Is life for teenagers nowadays easier than before?

• Lol wuts rong tis al fne

Yaaall here are lazy af thos ho say no. My dad got beatin when he gat less than 80% in his exams is that ez. Kys yall here r lazy. I work n its all fine. Ez game ez life.

Lol don't take this serious people just kidding. But my dad bit was true

• Kill me now

Kill me
    hi
    hi
    hi
    hi
    hi
    h
    ih
    ihi
    i\hi
    hi

hi
    ih
    ih
    hi
    ih
    hi
    hi
    h
    ihi
    hi
    hi
    hihihihi
    hi
    hi
    hi
    hi
    ih
    hi
    ih
    ih
    i
    i
    i
    i
    i

ii
    i
    i
    i
    ii
    i
    i
    iii
    i
    i
    i
    i
    i
    i

• We are lucky..

We are having more facilities than the people of the early ages.We have no tensions as all of our needs are fulfilled their selves and we don't even know about them.We are sitting under A/C but the people of early ages did not even had a fan.As in all aspects we are better than people of early ages

• Now days easier

Back when I was in school we had stricter lessons and when we got out of school it was work or college well I didn't have the money so I went to work 12 hour days laying concrete in the blazing sun. Then in winter 8 months out of the year shoveling in the -20 degree weather. Now days u teenagers have all this technology to do shit and u probably use ur cell phones in the class rooms. We didn't have cell phones when I was in school. Also we listen to our parents and didn't back talk them so yea u have it easier

• Now days easier

• Connor isn't lazy.

Connor is a lazy person, he tries. Nice try he is a very good person. Lol lol ol ol o l ol o l o l ol ol l o l ol o l o l ol ol ol olo l lo o l ol o l o l o lo l ol l lol o lol ol

• Martin Fish Augustus Johnny FAupal

16 view point Teens have less to worries about. I am 16 and if someone dose not du homework we are not punished badly. If you are a adult you can get fired.
    Teenagers have more opportunities to change their future.
    As a teenager you have less responsibilities than adults. Having less responsibilities gives us more time to ourselves. We also work less hours per day. As teenagers we do not have to deal with financial stress.
    Being a teenager is easier for our generation because of technologie, we have more programs to help us and also we are guided in the right direction. As I also said, we teenagers have more opportunities, more free time, less responsibilities and financial worries.

• Jack Martin Fisher

• Hi hi hi

Very nice very nice very nice very nice very nice very nice very nicevery nic very nice very nice very nice very nice very nice very nice very nice very nice very nice very nice very nice very nice very nice very nice very nice very nice very nice very nice

• Hi hi hi

• All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

We are loaded down with just way too much homework and sometimes a job on top of that, giving us no free time. We even have to sacrifice decent sleep to accomplish everything. We're miserable, on edge and angry due to the work and little time to socialize. I say "we" because my friends feel the same way as I do. In the past, teenagers had less homework and were more free to socialize according to some people I know older than myself. The phrase from The Shining "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." has a lot of truth to it as myself and friends have observed.

• Insane work loads

I just graduated from High School a few months ago and started college about a month ago. Teenagers have a much larger work load than society gives us credit for. During my senior year, my parents believed I was too lazy, while I was taking 5 ap courses (and passed them all), maintained a 4.2 GPA, was on the swim team, president of 2 clubs, and worked 25 hours a week average at In N Out.
    My workload was not unheard of in my class, and heck, I didn't even come close to being valedictorian. My days started at 5/7 am on weekdays, depending on if there was swim practice. Then I went to my classes until 3;30, using 4 of my lunch breaks for week for club meetings and officer meetings, to spend 2 hours after class swimming, going to work for 4-8 hour shifts after (only 3 days during the week) and coming home to do aprox 5 hours a night of homework (One hour per AP class)
    And the thing is, I wasn't special. I wasn't abnormal. Most people I knew had the same work loads. We all wanted to get into the best Colleges, and have the best futures. I didn't even make it into UCLA or Cal State, because everyone else is doing even more.
    Yes there are always going to be the lazy kids who don't care and don't do jack, but the majority of us lived this way.
    Lastly, all of my friends are struggling to live without several cups of coffee a day, because of the addiction they have grown to it. If 15-17 year olds with coffee addictions isn't disgusting I don't know what is.

• A lot harder now

The main difficulty is education.
    It has become so much more difficult to get into university than it used to be. I'm in college now, and I feel like I don't have a thorough knowledge of the subjects I'm studying. You're taught to just remember facts and told to use evidence. For example, in economics at the end of the exam is a 20 mark essay, even if your points, analysis and evaluation are perfect, if you don't quote the extract given (which often seems irrelevant to the question) you'll struggle to get 12.
    I don't cut (I'm too squeamish) but I have had and continue to have suicidal thoughts from time to time. I doubt and hope I never do kill myself, but exams are a major source of anxiety. Friends are literally the only thing worth living for, if I was home schooled I definitely couldn't cope!

Peer pressure is also much more present. I'm sure teens judged each other in the past, but those judgements are based of photo-edited celebrities. Girls have to be thin, guys have to be muscular. Technology has also made this more of a problem, with people judging you off how many Facebook friends you have, how many likes you get on your profile picture, and of course cyberbullying. Now, you can't escape bullying even at home. These may seem like small petty issues, but just because it's virtual, can you honestly say it wouldn't hurt you if you got no likes on your profile picture (100+ is not uncommon) and comments telling you to kill yourself and saying you're ugly?

For those saying the schooling system is less strict, yes teachers may not be able to give as harsh punishments, but every moment spent in education is solely focused of making the school achieve well. And saying we're on our phones in class, sure-if you want it taken away for the rest of the day. A lot of teachers even read out the texts-fair enough you shouldn't be texting, but they have no right to invade your privacy like that. We also have literally no free time. I leave my house at 7am and get back at 5pm, then we're expected to do 18 hours of independent work a week.
    I do 3 hours a night and at the weekend do 3 hours. On top of this, you practically have to have a part time job if you want to stand a chance at getting a job in the future. This takes up anywhere from 16-20 hours of the weekend (I'm a waiter and treated like a piece of sh*t for awful pay). Over a course of 1 week that gives me 14-18 hours to do what I want. Sounds like a fair amount, but that is out of the 112 hours I'm awake (11%). What's the point in living when 90% of the time I doing things I don't want to be doing?

• Schools are more competitive. Social media causes anxiety. And the pressure is high.

Schools are super competitive to get into UGA when my mom was growing up you needed a 3.2 now you need a 4.2. She went to UGA but if she wanted to apply now with her previous GPA, she couldn't get into UGA or even many community colleges in GA. Social media causes stress to kids and bullying occurs. It also serves as a distraction for modern teens to procrastinate other than study. I got my phone taken for a day and I studied and finished my homework at 6, instead of finishing at 2 am because I procrastinated, watched Netflix, and texted my friends all day.

• Of Course Not

Technology is suppose to make our life easier. But we still have less and less time in our lives to do the thing we want. We can have the fastest internet and all the tech gadgets but that doesn't make our lives any easier.
    The life of a teenager is really unique

• A 16 year olds view

I reckon we have it a lot harder than our parents did. Yeah we are connected to virtually everything through technology and the internet, that just makes it easier for people to bully you at home without being discovered. It makes it easier for people to advertise what we are expected to be like. Society has placed a heavy expectations on our shoulders. We have to be beautiful, popular and smart. We are expected to be a certain way and act a certain way. Just because we have the use of technology right in front of us, doesn't mean we have it easier. I could go on and on, but I think this is enough.

• Teens need peace!

Teens need their own playtime. They can meet their friends or listen to the music...., but they don't have time. When they are back from school, they need to go to academe's and study when we are back home, they need to do homework then, they can't have a bit of time!

• Im only 15 but......

You would expect us to sit down and game all day, and when its school mostly "skive" (i don't know how its spelt) but we don't. We work hard for good results and don't get a break from all the working. Sure, you always have a few rule breakers or whatever, but knock down stereotypes a second. We DO work hard. I found this doing homework, for flips sake. I just want to say that we aren't all slackers...In fact, a lot of us work hard to attain our goal/dream/whatever... I just hope that the goal isn't to become a pro footballer, because good luck with that. But yea, our life isn't swell either. I do like gaming, but i read alot too. Now excuse me,im off to do my homework.

• Life easy for teenagers ha !

Life for teens isnt easy , there under pressure from their schools , parents , media and their peers. The media gives them this fake image of beauty and they feel the need to either over eat or starve themselves because they are not happy with themselves this leads to affecting them physically and mentally. Not to mention all the bullying some of them get from not being able to fit in. Their exams are extremely hard and they dont have a chance to be normal kids , sure this makes them mature and be responsible and they need that but they also need a chance to have some freedom and live a bit before they get sucked into bills , paying taxes and work.

• A 17 year olds view

As much as our parents and people who were teenagers before love to gloat about how "hard their lives were", our lives are just as hard if not more difficult. First of all colleges are much harder to get into which raises the stress level of every normal teenager. Statistics also show that teenagers today are a lot more mature and responsible today because we have to grow up faster. Another statistic shows that the average teenager has the stress level of an asylum patient in the 50's. If you walk into my high school today you'll see a lot of kids scrambled in the library struggling to finish their 8 page paper while worrying about how they are going to find time to study for finals when they have a soccer game and a part time job to go to. As much as the media loves to glorify high school and make our generation seem like lazy, party oriented freaks we're not. In fact we are more well behaved than our parents were.