• Life is Worth Living.

There is a reason why everyone is here. There is a reason why you are here and not someone else instead of you. Make the most of this life - the things that can make you smile. Learn and love; learn to love. You may think you aren't worth it, but life is worth it. The world is vast and big, there are many things to discover and search for. Open your eyes and your mind and you will see that there is a whole world before you. Before your own eyes.

• Shouldn't even have to be discussed

Life is a luxury given to us and should not be taken granted of. It is evident the majority of individuals on this website are evidently "luckier" than most of the population of the world and those who disagree that life is worth living are expressing their selfish and ungrateful nature.

• I said yes, but yet, I'm not quite shore.

Is it really worth living? I mean, if you believe in heaven, than why don't you just skip this life that makes you hurt and cry more times than it makes you smile and laugh? But if you don't believe in God than why do you think you are doing all this for? What do you tell yourself everyday to make yourself carry on? What do you hold on to? Because it's kind of worthless, a life. You live, you die, you're forgotten. 200 hundred years from now nobody will even know you were here. You are nothing to the world. Kind of ridiculous right? But yet, I said yes and I'm not shore why. Maybe the question is..Why not live it? Try to make the most of it? Hurt sometimes, but hold on to all the little things that make you smile. I believe that if it is worth living, love is the only thing that makes it like that. People I love are the reason I keep living every day even though I don't know my place in this world or the reason I'm here. Maybe it's not worth living, but I'm always gonna keep living it because of my loved ones.

• Life is beautiful.

I think life has a lot of nice things, such as many fun things to experience and see and also to have many relationships with people. Lots of learning from life such as how to make friends and how to be independent and what fun and nice things to do.

• Yes and No.

Life is full of joy, laughter, pain, suffering, love, anger, hate, and pretty much every other emotion out there. It differs on what life you live, and if you are happy with it. I understand there are people born slaves, poor, or abused, and they deserve to be happy. But there is always a silver lining to something, and that includes life.

• Are you serious? Of course it is.

“Death is so terribly final, while life is full of possibilities.” Its better to have a chance to enjoy life, then to never exist at all. As a human there is nothing else we know besides living, one cannot comprehend not existing. Set goals, take chances, and never give up. Honestly, its not about the end but about what you experience. Rather than saying, "woe is me" change how you live or how you face this world. It's all up to you.

• Yes AND no

Life is an opportunity, it's a chance forced upon you to do something with your 'life'. You can enjoy it and have fun, do all kinds of cool stuff, have dreams and ambitions, do whatever you please, it is YOUR life. It's worth living if you have something to live FOR.

But don't forget that if you have nothing worth living for and that if you're certain that no day will be better than the memories you already have, it becomes optional. Life isn't a gift, it's nature, it's something that gets forced upon you wether you like it or not. So you have every right to do with it what you want, be it continuing a long, boring life in hope for better days, or stopping it entirely.

It's your life, your choice.

• Living Better Than Dying

For most people, living is far better and more enjoyable than dying. Life is absolutely worth living because experiences, both good and bad, are worth experiencing. The more experiences a person has in their life, the more fulfilling their life becomes. Living a positive and happy life is especially great when facing adversity.

• The question is: Is it better to be alive or dead?

Is it nobler to put up with all the nasty things that luck throws your way, or to fight against all those troubles by simply putting an end to them once and for all? Dying, sleeping—that’s all dying is—a sleep that ends all the heartache and shocks that life on earth gives us—that’s an achievement to wish for. To die, to sleep—to sleep, maybe to dream. Ah, but there’s the catch: in death’s sleep who knows what kind of dreams might come, after we’ve put the noise and commotion of life behind us. That’s certainly something to worry about. That’s the consideration that makes us stretch out our sufferings so long. After all, who would put up with all life’s humiliations—the abuse from superiors, the insults of arrogant men, the pangs of unrequited love, the inefficiency of the legal system, the rudeness of people in office, and the mistreatment good people have to take from bad—when you could simply take out your knife and call it quits? Who would choose to grunt and sweat through an exhausting life, unless they were afraid of something dreadful after death, the undiscovered country from which no visitor returns, which we wonder about without getting any answers from and which makes us stick to the evils we know rather than rush off to seek the ones we don’t? Fear of death makes us all cowards, and our natural boldness becomes weak with too much thinking. Actions that should be carried out at once get misdirected, and stop being actions at all.

• Definitely not, in my opinion.

Obviously, the answer to this question will vary by person, dependent on their philosophy and experience. Given the choice, I would definitely not choose to live. I am not ungrateful. I am truly blessed in more ways than I can enumerate here. However, those blessings do not come close to balancing the pain and, frankly burden, of daily life. Of course, I know it could be much worse. For many, it is. For those who think I'm selfish and ungrateful still, you have your reality, you don't know mine. Perhaps, you are the one who is selfish for thinking I deserve to live every day for years on end with the chronic pain of incurable depression and anxiety.

• It hurts too much

For some people they have depression and anxiety etc....) like me! So I often consider this but to me it is and isn't yes because it has some its perks sure and if you leave you're leaving you're family behind and no because all the hurt and hating and it it just hurts!!! But for the people who think it is I'll support you...

Posted by: Ak21
  • No it is not

Life is inherently meaningless. We are all heading towards death. It is just a joke to believe that there is some higher purpose. Those ideologies are put in place to sustain a pacified worker force in a world dominated by elite few. Elite or not, death is a reality. This is senseless.

• Deaths mystery ?

What keeps us from doing it is that we fear death. It's the way we are . I believe that religion only exist to give comfort to those who fear death but perhaps their is a paradise after death but I can't say. The only thing we strive for are the very things we can't have after death wealth,power, and fame.

• In no way is it worth living.

Life is cruel, and suffering is the daily norm. I ask myself why every morning. Why do we strive to live when all we do is suffer under physical, or unseen emotional pain? Sure there are things that make life wonderful love, sex, music, food, drugs, and thrills. All of which could be suggestive pending on the thrill, or sometimes even taboo. So many negatives to only a few positives. It almost seems like the only certain happiness you could have is with a bullet in the chamber, and a finger clutched around the trigger. Yet we all fear the outcome of death.

• What's the point?

Unfulfilling job...No friends...Nearly 40...Broke...No girl friend...Nothing to do Friday nights...Why bother going on? I've been diagnosed with depression when I was younger. Apparently I was deemed cured, and allowed to return to real life. Can't think of a reason to go on in this world. I work to pay bills for stuff that do nothing for my life. These is no reason to continue this nonsense.

• This point is not debatable

It is self evident. You have to suffer to live and live to suffer. You are just here to s**t out the bad karma, and when you have achieved balance, you time here is done. People ask why aliens never visit earth. Why would they want to land on a ball of horses**t?? And that's the least unpleasant part of this place

• No way !!

If I have to express statistically my emotions until now - I am 34 years old, I would say: 1% happiness, 55 % pain (physical, sexual, mental, emotional, financial, social abuse), 44 % boredom (doing the same things to keep me going/alive - working/studying, sleeping, taking care of my body: eating, cooking, doing shopping, personal care and grooming...Etc) ...Is it worth it ? No, for this I decided not to have kids ...

• Death is peace

This life is 95% pain with 5% short lived moments of happiness mixed in to convince us to keep that knife at a distance. And the funny thing is that it works. Despite the fact that life's events scar us beyond measure, we always look to the future for comfort, whether comfort may exist there or not. Most of the time, it doesn't unless you are thinking about taking your life.