• Not always, but sometimes.

The US justice system does not do enough to help rehabilitate criminals. "Corrections" is a bit of a misnomer with the current recidivism rates. However, it is not innately vengeful to carry out justice. After all, should killers be returned to the streets to claim more lives? I think not.

• Americas justice system and what people. call justice goes beyond correction and allows suffering for ones lust of revenge

Justice to me is not completly just. Capitol punishment can be considered justice. Which leads me to think that our veiwnof justice maynbe a distorted veiw from what it really is. I thinkbwhat we call justice goes beyond punishment and rules in a eye for an eye way which I don't believe is justice. Revenge is something I don't agree with and revenge is not used in a logical way to correct ones behavior. I truely do believe uustice mau be a manisfestaion of revenge.

• Only the scales are different.

The under lying phylosophy is just the same, one is done to satisfy the individual or a particular group. The other one is simply for the crowd as a whole. True justice might be something both the criminal and victim gains from the crime -- Something like a bishop and the candlesticks thing.

• There is a market for needless revenge, and it is supplied by the justice system.

Our entire government can be explained by the fact that the free market is inescapable. Often we want to blame corruption on our leaders, but corruption is the natural result of a sufficient demand for corruption. The free market, being inescapable, supplies this corruption, in the form of a bloated prison system that works for no-one but the bloodthirsty. The majority of people go unbothered by this predatory niche product, but those unlucky few that do, are receiving neither rehabilitation, nor compassion. There is also a big market for lies, such as the one that chasing and trapping people keeps the peace. It is simply needless revenge, and much more satisfying to people (and more lazy) than instituting actual defense and safety measures.

• In part yes.

Justice is in a logical sense, an amoral concept. As a civilized society however, we can look past that and decide what sort of laws are required for our society to both function and as well maintain our cultural norms and morals.

I would simply put justice down as this.

Justice is revenge for the victim, rehabilitation for society and punishment for the criminal.

• No, justice is the idea of fairness, not necessarily revenge.

Justice is the idea of fairness and responsibility; i.E., forcing those who do wrong to take responsibility for their actions if they refuse to. It's a deterrent to those who might commit crimes. And a way for people to feel safe. I would think of revenge as being on a personal level, and justice a much broader idea; whereas revenge against someone isn't necessarily justice, it's based more on emotion. Justice is how society as a whole feels about the actions. You can have justice without needing or wanting revenge.

• Cuz i sed so

Yeah that a real smart argue i mean i sed so and that make a lot of senses and i just agree a lot with that ok and i put in my word and did my best and thats all that matters honestly im just so great though two one

• Only the scales are different.

• Justice and Revenge

Justice:the maintenance or administration of what is just especially by the impartial adjustment of conflicting claims or the assignment of merited rewards or punishments

Revenge:to avenge (as oneself) usually by retaliating in kind or degree
    (both from Merriam Webster)

Revenge is when a person is expressing wrath towards another person. When they take it upon themselves to "punish" the person. Revenge is also not always fair or up to par with the whole punishment fitting the crime. Also it is blinded judgement. Mostly masked with rage or sorrow. When justice is a moral based system that is meant to keep order and enforce rules. As well as not necessarily being to punish but also to be rewarded. It is what every person deserves. Would it not be just to pay someone for doing their job? Is it just to put somebody in prison for hurting people? It could be either way. Justice is what is just. What is moral and right.