• Yes, it is.

Females are people too, no matter their upper body strength. Now, I would still let a lady go first, just because it is the nice thing to do and I respect females. I'm just saying that people should not be all about women going first. I go through it all the time, being young. People put me before them. It drives me crazy, because I am not weak and I am not incapable of waiting 30 more seconds.

• It is just going to far!

If you are looking around in the public system, you will continuously hear lady's go before males. It sometimes goes as far as to segregate males from females in side of the buses. Most people would say that this is coudius and respectfull, and it is if it is not tooken too far. Otherwise it gives males the Idea that womwn needs to be handeled dirfrently that males. This is partily why stuff like the pay gap exists. Another thing is that the mainareas where this is happening is when children are having developing mindes. Also I have proff from a creditabl website that ladies fist is sexist.
    According to Good men progect.Com, "“Ladies First” implies that women are entitled to “better” treatment simply because of they’re women? No different than implying that men are entitled to “better” treatment because of their genitals. Or white people because of their skin color." This shows that doing the women first thing, and segregating the busses are no dirffrent than segregating the busses from the white and the black.
    You might be telling yourself, well this must be only in a private school right. Acculy it has been happening public schools too. This is partilly why I am typing this letter. Today I had to ride in a bus with a bus driver who thoght that male was inferior to females and I had to be segregated from the female side of the gender. Also I will not be relising the names of the school or the bus driver to protect there identity. But if you are one of those people that say women before male, just remember that you are contributing towards the sexisum that is contributing towards women being looked down upon.
    So you might be asking yourself, what can we do instead of the women first policy. The thing that you can do is you can be kind and considerate to erey one. Instead of only hold the door to women, you can hold the door to both genders equaly. That way, you can not be sexist. Because sexis really means treating one gender whether it is male or female with more kindness while puting the other gender down. So I dare you to hold the door to both male and female in order to stop problomes like the pay gap more effectivly.

• Yes it's very sexist!!!!

Just because women are weaker than men does not mean they should always be going first. Men shouldn't always be going last because of how they were born. Everyone was born equal. And if I were you I would just go with the flow instead of letting some lady
    go first just because she is right behind me. And FYI, I think strength has nothing to do with whether you should be going first or last all the time.

• It's downgrading to men

The standard of "ladies first" has been around for pretty much forever. It's teaching little kids that women are above them, and that the boys don't deserve a chance at being first or even important. It lowers boys and men's self esteem by telling them that they have to go last because the person in front of them is a female.

• Yes it is

No one should be made to go first. Multiple people, adults, teachers, and random people waiting at a door with me always just wait like their expecting me to open the door for them. Or like on the titanic the woman got to go first. It should be first come first serve and don't expect me to open the door for you just because your body was made slightly diffrent than mine. It makes no sense so just open the door for yourself like all of us men have to do. Not one day has any woman open the door for me with out something like "my hands being full" also just because I'm a boy it doesn't mean I'm super strong and am going to hold your box for u.

• Yes😡 It is

The saying "ladies first" is implying that people need to extra kind to women (because they are weak, inferior, etc.) and this is being sexist. And for the argument "it is courtesy and respect" no it is not!! I bet you most people do not think twice about saying this and that is most likely where sexism is found. In the obvious places. Now, if everyone holds the door for each other, it would not be sexism becaue it is just common kindness.
    Haven't you ever heard an older man saying "oh ladies first, ladies first" and winking at you?? He most likely thinks women are weaker (not necessarily impatient), maybe becaue he is from another generation.

• Yes it is sexist

Everyone one is rendered equal. It does not matter if you are a male or female. There should be no "ladies first" or "gentlemen first". People are people; we are of the same species, and females should not "go first" and the same goes for males. Gender should not be a reason to do things like open a door for someone.

• It's extremely sexist!!!

If ladies often go first, then everyone should often go first to. If men always went first, it will be fair for men but not women. If women went first, it will be fair for women but not men. But if everyone got to go first, it will be a perfectly complete and fair balance in gender. It's just like white people and black people being able to use the same water fountain.

• Inhuman unconstitutional, against the Bible

The constitution of the USA never says women are better than men or vise versa. So why are we putting a sex over the other? Are we not all equal people? Why put an Asian over an Afticsn American? It's the same as putting a man over a woman!! You can't start changing this world into a sexist world again, do not repeat history.

• Yes it's sexist

Just because you have a vagina doesn't mean that you get to be first. This is an example of when women like chivalry and when we open doors for them and pull out their chair. But women hate chivalry when there's the gender pay gap, which doesn't even exist because I'd it was real, then there would be more female doctors because they'd get paid less

• It is an action of respecting women

Lady first is an old rule.All the special features of an adult male's personality, developed from boyhood--his muscles, will power, stamina, competitive drive, aggressiveness and assertiveness, mathematical and abstractive powers of mind, love for strategic planning and manipulating physical reality, strong sense of fairness and ethical conduct--all coordinate toward a single great purpose in life: protection.
    Nature, it seems, endows men with the physical and mental powers they need to protect their loved ones. The instinct to protect from harm lies at the core of a man's masculinity, and it is an immensely powerful force.

• There is a different between being chivalrous and being sexist.

Sexism is the deliberate condescension toward the opposite sex based on a the belief that its members are inferior. Chivalry is the demonstration of an appreciation for someone through kind acts. The motivation behind it is politeness, not condescension. It is, therefore, not sexist to offer a lady the option of going first. It's good manners.

• Not under 99% of circumstances

Holding the door for a women is not an act of dominance, it is an act of kindness. Is it right to hold the door for just a woman and then let it slam in the face of the man right behind you? No. But the vast majority of men do it because it's nice. Those who do it because they see females as weak and inferior are few, and it's unfortunate that in today's society it is those few who make a name for the polite men who are just trying to add a little more kindness into the world.

• No way it is polite.

Many or some men open the door for women so they can enter a room first. It came about when men thought the lady should enter first so all the men see that she is with him. It is not sexist it is a form of being polite I love when men open the door for me. I like to think it means they are a gentleman.

• "Ladies first" is not sexist.

You can't care that much about the age-old rule "ladies first." It's become a part of modern society. It shows signs of a true gentleman. I don't know about you, but I'm flattered when someone at my age remembers to hold the door open. I'm usually the one holding the door open at my middle school.

• It's called being gentleman

Why should a male be punished by a female, or anyone for that matter, simply for displaying good old traditional manors. It's due to women being over 'anti-sexist' that has destroyed chivalry in our society. Men and women should both of course be equal to each other, however a man should certainly not be even considered sexist merely because he opened a door for a women and muttered the classic 20th century phrase 'ladies first'.

• Of course not

It is understandable that people may consider the concept of chivalry to be biased towards the female gender, but that bias is there for a reason. Women, as a general rule, are physically weaker than men. Men who use their strength to their advantage against women are generally considered rude, immoral, and generally impolite.

"Ladies first" is essentially just another way of saying that men should take care of and protect women. As a species, females are the ones who continue the generation and keep the species alive; although males are required for reproduction as well (for most species), they do not carry the child and therefore it is their responsibility to protect the females to ensure the stability of future generations.

Finally, I would like to state that any man who ever wants to get into a relationship has to consider these factors. More often than not, it is men who chase the women, and the women who picks the men. Although this can sometimes be seen as self-serving, a man must submit to a woman's will to be able to gain her friendship, trust, and ultimately love.

• It's courtesy and respect

The offer of 'ladies first' makes something of a man into a Gentleman, in the same way as other forms of politeness and etiquette makes a woman a 'Lady'. It can be interpreted as sexist because women may feel that they don't need special treatment as their not handicapped or inferior, and it can be interpreted as sexist to a man as it may appear as the woman gets special treatment by going first. However, that is not the principle of it. It's just common decency and respect.

• Of course not

It's a sign of respect for women. Only woman who hate men and themselves would think that it is sexist. In spite of what the media says, the majority of women enjoy when a man has the manners and respect to hold the door for a woman, or when a man lets a lady go first. I do it all the time. When I was young, I would always give my seat on the bus to a ladies, and they ALWAYS smiled, thanked me, and said that I was a very thoughtful and polite young man. It's a shame that a few feminists get all the media attention and ruin it for the majority of women who enjoy being treated with respect.

abyteofbrain says2013-12-20T03:59:43.297
Not when used in context, but it is frequently used out of context.