• Yes Yes Yes!!!!!!

Jump rope is very fun, and ten minutes of it burns as many calories as running six miles. Plus, it could easily be competitive, we just need teams to compete to see whos better. Overall, jump rope is totally a sport, and an absolutely excellent one, at that.
    Thanks for reading

• Jump Rope is A Sport!

Jump rope gets your whole heart moving, it also is an extremely fun sport that almost anyone can do. If you can jump up and down, you can jump rope. It is also a sport that works every muscle in your body. Even if you jump for three minutes it is equivalent to when you run a mile. Jump rope is a sport where you can form routines, be creative and have lots of fun doing it!

• Duh its a sport

Literally on you tube just search up usa jump rope and you'll see amazing jump ropers. Jump rope is not when you imagine on the playground, it's much much much more than that. It's a year round sport and competitive jumpers practice all year for nationals and worlds that take place in portugal, alaska, etc. We need to respect jump rope and realize it's a sport.

• I competed in the sport.

At competition they do more then just jump they do a lot of tumbling in routines. Jump roping is the best thing to do to loose weight. You have to be able to jump for 3min with no breaks. So if you think its not a sport try doing 3 min speed with a wire rope, if it hits you it hurts very badly and say its not a sport then.

• Yep it is

Any sport is it all i known skipping a my favorite sport in the it all the with there home it is skip the ere here the world Sagittarius the in the world team the boy say to me kind of the world tallest the tree in them in side

• It makes your heart beat fast.

Any sport that makes your heart beat fast is a sport. This is because it improves your cardio fitness and tones your muscles. These are the things a sport should do. I love skipping and it is a team sport. I am making my class skip now and all term!

• Jump rope requires no skill?

People say it requires no skill and "anyone" can do it. Sure, anyone can literally jump over a rope. But there is much more than that to real jump rope. If you think that 5-year-olds have maxed out what someone can do with a jump rope you are 100% wrong. You have never seen professional jumpers (yes, they exist!) do their thing.

• Because i play it and i know that it is

Because it is, what further explanation is needed, its just that simple, if you really want an explanation, here it is. Rope skipping tires you out and takes the energy out of you, therefore it is a sport, not to mention that rope skipping makes you sweat like hell, then you get red checks and your skin burn to hell. There you go, is that enough explanation for ya? If its not enough, then go search for more information on the internet or go ask your pe teacher, in case if you dont have school any more, then just go ask your child or any random child to go to school and help you ask. Its that easy, try it out, youll never regret this decision, go now NOW

• It requires talent, training, and has objective scoring.

Go look at videos on jumpropevideos.Com and you will see that it is indeed a sport on par with any olympic event. There are multiple events and disciplines. Some events are similar to gymnastic floor exercises (The freestyle events) and some are similar to track and field events (The speed events). It requires extensive training. There are multiple competitions held around the world. It is recognized as a sport in several multi-sport organizations. There are even several competitive college teams now.

• Yess definitely a sport

For those that say its not a sport, or just an activity, you are wrong. Jumping rope on the playground in elementary isn't a sport, but there is a whole works of competitive jump rope. Just look up USA jump rope and you can find videos from the national competitions. I recently got to travel from where I live in USA to braga Portugal for the world jump rope competition. I think that and phisical activity that has world competitions should definitely be considered a sport

• I have seen several of these questions

Sports have objective goals and scoring. There is no reason to feel any activity is "less than" because it is not called a sport, it is just something else, not a sport.

If you like jump rope, you can come up with a list of reasons why its hard, good physically, or any number of positive attributes. I can think of sports that are less desirable to me than jump rope. I hate football, think I would prefer to jump rope. My preference doesn't make it a sport, doesn't make it more or less than football. Just different.

Adding this, as I know nothing about jump rope as you might engage in it. If say, you were timed, and the number of times you jumped the rope over that time were matched with others, that would make it a sport.

Posted by: TBR
  • No no no

Jump rope should not be considered a sport because a sport should have some kind goal or score. In hockey team with most goals wins.Score
    Swimming, person with least time wins. Goal.
    Jump rope does not have any goal or score so it shouldn't be considered a sport.
    It is just a past time and and something to keep kids occupied.

• Jump rope isn't a sport

Jump rope gets your heart moving. Sure it does. So does eating and walking. There are many more healthier sports that actually get your whole body moving instead of your heart. As for it being a sport... No it's not because a sport has an objective and a purpose... Jump people is just a time passer

• All you do is jump

Its easy and it has no end goal. Anyone can do it and it requires no talent. 5 year old can do it this debate is stupid anyone that thinks that jump rope is a sport is stupid, No talent is needed to jump up and down like a happy kid.

• No no no its not a sport

Because it don't have a goal or a score. It don't have an objective and a purpose... Jump people is just a passer. Its not competing it just jumping up and down a few time. Baseball is a sport because it has a team and competing. People jump rope is no a sport okay.