Is Life in Prison without Parole a Better Option Than the Death Penalty?

• Yes surely life in prison without parole a better opinion

1. If a person commits a mistake which has a deep impact on the victim or victim’s family then life imprisonment is an appropriate punishment.
    2. Capital punishment takes the life of a person which is not a real justice to any crime.
    3. Life imprisonment gives a chance to the criminals to realize their mistakes.
    4. The death penalty costs more, delivers less, and puts innocent lives at risk. Life without parole provides swift, severe, and certain punishment. It provides justice to survivors of murder victims and allows more resources to be invested into solving other murders and preventing violence. Sentencing people to die in prison is the sensible alternative for public safety and murder victims’ families.
    5. First of all, there is no one has the right to take other one's life away. People are born by God, and God is only person who has this right. Human beings should not kill human beings. Even if criminals have committed horrible crimes, the government does not have the right to execute them. Taking those people into prison is a good solution; because this is a deserved punishment for their crimes and this kind of punishment is much more humane than capital punishment. This type of punishment is strong enough to make scare in criminals' minds.
    6. Death penalty would be worse because you don't get that chance to live your life anymore. You just die, whereas if you got the life sentence, you could live the rest of your life, even if it is behind bars, at least you are alive and you get food to eat, a place to sleep, and a place to think and reflect on your past. Even though life sentence can haunt you because of your past, the death penalty ends your life right then and there.

• Life in prison is worse for criminals and better for the people.

The death penalty is far worse then capital punishment because there is no privacy, you sit there for days and just think about your life. It is also hypocritical and cheaper to put them in prison for life then lethal injection. It is also proven that states with the death penalty have higher murder rates then states without the death penalty. As well as 4.1% of people that are executed are innocent. Then if you are a child abuser, pedophile, or molester the criminals themselves will hate you and you have a likely chance of being killed in prison.

• I agree completely

I believe that the death penalty is a waste of money. I also do not want people to die even if they had done something horrific. The people giving the death penalty are murderers! They are sending the message if you kill people you get killed! Not a very good message if you ask me.

• Costs Less, Shorter Process

It costs less than the death penalty and also does not prolong the process of suffering for victims' families, unlike the death penalty does. It is also a good alternative due to the amounts of wrongly convicted people released every year due to being proven not guilty. Lastly, the death penalty does not deter criminals from committing crime (check stats), so there is no point of spending so much money on something that does not work.

• Yes I agree

I agree I agree I agree I agree I agree I definitely agree I I I I I I I ii I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I agree yes

• Yes I agree

• Yes I agree

• Yes I agree

• Yes I agree

• Yes I agree

• No, the death penalty still makes society whole.

No, life in prison without parole is not a better option than the death penalty, because it is still important for society to have retribution. Retribution is important so that society is made whole from the harm that it has caused. It is important that victims know that their offenders can still receive the ultimate punishment.

• No, the death penalty can be a deterrent.

Life in prison without the chance of parole is what (at this time) eighteen states have turned to, instead of capital punishment. However, capital punishment, or the death penalty, can be a deterrent when used as a threat against people who commit crimes. It sends a message to anyone considering a violent crime that there can be dire consequences, and it sends a message to society and victims that horrendous acts will not be tolerated or condoned.

• Rewards the most horrible killer

Vote NO on Proposition 62, if you do you will support the death penalty, instead of having life imprisonment. The proposition will to reward the most heinous killers, by putting them in jail, instead of executing them. For an example a criminal named Nayeri, 37, kidnapped and attacked a man, has broken out of prison and put other people in danger (cnn.Com). The criminals need to have a higher level of punishment, despite how bad the crime was they committed. If the crime is bad, such as kidnapping, torturing or killing someone, the criminals need to have a worse punishment than staying in jail for the rest of their lives. The family knows that the killer is nowhere, and that he can not hurt them because he is not in jail. The victims families will now have compensation for the death of their loved one. If you vote yes prop 62 you are giving the criminals a reward for their crime.

• Nope no no

Costs more 3efhebd hdhdhdhdhdhdhdhdh wen wpein wijn whrb wb webf efb ef efwpirjxi3rhx 4rb 4rb 3rj 3rueh2 fehf fhff fhf f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f ff f f

• No. Waste of money

It is a waste of taxpayers money to keep criminals who deserves death penalty in prison for life without parole. Currently it takes way too long for these murderers to be put to death. They have committed horrific crimes and should be put to death after a short jail time.

• Trapped in solitary confinement for life or just end your life?

Though life in prison may sound 10 times easier to choose, the death penalty is way less torturing and is faster. Also, if in prison for life, the people that care of you have to provide food, clothing, and every other necessity in living. In prison, you can't do anything anyways because your basically trapped for the rest of your life, which is equal to just ending your life because you can't do anything after you die.

• Give me freedom or give me death

Life in Prison with no chance of release is even worse than the death penalty. Would you like to be locked up like an animal in a cage until you die? If I would have to choose between life behind bars or death, I would choose the death penalty without a second thought