• Yes Yes Yes!!!!!!

Jump rope is very fun, and ten minutes of it burns as many calories as running six miles. Plus, it could easily be competitive, we just need teams to compete to see whos better. Overall, jump rope is totally a sport, and an absolutely excellent one, at that.
    Thanks for reading

• Jump Rope is A Sport!

Jump rope gets your whole heart moving, it also is an extremely fun sport that almost anyone can do. If you can jump up and down, you can jump rope. It is also a sport that works every muscle in your body. Even if you jump for three minutes it is equivalent to when you run a mile. Jump rope is a sport where you can form routines, be creative and have lots of fun doing it!

• Jump rope requires no skill?

People say it requires no skill and "anyone" can do it. Sure, anyone can literally jump over a rope. But there is much more than that to real jump rope. If you think that 5-year-olds have maxed out what someone can do with a jump rope you are 100% wrong. You have never seen professional jumpers (yes, they exist!) do their thing.

• Because i play it and i know that it is

Because it is, what further explanation is needed, its just that simple, if you really want an explanation, here it is. Rope skipping tires you out and takes the energy out of you, therefore it is a sport, not to mention that rope skipping makes you sweat like hell, then you get red checks and your skin burn to hell. There you go, is that enough explanation for ya? If its not enough, then go search for more information on the internet or go ask your pe teacher, in case if you dont have school any more, then just go ask your child or any random child to go to school and help you ask. Its that easy, try it out, youll never regret this decision, go now NOW

• It requires talent, training, and has objective scoring.

Go look at videos on jumpropevideos.Com and you will see that it is indeed a sport on par with any olympic event. There are multiple events and disciplines. Some events are similar to gymnastic floor exercises (The freestyle events) and some are similar to track and field events (The speed events). It requires extensive training. There are multiple competitions held around the world. It is recognized as a sport in several multi-sport organizations. There are even several competitive college teams now.

• Yess definitely a sport

For those that say its not a sport, or just an activity, you are wrong. Jumping rope on the playground in elementary isn't a sport, but there is a whole works of competitive jump rope. Just look up USA jump rope and you can find videos from the national competitions. I recently got to travel from where I live in USA to braga Portugal for the world jump rope competition. I think that and phisical activity that has world competitions should definitely be considered a sport

• Yes it is I compete in it

A sport is "an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment." This is what jump rope is entirely. We do it for entertainment, we compete in it, and a lot of hard work is put into this sport.

• Jump is a sport

Many people have said that jump rope doesn't have a goal or anyway to score it. However, when competing in competitions, judges score you on your routine and the group or person with the highest score wins. So there is a way to win in competitions. Jump rope also fits the requirements of the dictionary definition of a sport, it's even in the junior Olympics. I definitely believe that jump rope is a sport.

• Jumprope isn't just jumping around.

There are many competitions, national and international, where jump ropers compete in events such as speed jumping and doing tricks. Jump ropers also perform synchronized routines with cool techniques and amazing skill. Jump rope is not widely recognized as a sport, but it is competitive, challenging, and very, very exhausting. Most of the people saying that it is not a sport are not educated on this topic, cannot understand that sentence fragments sound stupid and unprofessional. As well as this, they argue that other sports, such as soccer and baseball, are sports because two teams are competing, but jumprope is competitive too. As I said, there are huge competitions all over the world, and can be an individual or team sport. Martial arts, such as judo and taekwondo, are similar, as they are judged individually or as a team. The difference is simply that in jumprope, you do not score points on someone, but by being skilled. Sports like gymnastics also are individual, and they are included in the Olympics. Jumproping take a lot of dedication, effort, and skill to be successful. It is not any different than other individual/team sports, and should be recognized as an official sport. If you're interested, here's a cool video of a great jump roper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J077NL55p5c

• Of course it is

Jumprope is challenging, fun, and very competitive. Do I need to explain more? Just watch YouTube videos! Search up ¨jumprope championship.¨ If you want to see someone really good, I recommend Nick Woodard. He´s a world champion. Please, just understand that jumprope is a REAL sport! It truly is competitive and you get ranked based on score.

• I have seen several of these questions

Sports have objective goals and scoring. There is no reason to feel any activity is "less than" because it is not called a sport, it is just something else, not a sport.

If you like jump rope, you can come up with a list of reasons why its hard, good physically, or any number of positive attributes. I can think of sports that are less desirable to me than jump rope. I hate football, think I would prefer to jump rope. My preference doesn't make it a sport, doesn't make it more or less than football. Just different.

Adding this, as I know nothing about jump rope as you might engage in it. If say, you were timed, and the number of times you jumped the rope over that time were matched with others, that would make it a sport.

Posted by: TBR
  • No no no

Jump rope should not be considered a sport because a sport should have some kind goal or score. In hockey team with most goals wins.Score
    Swimming, person with least time wins. Goal.
    Jump rope does not have any goal or score so it shouldn't be considered a sport.
    It is just a past time and and something to keep kids occupied.

• Jump rope isn't a sport

Jump rope gets your heart moving. Sure it does. So does eating and walking. There are many more healthier sports that actually get your whole body moving instead of your heart. As for it being a sport... No it's not because a sport has an objective and a purpose... Jump people is just a time passer

• All you do is jump

Its easy and it has no end goal. Anyone can do it and it requires no talent. 5 year old can do it this debate is stupid anyone that thinks that jump rope is a sport is stupid, No talent is needed to jump up and down like a happy kid.

• No no no its not a sport

Because it don't have a goal or a score. It don't have an objective and a purpose... Jump people is just a passer. Its not competing it just jumping up and down a few time. Baseball is a sport because it has a team and competing. People jump rope is no a sport okay.