Is learning in the 21st century creating a challenge for educational institutions?

• Educrats are not programmed to deal with change.

Education is basically a bureaucracy, and if there's one thing bureaucracies rarely cope well with, it's change. The amount of cultural and technological changes that happen in society, and the speed at which they are now happening, are very challenging for educational institutions, because they cannot effectively cope with change.

• Cell phones are the issue

I am knocking young people for using the cell phones they are paid for; however, I do think they are becoming an issue within the school system. I have been in school for years now and I can't help but notice how often I see the students with them out during class.

• They are becoming more flexible.

No, learning in the 21st century is not creating a challenge for educational institutions, because the institutions are adapting to new needs. Anymore, students do not come to universities in order to find information. There is information on the internet. Rather, students go to universities to learn how to think. The universities are adapting to meet this demand.

• Learning in the 21st century is creating a challenge for educational institutions.

Learning in the 21st century will present a challenge for educational institutions. It is not clear how teachers should use novel technologies in the classroom in order to best aid the learning process. Also, the new global world presents questions about what should remain on the standard curriculum and what should be changed.

• 21st Century Learning No Different

Learning in the 21st century is relatively the same as it has been for hundreds of years. More and more technology is available in the classroom, but students still just learn materials through the same techniques. This isn't creating any sort of challenge for educational institutions because they're used to teaching students.