Is Larry Bird the greatest clutch player ever to play in the history of the NBA?

• Cocky but great

He could talk the walk and walk the talk. Never mind his lights out shooting. I've never seen a player who could touch pass the ball on a moments notice to where he knew another player was going to be, not where they are. Hands down best passer I've ever seen.

• Cocky but great

• Larry the greatest

I've been watching nba since 1975 larry bird was the greatest when the game was on the line go look at u tube and see for yourself. I've seen kobe throw up bricks and not even hit the net but he gets all this praise about bein great what a joke.

• Larry the greatest

• Larry legend Bird

Pat Riley once said, if I want to win games, I will choose MJ to shoot the ball, but if my life is on the line, I will choose Bird to shoot the ball. Jordan once said, aside from him, he wll choose Bird to take the last shot. Larry Bird all the way

• I'd say Russell

When Russell was way past his prime he took a team and won his 11th title against Wilt, West and Baylor (all a lot closer to their primes than Russell). He had good teammates, but Boston were the heavy heavy underdogs in that series. He did whatever it took to win and almost always (12 of 13 years in the pros [I can't count the injured year against him]) ended up doing enough. Even if his clutch play was an outlet pass or a big rebound or a block and not always the shot.

• You could not stop larry bird

When the game was on the line everyone knew who it was going to and when it was in his hands there was nobody that could stop him from taking and making that shot not even Michael Jordan (the GOAT) and Pippen at the same time! Could keep him from winning the game

• You could not stop larry bird

• You could not stop larry bird

• Hes hit 33 game winners not counting those that wasn't caught on video

Although it's arguable what is and what isn't a game winner but one things for certain. Larry bird was CLUTCH. He hit a game winner with Scottie pippen AND Michael Jordan guarding him he hit 5 game winners in one season and 2 in one game, he's a flat out freak, its plain and simple Larry bird=clutch

• Where's the footage?

The tape don't lie. You don't see many last second shots by Bird because, Well, There weren't many! In fact, Look up how many times the Celtics got bounced in the playoffs because Bird laid a huge egg shooting the basketball. Bird also had a tremendous amount of HALL OF FAME help to win those 3 titles. In my opinion, I think Bird UNDERACHIEVED considering the supporting cast he had. Which would actually make him the OPPOSTITE of clutch.

• I'd say Russell

• Larry Bird is NOT the Greatest Clutch Player of All Time

Michael Jordan made 6 of 7 game winning/tying shots during the Bulls' 6 title runs, including 5 flat out game winners in a row & finished his playoff career, 9 of 18 on game winners. Larry Bird hasn't even made a game winner in the finals. He has missed though. He's also missed a lot of clutch shots, during the final minute of the playoffs.

• No Michael Jordan has to be

Larry Bird was very clutch in his time, but he does not compare to Michael Jordan. There were so many game winning shots from Jordan during the Bulls championship runs that he has to be considered the most clutch player ever. As a Knicks fan this is especially painful for me to admit.

• Larry is not the most clutch player of all time

Michael Jordan hit game winners to win the Finals with not even a full second left. He hit game winners at 40. Larry who? I remember MJ crossing up his Jazz defender and sinking a game winner to win his sixth final, then doing what would later be called his Tiger Woods fist pump. I remember MJ destroying Craig Ehlo's reputation with his shot at the foul line. I cant say I remember one memorable Larry Bird game winner, especially in the finals, so I'm sorry to you Celtics fans but Larry is not even close.

Larry Bird is a much beloved figure for many college and pro basketball fans. To say he is the greatest "clutch player" is an exaggeration, however. A lot of people remember the 1980s series between the Lakers and the Celtics. This was a memorable series because it pitted two of the most popular and historic teams in the NBA. Both teams had large followings spread out around the country due to their status as premier teams of the previous decade, with stars like Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell leading the way. I think that people are all to eager to assign intangible qualities like "clutch" and "grittiness" to white players, while attributing black players success to "natural ability" or "athleticism." This is an example of subtle yet prominent institutional racism. Larry Bird was an outstanding basketball player, who had natural ability which was honed by practice and work ethic. He also had an outstanding supporting cast around him. He may have got lucky a few times as well. Clutch is an oversimplification.