• Yes, Knowledge can save your life

My cousin lost her life to cancer because of her limited knowledge & ‘not knowing’ about her illness and the options that she had to fight with it to save her life.
    But, in the realm of ‘mindfulness’ & 'not knowing' versus ‘knowing’, I admire letting go of what we know (which is very hard) and allowing ‘not-knowing’ in order to give the opportunity to new thoughts, ideas, innovations, and looking at things differently. For example I’m looking at my son’s addiction problems differently lately because of letting go of what I know.
    I guess Mindfulness as knowing & mindfulness as not-knowing complement each other and bring wholeness to our life.

• Knowledge is generally power.

Although it is sometimes better not to know than to know, in general, knowledge is power. By acquiring knowledge people equip their brains to make informed decisions about difficult and complicated questions. Informed decisions are the direct result of rational thinking, which encourages the development of logic and reason, which makes people excel at solving problems effectively.

• Yes, ignorance is NOT bliss

Yes, knowing is almost always better than not knowing. If you are to live in ignorance then you give up the opportunity to determine your own fate. With knowledge comes power and the ability to control your destiny. For example, if someone wanted to remain ignorant about whether or not they have some deadly disease they give up the opportunity of potentially curing themselves if they are diseased.

• Knowing less is better.

When you know less, you worry less. Why would people want to worry? That stresses people out! Everyone should be happy and if no one is happy then how is the world suppose to grow and become more intelligent? It's that simple. People don't need to know everything. More intelligent people aren't as happy as the less intelligent.