• Life is Worth Living.

There is a reason why everyone is here. There is a reason why you are here and not someone else instead of you. Make the most of this life - the things that can make you smile. Learn and love; learn to love. You may think you aren't worth it, but life is worth it. The world is vast and big, there are many things to discover and search for. Open your eyes and your mind and you will see that there is a whole world before you. Before your own eyes.

• Shouldn't even have to be discussed

Life is a luxury given to us and should not be taken granted of. It is evident the majority of individuals on this website are evidently "luckier" than most of the population of the world and those who disagree that life is worth living are expressing their selfish and ungrateful nature.

• I said yes, but yet, I'm not quite shore.

Is it really worth living? I mean, if you believe in heaven, than why don't you just skip this life that makes you hurt and cry more times than it makes you smile and laugh? But if you don't believe in God than why do you think you are doing all this for? What do you tell yourself everyday to make yourself carry on? What do you hold on to? Because it's kind of worthless, a life. You live, you die, you're forgotten. 200 hundred years from now nobody will even know you were here. You are nothing to the world. Kind of ridiculous right? But yet, I said yes and I'm not shore why. Maybe the question is..Why not live it? Try to make the most of it? Hurt sometimes, but hold on to all the little things that make you smile. I believe that if it is worth living, love is the only thing that makes it like that. People I love are the reason I keep living every day even though I don't know my place in this world or the reason I'm here. Maybe it's not worth living, but I'm always gonna keep living it because of my loved ones.

• Linger a little while longer in this world maybe you'll find something of value

I said yes only because I feel it's the right thing to say, definitely not because I truly believe it myself. Personally I think everything in life, in this cursed world is pointless. Life is only good or great depending upon what country you're born in, what race you are and what gender you are. However, with all that being said one does not know what is to come after death and just about all religions agree that suicide is horribly wrong so I suppose rather than hastening getting to the end it's better to linger around living because there always the possibility of finding something worthwhile.

• Life is beautiful.

I think life has a lot of nice things, such as many fun things to experience and see and also to have many relationships with people. Lots of learning from life such as how to make friends and how to be independent and what fun and nice things to do.

• Yes and No.

Life is full of joy, laughter, pain, suffering, love, anger, hate, and pretty much every other emotion out there. It differs on what life you live, and if you are happy with it. I understand there are people born slaves, poor, or abused, and they deserve to be happy. But there is always a silver lining to something, and that includes life.

• Are you serious? Of course it is.

“Death is so terribly final, while life is full of possibilities.” Its better to have a chance to enjoy life, then to never exist at all. As a human there is nothing else we know besides living, one cannot comprehend not existing. Set goals, take chances, and never give up. Honestly, its not about the end but about what you experience. Rather than saying, "woe is me" change how you live or how you face this world. It's all up to you.

• Yes AND no

Life is an opportunity, it's a chance forced upon you to do something with your 'life'. You can enjoy it and have fun, do all kinds of cool stuff, have dreams and ambitions, do whatever you please, it is YOUR life. It's worth living if you have something to live FOR.

But don't forget that if you have nothing worth living for and that if you're certain that no day will be better than the memories you already have, it becomes optional. Life isn't a gift, it's nature, it's something that gets forced upon you wether you like it or not. So you have every right to do with it what you want, be it continuing a long, boring life in hope for better days, or stopping it entirely.

It's your life, your choice.

• Living Better Than Dying

For most people, living is far better and more enjoyable than dying. Life is absolutely worth living because experiences, both good and bad, are worth experiencing. The more experiences a person has in their life, the more fulfilling their life becomes. Living a positive and happy life is especially great when facing adversity.

• The question is: Is it better to be alive or dead?

Is it nobler to put up with all the nasty things that luck throws your way, or to fight against all those troubles by simply putting an end to them once and for all? Dying, sleeping—that’s all dying is—a sleep that ends all the heartache and shocks that life on earth gives us—that’s an achievement to wish for. To die, to sleep—to sleep, maybe to dream. Ah, but there’s the catch: in death’s sleep who knows what kind of dreams might come, after we’ve put the noise and commotion of life behind us. That’s certainly something to worry about. That’s the consideration that makes us stretch out our sufferings so long. After all, who would put up with all life’s humiliations—the abuse from superiors, the insults of arrogant men, the pangs of unrequited love, the inefficiency of the legal system, the rudeness of people in office, and the mistreatment good people have to take from bad—when you could simply take out your knife and call it quits? Who would choose to grunt and sweat through an exhausting life, unless they were afraid of something dreadful after death, the undiscovered country from which no visitor returns, which we wonder about without getting any answers from and which makes us stick to the evils we know rather than rush off to seek the ones we don’t? Fear of death makes us all cowards, and our natural boldness becomes weak with too much thinking. Actions that should be carried out at once get misdirected, and stop being actions at all.

• Oh hell no it isn't worth getting up in the morning!

Is life really worth living? No!!! No way! Fighting depression, miserable people, unsolvable problems, and in the end when you try to help someone, they really don't want it. They just want the havoc! So how can a person really make a difference? The answer is they cannot! We are all setup to fail and that is just crap. Whoever our creator is, their action is showing them to be a ruthless and careless entity. Take a look at the Hummingbird. Incredible. Perfect animal. Don't try to tell me there isn't a creator!

It seems whoever created the human race (whoever god really is) is one mean miserable monster. Millions suffer from sadness and depression, animals tortured and abused, no real support system since everyone else is trying to get to the top of the crap pile instead of getting out of it. Where is our creator? I'm not talking about man made books, I am talking about real help! There is so much more that should have been done in life to help and educate the unfortunate, but since our creator wants us to hurt MORE then help, we're ruined already! You cannot fix life as you did not create it.

Sure you might have a great job, great mate, and all that... But just because you are riding the gravy train, it DOES NOT mean that everyone else is too.... In fact, this is a big planet with over 7 billion people suffering. Far more suffer and those who have it good seem to turn away and assume the downtrodden and depressed deserve it.

What the hell are we here for anyway on this planet?!? Misery! Why should a person put in effort if someone is just going to take it away from them? People who see the world as roses constantly deny that this is an evil place. Their attitude constantly says "Not my problem." - or - "Not a big deal." Yeah it is not a big deal because they don't have to worry about it. They live on easy street and don't want to hear it.

Life isn't a great ride. And if you think it is... Sadly, you're just one of "THEM". Life is horrible, full of pain and misery. You might just as well pick up a gun and shoot the unfortunate and depressed! Because your actions are doing the same, people. Not that anyone cares of course, you've all turned a blind eye and a deaf ear.

The only thing I (and others like me) can do is to take some relief in knowing life won't last forever. AND IF I feel like I need to take my own life, I will! I have a right to limit my misery and AS LONG AS NO ONE ELSE IS HURT in the suicide process, it is okay! NO, not even god has a right to torture its own creations. It is just sick and wrong. My life is my choice. It's not yours!

• Disappointment and Depression

Personally, I feel that I am nearly always being disappointed, as well as being the one who disappoints others...So why should life continue, seeing as an almost constant state of disappointment and depression is the only certainty that life can guarantee myself and others who expect nearly anything from me?

• No it is not,

Life is not worth a shot. If I was asked if I wanted to live I'd definetely say no. Life is live then die, even if you live happily you'll die and never exist again, so you won't remember. For people that believe in heaven, there's also hell, so you might go to hell instead of heaven, so you will suffer eternally.
    Why were we sent here? There's no answer, it's a "miracle". How was God created? How was the BigBang caused? And if there are any replies to those questions, I can turn the replies into more questions.
    So, no, life is not worth living. You can clearly see the results, most people believe life is not worth living, and many of the voters are not suicidal or depressed.
    So to whom whoever believes living is worth it, good for you, you at least believe in something I don't believe. But remember, life can and WILL stab you in the back someday.

• It doesn't feel like it.

I'd say I've had more than my fair share of awful life experiences. That's exactly my point. More than my fair share. How am I supposed to believe that life is worth living if I've not really had anything good happen yet? Am I just supposed to hold out for a "yet"? I honestly think that life is worth living for some but I just don't see the point if you're not happy. Nothing is worth doing if you're not happy and for a very long time I've felt anything but happy. Is being happy and occasionally having something go your way really that much to ask for? Okay, "Is life really worth living?" is a very morbid question but I put to you, do you really believe in a higher power who loves all creatures great and small and treats all equally when you're sat here contemplating the answer to this very question? Because I certainly don't.

• It's not worth living.

I personally believe that life isn't worth living. Sure, everyone suffers pains in life, but why? Why are we forced by God to suffer this death and despair? And just LOOK at our generation! More people are dying by the minute. And to those who say "Follow the golden rule", Karma isn't doing anything good for us. Plus, life will come to an end for everyone. Why strive to live if you will die eventually? It's not like there's any reward to life. Life is just a rollercoaster. Sure, it can be fun, but when you get off you realize it was pretty pointless.
    Then again, you can believe whatever you want. This is only my opinion, and you have the right to believe whether life is worth living or not. Besides, this IS coming from a gal with anxiety disorder and tons of suicidal thoughts.

• Everyone dies. We gain nothing at all after death.

Why live a life that leads us to death? If it's for the survival of humanity, then at all, it's not worth it. There's no point surviving when there's no 'end' to it, when something exist forever it's meaningless. In other words, if world end's true, there no point surviving ourselves to our death either. Plainly ridiculous.

• Everyone dies and we gain nothing after death.

Why live a life that leads us to death? If it's for the survival of humanity, then at all, it's not worth living. Our survival means nothing if there's no 'end' to it. In other words, if world's end is true there's no point surviving ourselves to the end either. Plainly ridiculous.

• You wont get anything from living a full life

When you find out that life is not as good as it seems, you start questioning if its really worth it... Cause sometimes you feel like "Why am I still here if I hate it" Have you ever been in a party and you hated it and everyone wanted you to stay, well that's what life is to some people. I find that If I died today no one in the world would care, maybe family for a while but humans forget and are selfish. Stuck with an awful race, why live this life.

• Mostly Loss, At Least For Me

I see people all of the time with lives that look "worth living", but it seems always to be those undeserving, ungrateful, and seemingly unaware of their charmed existence.

My personal experience is that one of starting life unjaded, with hope and faith in other people, but I'm living proof that a person cannot "make their own luck". Loss after loss. That's what life's been - my husband to an auto accident, my career, other loved family members, and now in the process of losing my home.

The above is personal. What the kicker is, is that life gives us youth. For a while, most of us are strong, healthy and full of hope. Then, after years of working to try to improve ourselves, life takes that away and the suffering of old age begins. The regrets, and the longing for what "once was" are all around. We tell our "old stories" only to find that they are meaningless to those around us, as we age.

Life has it's random moments of escape, and laughter, I realize. I believe in God, and when I was younger, I swear I could see his works all around me. As I've grown older, I wonder if he's just stopped caring, or turned his back on me.

Being out of a job gives one time to study, to gain a larger perspective of what is really happening in this world. I see far too much suffering, both mine and others, to believe that life is worth living, for most people.

For the randomly blessed, that handful of people out there with great jobs (heck, some of you were just born with money - so nice), caring families and loving partners - this isn't for you, and you really, really wouldn't understand unless you've been here.