• Are we awake?

HOW can we prove to ourselves at any given moment that we are not asleep and dreaming? Life circumstances are sometimes as fantastic as dream circumstances; and change with the same rapidity. What if we should wake up and find waking life a dream, and our present sleep and dream merely dreams within a dream?
    There is a traditional doctrine, usually associated with religion, but now and then invading great literature, that our present waking state is not really being awake at all. It is not night-sleep certainly, nor is it the ordinary somnambulism or sleep-walking; but it is, the tradition says, a special form of sleep comparable to a hypnotic trance in which, however, there is no hypnotist but only suggestion or auto-suggestion. In the first instance, from the moment of birth and before, we are under the suggestion that we are not fully awake; and it is universally suggested to our consciousness that we must dream the dream of this world—as our parents and friends dream it. Young children, it is notorious, find it hard at first to distinguish between this fancy, that is to say, their other day-dreams, and the dream their parents live in. Later in childhood, when the original suggestion has taken, auto-suggestion keeps us in the state more or less continuously. Our friends and neighbours, and all the objects we perceive, act as soporifics and dream-suggestions. We no longer, as in early childhood, rub our eyes in doubt of the reality of this world. We are fully convinced not only that it is real, but that there is no other. We dream but we do not doubt that we are awake. TO READ THE REST, GO HERE: https://www.gurdjieff.org/orage3.htm

• Dreams & dreaming doesn't equal not being real

Believe it or not, we are dreaming when we are awake, evidence to the contrary. Yes, there are laws of nature, but those laws exist inside this dream we call reality & ONLY THERE. Our & nature's greater reality comes from another source: dreams. That is why lucid dreaming & outer body experiences are invaluable, because those are exactly the conditions of our greater reality NOW (although we are scarcely aware of it) and what we will encounter when we die. It's a duality, folks. On the one hand, death is real, because your body dies, but your awareness does not. Your awareness is and always was a part of a greater awareness whose state is more like a dream-like, which is why your consciousness fluctuates. As a matter of fact, thinking in terms of fluctuating is a great analogy. Your awareness fluctuates throughout the day in the waking state, and does the same thing when you sleep. The same thing for everything in Nature, from animals to plants to the weather. You can think of all that as The KNOWN. Death is the GREAT UNKNOWN and lucid dreaming and outer body experiences are the doorway to that GREAT UNKNOWN. At the very least, don't knock it until you've tried it, because IF you succeed (and that's one mighty big 'IF') you will know that there is more to us than meets the eye. Much more. Oh, also read Jane Roberts, 'Seth Speaks,' & 'The Nature of Personal Reality,' check out The Lucid Dream Magazine (it's free & online). Those are great starts. Good luck!

• It Would Be Great If It Was

Just imagine waking up from this life into another world. Where everyone is equal and free. Where there is no more war, conflict or anger. Just imagine another world where there is no poverty. Where no one is homeless, and no one dies due to hunger or thirst. Everyone has a home, money, a family and friends.

• I'd like to say yes.

Imagine our whole life being a dream. One day, when our dream is over, (which means our death), we just wake up from it all. We'd get the chance to open our eyes to a new world. It would change, practically everything. Therefore, I hope life actually does turn out to be one big dream, when it comes to certain things. I wouldn't like it if one day you wake up and realize your loved ones were never real.

• Life is a dream

I believe life is a dream because anything can happen in a dream whether it be expected or unexpected and the same could be said for real life and bothe real life and dreams can end up turning into a horrible nightmare in an instant. Life is not exactly what it appears to be...

• Family and love ones

No, I do not want to believe that life is just one big dream, simply because I don't want to wake up and be depressed releasing that my family and love ones, my hobby and all the fun things and experiences in life never really existed. And plus they say you only dream about things you've seen before, so life is not possibly a dream

• No for a few, simple reasons

Rules exist which govern our world. Laws of nature and change. These rules do not alter over time and are real. These laws still exist even for someone with no knowledge of them, proving that they are unchanging, even based on ones knowledge / experience. Lucid dreaming is a very cool thing. I love to be able to use my mind to fly, solve a real problem in my sleep via trial and error in my dreams, and just general creativity. Life is not lucid dreaming, however, and is reality.