Is life for teenagers nowadays easier than before?

• Much easier for teens nowadays

It's so much easier teens don't have to help the parents doing manual labor just to help feed their family. Also, we have cars, heaters, clean water available with the push of a button. It is much easier for teens now than for teens in the past. The essentials are available.

• Much easier for teens nowadays

• Social media doesn't help

I used to like using social media but I felt a huge amount of pressure on it. Plus I heard an article that instagram was the worst social media platform snapchat and Facebook close behind. So I honestly cba using any type of social media anymore, except for youtube 😂

• Why life is harder for teens now?

Grown ups that were born in 1950’s or 1960’s say life for them was difficult, specially their teen life experiences, and they believe life for teens now have life much easier with technology, and that they have more opportunity now then there was back then. But is this true? Many say life for teens have actually has gotten harder than it was back then.

Technology can be a great help in school life and make Hw as easy as possible for the student, but with that comes social media. Social media has grown very much from what it use to be from this it has caused on teens to suffer from cyber-bullying, self-esteem issues, mental health issues, and much more. Peer pressure has been in the game of making teen life hard since a very long time ago but now it has a much more risk in being in the teen life of being pressured from peers to do drugs, have intercourse, act in ways that are not the teens true self, etc.

• Children years ago had it worse

Nowadays children go to school come home and go asleep or play on their computer games where as years ago children had to go to work and provide for their families and hardly had an education,spoken from an actual child who goes to school we do have it too easy.

• Lol wuts rong tis al fne

Yaaall here are lazy af thos ho say no. My dad got beatin when he gat less than 80% in his exams is that ez. Kys yall here r lazy. I work n its all fine. Ez game ez life.

Lol don't take this serious people just kidding. But my dad bit was true

• Kill me now

Kill me
    hi
    hi
    hi
    hi
    hi
    h
    ih
    ihi
    i\hi
    hi

hi
    ih
    ih
    hi
    ih
    hi
    hi
    h
    ihi
    hi
    hi
    hihihihi
    hi
    hi
    hi
    hi
    ih
    hi
    ih
    ih
    i
    i
    i
    i
    i

ii
    i
    i
    i
    ii
    i
    i
    iii
    i
    i
    i
    i
    i
    i

• We are lucky..

We are having more facilities than the people of the early ages.We have no tensions as all of our needs are fulfilled their selves and we don't even know about them.We are sitting under A/C but the people of early ages did not even had a fan.As in all aspects we are better than people of early ages

• Now days easier

Back when I was in school we had stricter lessons and when we got out of school it was work or college well I didn't have the money so I went to work 12 hour days laying concrete in the blazing sun. Then in winter 8 months out of the year shoveling in the -20 degree weather. Now days u teenagers have all this technology to do shit and u probably use ur cell phones in the class rooms. We didn't have cell phones when I was in school. Also we listen to our parents and didn't back talk them so yea u have it easier

• Now days easier

• Tennagers lives are 100% not easy

Now these days we have social media. Which to us is an important part of our lives now. But there is downsides in the fact that we are exposed to things that our parents back then weren't exposed to, such as people being able to bully us without being caught. Also with all the pictures of models and things on social media where when you look at them it makes you feel like you aren't pretty enough. Then there is school, where I am pretty sure back then they didn't have to do as much as what we have to do now. We have to go through things like studying almost 24/7 we have to keep up a popularity status (if you're someone who cares about that). Also we get expected a lot from our teachers and parents, because needing to get into college is very important, which raises the stakes for how well we need to do in school. Then in my opinion as a girl I feel like I am not pretty enough to have any guy like me. But I think is like that because at least every guy in my school goes for the most attractive girls and once again I think that the reason for this is social media, because of it guys are surrounded with things that they end up raising their stakes on what they think is pretty and what isn't. Next, we also have to put up with our parents saying that they understand what we are going through and that they were a teenager once before too. But have they ever lived in a time where we are expected to go out get a job, be able to get good grades in school. Score high on state test so that we can get into college, because I am 100% positive that a lot of jobs that now require a degree didn't back then. Also to be able to keep up with social media and keep our pages or accounts up to date. And at least as a girl trying to impress the guy that you like who you know would never ask us out because we don't think we are good or pretty enough (at least in my mind that is what I think). If you counter in all the preasure we go through, and every other thing going on in our lives, I think that being a teenager is the most stressful thing that a person living in this time period can go through, our lives aren't as easy as what people think.

• I disagree. Teenagers have a hard life

Teenagers have to put up with the stress of coping for exams etc. also they have pressure added on by their parents and teachers wanting them to do well, working with that pressure is not easy. In addition to this we have to deal with: bullying, social media, friendships/relationships etc.

• Life is even harder than before.

Entering 21st century, people enjoy more prosperity and social progress than before. However, is life today really easier and more comfortable than it was when our grandparents were children? I really don't think so.

First and foremost, we are under even more pressure than our grandparents generation. Around 1950s to 1960s, my grandparents were over 20 years old. There was no university entrance exam. So everyone didn't need to study as hard as nowday students. After school, people also didn't need to hunt for a job so competively. As most fatories belonged to the government, and most children just took the place of their parents.

Additional, life was much easier when my grandparents were children. There was no TV at that time. Children's extracurricular activities were more colorful than nowadays. As people were more close to nature. So no matter where you were living, you could get access to nature in a few miniutes' walking. Any twig could change into a slingshot. But today in order to do some natural activity, you have to drive long way.

Last but not least, the environment was far more beautiful in 1950s than now. I heard and also watched some movies about that time. People can lie down on the beautiful green grasses or pick up apple from the tree without washing. Nowadays, plants were put on more chemical stuff. Food will never be able to be eaten directly.

There are much more worth to date back to my grandparents' childhood. Today we also enjoy more developement from technology. But in general, my opinion is that life today is not easy.

• Teens are having a harder time now

Well people might think that having technology will make live easier for the teenagers right now but damn its so wrong. Teenagers nowadays get lazier because we have Google. We can Google for answers for our homework! Sounds good? Not really. Although Google gives lots of answer but many different kinds of answers. And which one is more reliable those written on the book. How so? If you got your answer wrong you can sue the author???:)))))))))))) lol. NO you won't but it is definitely more reliable then those on the Internet especially web pages like wikipedia. Anyone could change and put fake information inside. Further more googling for answers won't help the kids to learn and they might be learning the wrong things.

Nowadays cyber bullying is getting worse. Look at the past the cases of cyber bullying were way lesser. But now with the help of technology people could say mean things to someone anonymously web pages like sayat. Think about how you would feel if you receive hates when you might have actually done nothing wrong but even if you did I believe that this is not the way how humans should treat one another.

• Children years ago had it worse

• I think they are pretty much the same

Nowadays we face social media and competitive schooling.Several teenagers have financial,social and family issues just like in the past. In the past they had to work,now we have the stress of exams. In the past teenages would have been bukllied but social media means that the bully is alwaysthere on their phon.Things have changed which make life harder as well as easier

• All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

We are loaded down with just way too much homework and sometimes a job on top of that, giving us no free time. We even have to sacrifice decent sleep to accomplish everything. We're miserable, on edge and angry due to the work and little time to socialize. I say "we" because my friends feel the same way as I do. In the past, teenagers had less homework and were more free to socialize according to some people I know older than myself. The phrase from The Shining "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." has a lot of truth to it as myself and friends have observed.

• Insane work loads

I just graduated from High School a few months ago and started college about a month ago. Teenagers have a much larger work load than society gives us credit for. During my senior year, my parents believed I was too lazy, while I was taking 5 ap courses (and passed them all), maintained a 4.2 GPA, was on the swim team, president of 2 clubs, and worked 25 hours a week average at In N Out.
    My workload was not unheard of in my class, and heck, I didn't even come close to being valedictorian. My days started at 5/7 am on weekdays, depending on if there was swim practice. Then I went to my classes until 3;30, using 4 of my lunch breaks for week for club meetings and officer meetings, to spend 2 hours after class swimming, going to work for 4-8 hour shifts after (only 3 days during the week) and coming home to do aprox 5 hours a night of homework (One hour per AP class)
    And the thing is, I wasn't special. I wasn't abnormal. Most people I knew had the same work loads. We all wanted to get into the best Colleges, and have the best futures. I didn't even make it into UCLA or Cal State, because everyone else is doing even more.
    Yes there are always going to be the lazy kids who don't care and don't do jack, but the majority of us lived this way.
    Lastly, all of my friends are struggling to live without several cups of coffee a day, because of the addiction they have grown to it. If 15-17 year olds with coffee addictions isn't disgusting I don't know what is.

• A lot harder now

The main difficulty is education.
    It has become so much more difficult to get into university than it used to be. I'm in college now, and I feel like I don't have a thorough knowledge of the subjects I'm studying. You're taught to just remember facts and told to use evidence. For example, in economics at the end of the exam is a 20 mark essay, even if your points, analysis and evaluation are perfect, if you don't quote the extract given (which often seems irrelevant to the question) you'll struggle to get 12.
    I don't cut (I'm too squeamish) but I have had and continue to have suicidal thoughts from time to time. I doubt and hope I never do kill myself, but exams are a major source of anxiety. Friends are literally the only thing worth living for, if I was home schooled I definitely couldn't cope!

Peer pressure is also much more present. I'm sure teens judged each other in the past, but those judgements are based of photo-edited celebrities. Girls have to be thin, guys have to be muscular. Technology has also made this more of a problem, with people judging you off how many Facebook friends you have, how many likes you get on your profile picture, and of course cyberbullying. Now, you can't escape bullying even at home. These may seem like small petty issues, but just because it's virtual, can you honestly say it wouldn't hurt you if you got no likes on your profile picture (100+ is not uncommon) and comments telling you to kill yourself and saying you're ugly?

For those saying the schooling system is less strict, yes teachers may not be able to give as harsh punishments, but every moment spent in education is solely focused of making the school achieve well. And saying we're on our phones in class, sure-if you want it taken away for the rest of the day. A lot of teachers even read out the texts-fair enough you shouldn't be texting, but they have no right to invade your privacy like that. We also have literally no free time. I leave my house at 7am and get back at 5pm, then we're expected to do 18 hours of independent work a week.
    I do 3 hours a night and at the weekend do 3 hours. On top of this, you practically have to have a part time job if you want to stand a chance at getting a job in the future. This takes up anywhere from 16-20 hours of the weekend (I'm a waiter and treated like a piece of sh*t for awful pay). Over a course of 1 week that gives me 14-18 hours to do what I want. Sounds like a fair amount, but that is out of the 112 hours I'm awake (11%). What's the point in living when 90% of the time I doing things I don't want to be doing?

• Schools are more competitive. Social media causes anxiety. And the pressure is high.

Schools are super competitive to get into UGA when my mom was growing up you needed a 3.2 now you need a 4.2. She went to UGA but if she wanted to apply now with her previous GPA, she couldn't get into UGA or even many community colleges in GA. Social media causes stress to kids and bullying occurs. It also serves as a distraction for modern teens to procrastinate other than study. I got my phone taken for a day and I studied and finished my homework at 6, instead of finishing at 2 am because I procrastinated, watched Netflix, and texted my friends all day.