Is Jimmy Fallon a better Tonight Show host than Jay Leno?

• Change can be good and in this case, it was time.

Fallon brings a much higher and broader level of entertainment to the Tonight Show. Leno was good, but aged out. He didn't update himself and like Letterman became dull and predictable. The ratings are topping all other late night shows. Not quite sure what some of the naysayers are talking about when they claim the ratings are poor. I think those comments must be sour grapes. Change can be good and in this case, it was time.

• Jimmy is better

And much more multi-talented. He's made the tonight show a big thing again. He has rejuvenated the show at a much needed time. By the way, I can't believe how all these people here are saying Fallon isn't funny. But Jimmy doesn't need these stupid haters, he already has enough fans to last him a lifetime.

• He is so much better

Jimmy Fallon is funny and he does bring a lot to the table. His games and his interactions with the guests makes the Tonight Show so much better. He is younger too (way younger) so he is able to connect with the younger crowd which Jay Leno is unable to.

• He is phenomenal

Jimmy comes in and kicks some hilarious butt. He always starts in with new, Hilarious and smart material. It is great for viewers of all ages. Jimmy touches base on all of the new social media buzz and sill covers the classic comedic style chatter. I personally believe he is the best late night American on the air.

• Heck Yes, before it was easier to turn off the tv

And go to sleep, but latley I find myself staying up to watch him. I think hes very funny, witty, and has interesting people on the show. I think hes a very "real" down to earth kind a person and it shows. Jay Leno was alright, I'd watch him once in a while, but Fallon is in my home every night! Im totally on board with him putting a smile on my face before I go to bed!

• Way better than Jay

It was so easy to turn the tv away with Jay. With the opposite being I can't turn from jimmy because he is so entertaining. Even my wife who doesn't watch any shows loves him. You can tell the celebrities actually enjoy being on the show and you get to see their personality come through instead of lame rehearsed questions Jay would throw out.

• Funnier in every way

He just seems to have more nervous energy, as described above and I like his odd ball style of humor. I am 28 and was once a huge Jay Leno fan, but after about age 10 or 11 he just didn't seem funny to me anymore. Leno just got boring after the same types of jokes every show, (Stuck in a Rut)

• Yes, he will attract new viewers.

Jay Leno was a good host for the Tonight Show, but he was a little stuck in a niche. I think Jimmy Fallon makes a better host because he's a little outrageous. He's younger and not afraid to be himself. He has tons of nervous energy and reminds you of a little kid into everything. I think his writers could go on strike and he would be able to ad lib the show.

• I Prefer Him

I prefer Jimmy Fallon to Jay Leno on the Tonight Show. I have not been a fan of Jay Leno since the last time he gave up his show to Conan O'brien and then swooped in to take it back. I was a supporter of Conan, so that didn't set well with me. Fallon is pretty good, I think he'll make a good go of it.

• Fallon cured my insomnia

Leno is a comedic stand up genius. Saw him live and for 2 hours the crowd was in tears. Fallon stiffer than a 2 wk old corpse like all SNL people cant tell a joke without the aid of a teleprompter. Has anyone noticed he and Pee Wee Herman have never been photographed together?

• Jay Leno is Pro

Common we got to support talent and Jay is born talented. Jimmy is a nice guy but when it comes to the show Jay delivers ...You just cannot compare him to Jimmy. Jay doesn't have to try to be funnier . A very hard working guy and it shows up on screen. One more thing Jay has confidence

• Jimmy is good but Jay...Is Jay

Jimmy is a great host and a funny guy, but to be like Jay need years of shows and mainten his quality for years. Jay is not only a a funny guy is smart and make everyone think.
    Hop all the best to Jimmy, but i prefer Jay by far.

• Worst late night host

I've watched late night hosts from Steve Allen to Leno and I think Fallon is really bad. He starts out trying to convince the audience that they are lucky to be there. His skits are a continuation of Saturday Night Live. I used to watch the monologue and then turn him off because his guest interviews are more about him and his connection to famous people, but I don't even watch that now because they are too politically one sided. I guess I was spoiled by Carson.

• Nope nope nope

Jimmy Fallon is just that guy you really want to punch in the face for literally no reason at all. I cannot stand him or his terrible jokes. Or that silly fucking band that has to play derpy herp derp tunes to his shitty jokes. This whole show just makes me cringe. Jay Leno is god tier and Fallon is shit tier

• Fallon isn't funny , i stayed often up later and recorded Leno to share with my family, not once with Fallon.

Plain and simple - I used to stay often up later and recorded Leno to share with my family, but not once with Fallon! Same shit, different show with Fallon.

Leno had so many funny bits worth sharing, Fallon NONE!!

The NBC Execs fucked up BIG TIME (AGAIN) choosing Fallon over Leno. I don't stay up late any more to watch this diaster. Fallon's best show was the one where Leno did the Guest Monolouge.

• Fallon is not funny

Jay Leno could always make me laugh but Jimmy Fallon just feels awkward as a host. His humor seems childish and directionless, and he has no comic timing whatsoever. He mostly repeats whatever his guests say to get more laughs from the audience. Jay was real and was not afraid to say something funny even if it offended some people. He was a real comedian and could appeal to any age group.

• Jimmy talks over his guests

Jimmy cannot interview to save his life! He constantly brings the conversation back to himself, while the guests watch him talk. Seriously, take a stop watch, and clock how much time the guest gets to speak, and clock his time, he should be embarrassed. He's just all about himself !

• Fallon is as wooden as his set

Jay Leno was just epic in his comedic timing. Fallon comes across as robotic and forced. Maybe its just lack of experience hosting a show like this but overall Jay was much much better on almost every way that counts. I remember days when Jay Leno used to make me laugh so hard, I had tears rolling down my cheeks. Fallon doesn't even get a chuckle out of me.

• Jimmy Fallon isn't funny

Fallon is not really a talk show host, let alone The Tonight Show. He is a sketch comic, of medium range talent (as evidenced by his tenure on SNL, his peers on said show's testimony of him, etc.). He has effectively retooled the Tonight Show into a hackneyed Vaudeville act with celebrity cameos and pop culture sugar snacks. Playing beer pong in some ironic way with some famous person is attempting to pass as what Leno, and Carson delivered as a night cap for America for decades.