• Life is Worth Living.

There is a reason why everyone is here. There is a reason why you are here and not someone else instead of you. Make the most of this life - the things that can make you smile. Learn and love; learn to love. You may think you aren't worth it, but life is worth it. The world is vast and big, there are many things to discover and search for. Open your eyes and your mind and you will see that there is a whole world before you. Before your own eyes.

• Shouldn't even have to be discussed

Life is a luxury given to us and should not be taken granted of. It is evident the majority of individuals on this website are evidently "luckier" than most of the population of the world and those who disagree that life is worth living are expressing their selfish and ungrateful nature.

• I consider life worth living.

Life allows for opportunity and meaning, whereas the opposite, which I'm assuming is non existence, allows for nothing. Some days- hell, some years- I would rather not be alive for. I would rather skip them altogether. Life doesn't work like that. Life always changes, gets better or worse, even if it takes a while to seem it. I may sound naïve, but depression is cruel in that life seems unchanging and a constant dredge of crap being thrown at you every day, so much that it's not even worth resisting anymore. You don't have any good days. However, change always happens. If the alternative is non-existence, then I will live life every day, be it good or bad, because emotion is what makes life worth living.

• Find your reason.

I have asked myself this question over and over and found no answer. But the thing is, if life is not worth it then why am i here, why am i not something else, somewhere else? Why am i a human full of capabilities and knowledge? Why do i get second chances to make things right? I think all of this is some kind of message or a sign from god telling me that there is a reason to my existence, even if i don't see it yet and this reason makes my life worth living because no one can fulfill this reason except for me. Live your life and try your best to find the reason for your existence because i know that's what i am doing.

• Spend the day fishing!

All you need to do is see the mist rise off the lake as the sun rises over the tops of white peaked mountain and if you don't see the beauty of life then you are blind. Too many times people looK at themselves and the expectations that mainly come from comparison to a repeating media drenched episode of keeping up with the jones! God can show a much simpler joy and peace with this life which is a trial and not the best it's gonna get! I plead will all you who said no face the challenges off life with contentment in any situation because God loves you so much that he even gave you the choice don't fall for this worlds lies and get out into the tangible and real wonder that spans our globe.

• There isn't much of a point to live, but even less of a point to not live, so let's live.

Whether you live or not will not make much of a difference in this universe, or even on Earth (if you are a normal person. Some people really change things). We all started from tiny microscopic chemical bubbles that became single-cellular organisms that then evolved into multi-cellular organisms. Our world is petty, the little human system we created. Look at the vast universe. What is the point of anything existing? None! If it wasn't there, there will simply be nothing. There's nothing else to judge our universe for not existing/ existing, and even if there is, what if they didn't exist? What if there's nothing, then what would it matter if there was something? Only to the being confined in that something, but for all the other nothing, IT DOESN'T MATTER!
    On that note, what is the point of anything NOT existing? You can argue the point of the WHOLE UNIVERSE EXISTING, I guess, but there is no way to argue the point of the whole universe NOT existing. Same way there is not much reason to not live, so since you and me are alive (hopefully), why don't we just stay alive?

• Life is worth it.

Some people said life was useless and that there is no purpose. I believe that there is a purpose to live. I sometimes think : there is no point of life I am nothing this world is useless , but then I think there must be a purpose to life or why would there be life? Fun, love, hope, I know it sounds lame but it surrounds everything we do we go t school so we can go to work so we can make money so we can LIVE. W hat do you think makes everyone else tick? They all have a goal to strive for.

• Yes. Life is a cruel but gratifiying game.

There have been times in my life where I have quesioned the morality of the world and how so many bad things could happen to so many good people? But whenever I ask this question I find myself relaying back to the notion that life isn't fair and that not everyone has the equal oppurtunities that other people have, and in reflecting upon this fact I find myself more gratified at the prospect of life and all the immense oppurtunities that it presents. While other people's lives may be better or worse than your own, you still have the power in a limited but large way to help those who are less fortunate. This is what truly drives me to the notion that this game that we call life is worth living.

• When you were born...

When you were born, gravity pulled you down every time you stood up. When life didn't give you lemons, you cried. When everyone left you, you were alone. But what did you do? You stood. You laughed. You loved. Life might not mean anything to you now, but it meant a hell of a lot to that child who worked hard to get you were you are now. They grew up believing , they had dreams. Reality let the little you down, but that doesn't mean you have to. When you were born you had nothing but beliefs. So believe.

• Life sucks, But I want to live until the end.

Life may be a blessing to some people but for me and many people, it is a curse. I'm a merely 17 years old boy who were born with ADHD and a very short memory, which hinders my ability to learn. Life is hard since you always have to live up to people's expectation. You have to go to school, you have to get good grades, you have to grow up, you have to go to university, you have to work and if you don't...?

You will die

I hate my life. I can't do what I really wanted to do. I always escape to the world of video games and anime because it always take my mind off things. The world as it present in video games and anime is much more beautiful than real world. When bad things happens, some people always stands up for the right thing. While in real world I watch as about 5 people slip in front of me in my lunch queue. Some guy did say something to them but all he get was a laugh from everyone around him. Life is indeed a dark and nasty place.

Life sucks

So why don't I just kill myself ? I've been asking the same question again and again. Surely a strike to a carotid artery in your neck with sharp object will probably kill me quicker than someone could save me.

I still have hope.

Every cloud has a silver lining. Thousands of people may die from lightning trying to search for it but I'm willing to take that risk. I can kill myself any time if I ever became tired of my life. But once I stab myself in the neck there's no turning back. I wanted to continue living until I can't live anymore. I wanted to risk everything I had to see all the good that may come in the unforeseeable future. Life may be the worst thing that ever happened to me but that doesn't mean there's nothing good in it. It may sounded childish wishing for a 'happy ending'. But I will never know unless I tried

Perhaps... I will have a girlfriend one day :)

• The question is: Is it better to be alive or dead?

Is it nobler to put up with all the nasty things that luck throws your way, or to fight against all those troubles by simply putting an end to them once and for all? Dying, sleeping—that’s all dying is—a sleep that ends all the heartache and shocks that life on earth gives us—that’s an achievement to wish for. To die, to sleep—to sleep, maybe to dream. Ah, but there’s the catch: in death’s sleep who knows what kind of dreams might come, after we’ve put the noise and commotion of life behind us. That’s certainly something to worry about. That’s the consideration that makes us stretch out our sufferings so long. After all, who would put up with all life’s humiliations—the abuse from superiors, the insults of arrogant men, the pangs of unrequited love, the inefficiency of the legal system, the rudeness of people in office, and the mistreatment good people have to take from bad—when you could simply take out your knife and call it quits? Who would choose to grunt and sweat through an exhausting life, unless they were afraid of something dreadful after death, the undiscovered country from which no visitor returns, which we wonder about without getting any answers from and which makes us stick to the evils we know rather than rush off to seek the ones we don’t? Fear of death makes us all cowards, and our natural boldness becomes weak with too much thinking. Actions that should be carried out at once get misdirected, and stop being actions at all.

• To Live is eviL

The purpose of your life is to merge with the opposite half of yourself, you have disguised them as someone else, someone you would never believe could actually be you. You lie to yourself so that you will fall for the illusion you create. Nothing does exist but only for the lone observer; for which the sheer volume of nothingness is deafening. We choose to consume our own essence just to experience something rather than nothing. For you to live, something must die. The something that died was once part of your very being, alive today. It was a pure and harmonious entity however it was unlived, unloved, untested and as yet unexplained.

There is nothing we can do, the decision has already been made, we are already dead. We are witness, victim and perpetrator of the most beautiful yet most terrifying dream of death, convinced that it is reality. Our only salvation is the love we have for ourselves, if you cannot love yourself for the things you do, the things you say, the goodness you can give, then your life is not worth living, you will continue to suffer at the will of your own doing. We are yet to be born into reality, instead we have created an illusion which we could never attribute to our own making, nor reap reward or punishment for, keeping God as scapegoat. We are afraid that if we stop dreaming then life will end but it wont, it will actually begin for real!

Life is not worth living if to do so is to be evil incarnate. Let me put this as easy to read as possible, At one point in time every single force in the known and unknown universe (uni=one + verse=song -onesong) was all contained within one space as it was necessary for its conscious to expand through the experience of indivduality, this single point of everything then literally exploded in all directions from the fear caused by its experience of nothingness. Since then we have continued our charge into the eternal abyss of darkness created by our own desire to be an individual.

The truth is WE ARE ALL DAMNED TO SUFFER FOR ETERNITY IF WE CANNOT LEARN TO LOVE OUR TRUE SELF. How can I love myself when the atrocities of mankind scar my conscience, knowing that I am part of mankind and just as guilty for wanting to live, for needing to feel loved.

• Same thing day after day.....

For those fortunate few that never have to work or don't know what the real world is like and live in there little bubbles looking down there nose at everyone else, if these people have anything to complain about then wind your necks in. I'm 43 worked since 15 and still have nothing to show for it, I'm not extravagant don't believe in having the latest of anything or fashions as I'm not an idiot that gets sucked in to what tv or magazines tell me, like majority of this world. I don't drink or smoke (can't afford it) cannot take holidays, I'm sick to death of everyday being the same, you get up work, get paid and then struggle to meet all your bills so why do we do it? I know I am in control of my own life and can change it and I have tried numerous times and still end up back here. I do have luck and it's called bad luck my life does seem to be one failure after another and no matter how much I try it doesn't help. So yes idiots can believe in God as they really don't want to believe this is it there has to be something else after this life. My belief is, if there was a god why would he put people through life like this? Unless he must be evil!!! So my answer no life isn't worth it and if I had the balls I wouldn't be here anymore.

• Depression is ugly

Depression is ugly and it hurts. It takes away any bit of hope that you may have about leading a happy life. It is like a vacuum that sucks up all your energy, your love, your soul, the very reason why a person might ever want to live. I don't.

• The bad outweighs the good

Yes, there are moments of joy. However, they are short and overwhelmed by the day to day struggles we all have. Humanity isn't progressing when it comes to being more compassionate. We are driven by our individual egos which drives some to seek power and wealth. Once that is achieved the lack of compassion and ego driven desires cause those with wealth to make policy that keeps most of us in a form of slavery just trying to eek out a living.

• Life is Terrible

So you are born, yippee. You get to experience 100 whole years of life. You can be happy and sing and dance; and then you die. Goodbye, see ya sucker, you will never be thought about again. Maybe you will have some influence over some people for a couple years, and then our memory is gone. And that is just after life; during life is even worse. Your influence on just one city is so small why does it matter. Think about this, you are one person, with your own problems, in a town of 50,000. You live in a country of. 500,000, and a world of 7,000,000,000 people. 7,000,000,000 to 1. And that is just this one minuscule planet. Life isn't worth it.

• It's not worth it

If you were never been born it would not hurt anybody. I suffer from depression to me it's not worth it there is no light at the end of my tunnel. I'm not very close to people so I wouldn't be missed. Some people might, but in my opinion it's not worth it. Some people are close to many people or are popular, and people would notice them gone. In my life it is not worth it, so in my opinion life is not worth it

• Depends on Who's Living

Not depending on which person is living but depending on what of that person is living.
    Today my life is not worth living because there is a tenacious preoccupation with myself that is dominating my attention like a tooth-ache. So much dread about any discomfort this body could encounter. When I need a reason to live is when I've lost all reason. Life can't be about living because too many of us die. And it can't be about comfort because, most of the time, life is not comfortable.
    The fact that I die and life goes on can only mean that life is not for me any more than the ant I probably stepped on today.
    I am aligned with the wrong self when I ask this question and it wouldn't matter which side I put my answer on.
    If life was worth it then dying wouldn't be worth it, and if dying was worth it then living wouldn't be worth it. Either way, something unavoidable is guaranteed to not be worth it. Don't we want to get to a place where everything is worth it?
    Sorry no answer, I feel better though. Must go think about this.
    Denise

• A self-supporting cycle of misery

Every time you have to interact with another person, the likelihood is that the interaction will end up in disappointment. This ranges from them treating you badly immediately to being close to you for years and then stabbing you in the back. Because of this, all of us end up (subconsciously, if you are decent person) also doing the same to others, which causes the cycle of misery to go on.

If you decide to make an effort to minimise the disappointment you bring to other people as much as possible this would stop, right? Wrong, other people will detect your niceness and stab you even deeper in the back.

• Suffering and similar...

There is just so much suffering and other negatives, not just for other species but also for humans. I dont believe that even the persian king himself had many days better than a dreamless night. As the good Sokrates put it:

"...Either death is a state of nothingness and utter unconsciousness, or, as men say, there is a change and migration of the soul from this world to another. Now if you suppose that there is no consciousness, but a sleep like the sleep of him who is undisturbed even by the sight of dreams, death will be an unspeakable gain. For if a person were to select the night in which his sleep was undisturbed even by dreams, and were to compare with this the other days and nights of his life, and then were to tell us how many days and nights he had passed in the course of his life better and more pleasantly than this one, I think that any man, even the great king, will not find many such days or nights..."

- Plato; Apology