Is leaving your cell phone at home rather than taking it in the car one of the more important consumer safety tips?

• Yes, leaving your cell phone at home is better.

I think that leaving your cell phone at home rather than taking it in the car is one of the more important consumer safety tips. I think that it is a good way to prevent having your car broken into just in case somebody sees your expensive cell phone inside.

• I do not think so

We can include cell phone signal jammer in car. Jammer will jam the signal in car and if someone have to make call he/she will have to leave the car. There can be a switch also to On or OFF the cell phone signal jammer, this can be optional.

Http://cellphoneboosterstore.Com/

• Why have one?

No, leaving your cell phone at home rather than taking it in the car is not one of the more important consumer safety tips, because if you're not going to take it with you, you might as well just not have a cell phone, and just use a cordless phone at home. The whole point of a cell phone is the safety of having it when you are out.

• Leaving a mobile phone at home defeats the purpose of having one.

Secondly, having a mobile phone (ooops, I mean 'cell phone', I forgot you're Americans) doesn't mean that you have to answer it while you're driving, besides people who do it won't stop because of a 'safety tip'. In the UK it's even illegal to use a phone while driving, but people still do it.

Thirdly, say you were in a hypothetical emergency e.g. a car crash. You need medical care? Well tough, the nearest town is twenty miles away and you didn't bring you cell phone with you for 'safety reasons' so you can't call 911 (don't worry, I'm sure someone will dive by...Eventually, right?).

• Having a cellphone dosen't mean you need to use it.

If you hear your cell phone ring, you can just let it ring. Even if it turns out to be an emergency call, you're better off no taking the risk of getting distracted while driving. And I have heard and seen people drive perfectly fine while on their cell phones but I still feel that way.

• Leaving a cell phone at home defeats the purpose. Take it with you.

Suggesting that the cell phone be left at home is an impractical answer to the problem. Owning a cell phone is particularly for the mobility. It would be better to pay a small fee for a landline phone if you will just leave the cell phone at home. Bring the phone with you. Just don't bother with it while you are driving, or be well versed in operating it with a hands free device.