Is Jimmy Fallon a better Tonight Show host than Jay Leno?

• Yes jimmy is much better!

Flilping thru channels and Leno comes on, I Couldn't stand to watch or hell even listen to Leno. He's got a face only a mother could love! I always said Leno has a face for Radio that's for sure! Jimmy is funny and it comes natural to him, doesn't have to try so hard to make people laugh.

• Yes jimmy is much better!

• Yes jimmy is much better!

• Yes jimmy is much better!

• Adapts to the times

Jay Leno played the 1980's game, and recycled it over and again to the end. Played out!! Jimmy Fallon (and his team) understand the market and play to bits for viral promotions online, and maintain substance for duration on the full show. It's not even close....Fallon is better, and got to follow a stale act making him seem even better.

• Like them both

I liked Jay thought he was funny. But I always was more interested in conan when Jay hosted. Now I watch Jimmy and no one else. I think he offers more diversity to the tonight show. He sometimes talks over his guests, but I still prefer his energy and excitement over jay. It's a fun show

• Change can be good and in this case, it was time.

Fallon brings a much higher and broader level of entertainment to the Tonight Show. Leno was good, but aged out. He didn't update himself and like Letterman became dull and predictable. The ratings are topping all other late night shows. Not quite sure what some of the naysayers are talking about when they claim the ratings are poor. I think those comments must be sour grapes. Change can be good and in this case, it was time.

• Jimmy is better

And much more multi-talented. He's made the tonight show a big thing again. He has rejuvenated the show at a much needed time. By the way, I can't believe how all these people here are saying Fallon isn't funny. But Jimmy doesn't need these stupid haters, he already has enough fans to last him a lifetime.

• He is so much better

Jimmy Fallon is funny and he does bring a lot to the table. His games and his interactions with the guests makes the Tonight Show so much better. He is younger too (way younger) so he is able to connect with the younger crowd which Jay Leno is unable to.

• He is phenomenal

Jimmy comes in and kicks some hilarious butt. He always starts in with new, Hilarious and smart material. It is great for viewers of all ages. Jimmy touches base on all of the new social media buzz and sill covers the classic comedic style chatter. I personally believe he is the best late night American on the air.

• Jay, the better host

Fallon struggles on set, while Jay was a master of comic timing and confidence. Even if one of Jays jokes bombed, he always had a better come back line to make up for it...A true master!
    I went to many of Jay's stand-up live tours and he was amazingly funny every time, I feel Jay cared about each and every audience he performed in front of and it showed. Jimmy Fallon is a hyped up phoney who tries to ad-lib for laughs, but comes across highly unprepared.

• Fun, but not funny

Let's face it, Fallon is very likable. And fun. And creative. He engages his guests quite well. But is he funny? Does he have what it takes to keep viewers interested enough to keep watching? Or do they routinely channel surf after just a few minutes of watching? Jay Leno was likable, and funny. They both have great writers, but Jay just possessed the natural ability to deliver the humor in a rich and delightful way. Who knows, Jimmy may grow into it. Or....
    Only time will tell, if they don't replace him first.

• Jay Leno is a Pro, Fallon is an amateur

Jay Leno has a natural sense of how to bring an audience to laugh and know where the punchlines are, how to when to emphasise, what makes good materiel for comedy. His flair and his Italian blood brings his show alive with zest and incredible humour. His face is far more expressive than that of Fallon's. Fallon looks like a young schoolboy sent in to learn about comedy whereas Leno is the master of it. Monolgues and show material were so good under Leno, I cried of laughter. With Fallon, I have to force myself to laugh at his weakest jokes so I don't forget that I am watching comedy...

• Leno uglier but much more fun and less political

I watched both. Jimmy is sometimes like SNL, where as it almost seems like the comedy stops and that warm not so fuzzy feeling of almost embarrassment starts. Yes it has moments of really funny, but Leno was always funny, and had many moments of really funny. Leno had great comeback lines. Jimmy is sometimes stupid.

• Fallon cured my insomnia

Leno is a comedic stand up genius. Saw him live and for 2 hours the crowd was in tears. Fallon stiffer than a 2 wk old corpse like all SNL people cant tell a joke without the aid of a teleprompter. Has anyone noticed he and Pee Wee Herman have never been photographed together?

• Jay Leno is Pro

Common we got to support talent and Jay is born talented. Jimmy is a nice guy but when it comes to the show Jay delivers ...You just cannot compare him to Jimmy. Jay doesn't have to try to be funnier . A very hard working guy and it shows up on screen. One more thing Jay has confidence

• Jimmy is good but Jay...Is Jay

Jimmy is a great host and a funny guy, but to be like Jay need years of shows and mainten his quality for years. Jay is not only a a funny guy is smart and make everyone think.
    Hop all the best to Jimmy, but i prefer Jay by far.

• Worst late night host

I've watched late night hosts from Steve Allen to Leno and I think Fallon is really bad. He starts out trying to convince the audience that they are lucky to be there. His skits are a continuation of Saturday Night Live. I used to watch the monologue and then turn him off because his guest interviews are more about him and his connection to famous people, but I don't even watch that now because they are too politically one sided. I guess I was spoiled by Carson.

• Nope nope nope

Jimmy Fallon is just that guy you really want to punch in the face for literally no reason at all. I cannot stand him or his terrible jokes. Or that silly fucking band that has to play derpy herp derp tunes to his shitty jokes. This whole show just makes me cringe. Jay Leno is god tier and Fallon is shit tier

• Fallon isn't funny , i stayed often up later and recorded Leno to share with my family, not once with Fallon.

Plain and simple - I used to stay often up later and recorded Leno to share with my family, but not once with Fallon! Same shit, different show with Fallon.

Leno had so many funny bits worth sharing, Fallon NONE!!

The NBC Execs fucked up BIG TIME (AGAIN) choosing Fallon over Leno. I don't stay up late any more to watch this diaster. Fallon's best show was the one where Leno did the Guest Monolouge.