicks and Buckingham. Go listen to Mike Bloomfield. Go listen to Jerry Garcia. These dudes were tight. But if you wanna talk skill and innovation go listen to Duane Allman. Dead at 24 years old and was a studio musician for Wilson Pickett and Otis Redding. Modern slide guitar would still be in the 40's if it weren't for him. No doubt Jimi Hendrix was great. . . .But the best? You need to get out more and stop relying on your local classic rock station and Rolling Stone for you musical education.

• At the time he possibly was not sure best ever

There have been so many amazing guitarists. Many I've never heard of. He played with great passion and was a showman live. He did a lot in a short time. Dying young helps his legacy. People think he would never have a weak period; which is hard to believe. Somebody wrote he is the fastest which is totally wrong.

• Jimi no way

SRV was far better! Listen to his ' little wing' However I. All honesty the greatest guitarist of all time would be tommy Emmanuel and classical guitar player John Williams. All these blue elec. Players are doing is improv. And yes they are damn good at it. But to put best on any person is high school

• Saying Jimi is the best of all time is easily the most uneducated, nonmusical thing anyone can say.

Give the guy credit for what he was, and innovator. He was loud got into it and pointed the direction of a modern guitarist. I supposed the guy that invented the wheel is the best engineer ever too? Saying he was the best ever means that you can go no further. And CLEARLY musicians went way further in every aspect of playing. Whether it be speed, technique, phrasing, solo, rhythm . He was the beginning of something. Credit him for that. He was the greatest of his time in his genre. Give him that maybe.

I'm not trying to bash Jimi at all, I enjoy spinning him from time to time. But man people open your eyes. There are thousands of players that surpassed his ability. If you truly think he is the best of all time you need to peel the delusion off your face. There is an AMAZING line up of incredible artists out there.

• It's too easy to Hendrix

Had you asked my in my late teens and early twenties. Yes, I would totally agree; JMH was THE best. But, since then, I've diversified. I now listen all types of music; from Jazz, to flamenco and many genres in-between. And each of these genres has a dozen or so stand out, world class guitar virtuosos.

Case in point? Django Reinhardt. An absolute genius, who played with heart breaking passion and complete technical prowess. He was caught in a fire and lost the use of three fingers on his left hand. Now for all of those who day how quick Hendrix played, go listen to some Django Reinhardt and remember that he did that with two fingers... In 1940! It blows my mind! And that’s just Gypsy Jazz.

Saying Hendrix is the best player of all time is simply ignorant ,and demonstrate a complete lack of knowledge regarding the art of guitar playing.

• It's too easy to say Hendrix.

Saying Hendrix is the best player of all time is simply ignorant, and shows a lack of knowledge about the art of guitar playing.

• Inconsistent and by no means the best.

To my ears not even great. And that is the problem with the ridiculous idea of establishing the greatest guitarist when all criteria and assessments are entirely subjective/personal. Amazing how musical myths persist and build and ignore lesser known players and the fact that different skills and touch vary across genres.

• Not by a longshot

I saw him in Central Park in July, 1967, and thought he was the greatest. Then two years later, I saw John Cippolina of Quicksilver Messenger Service. He was, I believe, the greatest player. He made sounds that NO ONE had made before and NO ONE has made since his passing.

Anonymous says2013-09-05T11:10:05.470
Hendrix could play any kind of music and play it well. He was way head of his time and guitarist are still trying to catch up to him today. He took the guitar and expanded the boundaries of what was to what currently is. His creativity and soul when never be duplicated. There was only one Hendrix