• Life is Worth Living.

There is a reason why everyone is here. There is a reason why you are here and not someone else instead of you. Make the most of this life - the things that can make you smile. Learn and love; learn to love. You may think you aren't worth it, but life is worth it. The world is vast and big, there are many things to discover and search for. Open your eyes and your mind and you will see that there is a whole world before you. Before your own eyes.

• Shouldn't even have to be discussed

Life is a luxury given to us and should not be taken granted of. It is evident the majority of individuals on this website are evidently "luckier" than most of the population of the world and those who disagree that life is worth living are expressing their selfish and ungrateful nature.

• I said yes, but yet, I'm not quite shore.

Is it really worth living? I mean, if you believe in heaven, than why don't you just skip this life that makes you hurt and cry more times than it makes you smile and laugh? But if you don't believe in God than why do you think you are doing all this for? What do you tell yourself everyday to make yourself carry on? What do you hold on to? Because it's kind of worthless, a life. You live, you die, you're forgotten. 200 hundred years from now nobody will even know you were here. You are nothing to the world. Kind of ridiculous right? But yet, I said yes and I'm not shore why. Maybe the question is..Why not live it? Try to make the most of it? Hurt sometimes, but hold on to all the little things that make you smile. I believe that if it is worth living, love is the only thing that makes it like that. People I love are the reason I keep living every day even though I don't know my place in this world or the reason I'm here. Maybe it's not worth living, but I'm always gonna keep living it because of my loved ones.

• There isn't much of a point to live, but even less of a point to not live, so let's live.

Whether you live or not will not make much of a difference in this universe, or even on Earth (if you are a normal person. Some people really change things). We all started from tiny microscopic chemical bubbles that became single-cellular organisms that then evolved into multi-cellular organisms. Our world is petty, the little human system we created. Look at the vast universe. What is the point of anything existing? None! If it wasn't there, there will simply be nothing. There's nothing else to judge our universe for not existing/ existing, and even if there is, what if they didn't exist? What if there's nothing, then what would it matter if there was something? Only to the being confined in that something, but for all the other nothing, IT DOESN'T MATTER!
    On that note, what is the point of anything NOT existing? You can argue the point of the WHOLE UNIVERSE EXISTING, I guess, but there is no way to argue the point of the whole universe NOT existing. Same way there is not much reason to not live, so since you and me are alive (hopefully), why don't we just stay alive?

• Life is worth it.

Some people said life was useless and that there is no purpose. I believe that there is a purpose to live. I sometimes think : there is no point of life I am nothing this world is useless , but then I think there must be a purpose to life or why would there be life? Fun, love, hope, I know it sounds lame but it surrounds everything we do we go t school so we can go to work so we can make money so we can LIVE. W hat do you think makes everyone else tick? They all have a goal to strive for.

• Yes. Life is a cruel but gratifiying game.

There have been times in my life where I have quesioned the morality of the world and how so many bad things could happen to so many good people? But whenever I ask this question I find myself relaying back to the notion that life isn't fair and that not everyone has the equal oppurtunities that other people have, and in reflecting upon this fact I find myself more gratified at the prospect of life and all the immense oppurtunities that it presents. While other people's lives may be better or worse than your own, you still have the power in a limited but large way to help those who are less fortunate. This is what truly drives me to the notion that this game that we call life is worth living.

• When you were born...

When you were born, gravity pulled you down every time you stood up. When life didn't give you lemons, you cried. When everyone left you, you were alone. But what did you do? You stood. You laughed. You loved. Life might not mean anything to you now, but it meant a hell of a lot to that child who worked hard to get you were you are now. They grew up believing , they had dreams. Reality let the little you down, but that doesn't mean you have to. When you were born you had nothing but beliefs. So believe.

• Life sucks, But I want to live until the end.

Life may be a blessing to some people but for me and many people, it is a curse. I'm a merely 17 years old boy who were born with ADHD and a very short memory, which hinders my ability to learn. Life is hard since you always have to live up to people's expectation. You have to go to school, you have to get good grades, you have to grow up, you have to go to university, you have to work and if you don't...?

You will die

I hate my life. I can't do what I really wanted to do. I always escape to the world of video games and anime because it always take my mind off things. The world as it present in video games and anime is much more beautiful than real world. When bad things happens, some people always stands up for the right thing. While in real world I watch as about 5 people slip in front of me in my lunch queue. Some guy did say something to them but all he get was a laugh from everyone around him. Life is indeed a dark and nasty place.

Life sucks

So why don't I just kill myself ? I've been asking the same question again and again. Surely a strike to a carotid artery in your neck with sharp object will probably kill me quicker than someone could save me.

I still have hope.

Every cloud has a silver lining. Thousands of people may die from lightning trying to search for it but I'm willing to take that risk. I can kill myself any time if I ever became tired of my life. But once I stab myself in the neck there's no turning back. I wanted to continue living until I can't live anymore. I wanted to risk everything I had to see all the good that may come in the unforeseeable future. Life may be the worst thing that ever happened to me but that doesn't mean there's nothing good in it. It may sounded childish wishing for a 'happy ending'. But I will never know unless I tried

Perhaps... I will have a girlfriend one day :)

• It is hard but it is amazing.

I would love for this life to be all happy times, but if I couldn't make it past hard times then what gives me the right to complain. There people far less fortunate than me smiling right now. To them my problems are small and yet they smile. I believe life can be hard, but there are moments that are precious the first love, first child, true friends who will be with you till the end, and just those moments of wow. Those moments when you see something and you think wow that was amazing. That moment can be anything someone helping someone they don't know, something beautiful and amazing, or just the fact that we are even alive. Throughout you're life you'll make mistakes and people will be cruel but you can make it better. YOU have the ability to make life enjoyable. That is the true beauty of life, we can make it better.

• Linger a little while longer in this world maybe you'll find something of value

I said yes only because I feel it's the right thing to say, definitely not because I truly believe it myself. Personally I think everything in life, in this cursed world is pointless. Life is only good or great depending upon what country you're born in, what race you are and what gender you are. However, with all that being said one does not know what is to come after death and just about all religions agree that suicide is horribly wrong so I suppose rather than hastening getting to the end it's better to linger around living because there always the possibility of finding something worthwhile.

• The question is: Is it better to be alive or dead?

Is it nobler to put up with all the nasty things that luck throws your way, or to fight against all those troubles by simply putting an end to them once and for all? Dying, sleeping—that’s all dying is—a sleep that ends all the heartache and shocks that life on earth gives us—that’s an achievement to wish for. To die, to sleep—to sleep, maybe to dream. Ah, but there’s the catch: in death’s sleep who knows what kind of dreams might come, after we’ve put the noise and commotion of life behind us. That’s certainly something to worry about. That’s the consideration that makes us stretch out our sufferings so long. After all, who would put up with all life’s humiliations—the abuse from superiors, the insults of arrogant men, the pangs of unrequited love, the inefficiency of the legal system, the rudeness of people in office, and the mistreatment good people have to take from bad—when you could simply take out your knife and call it quits? Who would choose to grunt and sweat through an exhausting life, unless they were afraid of something dreadful after death, the undiscovered country from which no visitor returns, which we wonder about without getting any answers from and which makes us stick to the evils we know rather than rush off to seek the ones we don’t? Fear of death makes us all cowards, and our natural boldness becomes weak with too much thinking. Actions that should be carried out at once get misdirected, and stop being actions at all.

• Same thing day after day.....

For those fortunate few that never have to work or don't know what the real world is like and live in there little bubbles looking down there nose at everyone else, if these people have anything to complain about then wind your necks in. I'm 43 worked since 15 and still have nothing to show for it, I'm not extravagant don't believe in having the latest of anything or fashions as I'm not an idiot that gets sucked in to what tv or magazines tell me, like majority of this world. I don't drink or smoke (can't afford it) cannot take holidays, I'm sick to death of everyday being the same, you get up work, get paid and then struggle to meet all your bills so why do we do it? I know I am in control of my own life and can change it and I have tried numerous times and still end up back here. I do have luck and it's called bad luck my life does seem to be one failure after another and no matter how much I try it doesn't help. So yes idiots can believe in God as they really don't want to believe this is it there has to be something else after this life. My belief is, if there was a god why would he put people through life like this? Unless he must be evil!!! So my answer no life isn't worth it and if I had the balls I wouldn't be here anymore.

• Depression is ugly

Depression is ugly and it hurts. It takes away any bit of hope that you may have about leading a happy life. It is like a vacuum that sucks up all your energy, your love, your soul, the very reason why a person might ever want to live. I don't.

• The bad outweighs the good

Yes, there are moments of joy. However, they are short and overwhelmed by the day to day struggles we all have. Humanity isn't progressing when it comes to being more compassionate. We are driven by our individual egos which drives some to seek power and wealth. Once that is achieved the lack of compassion and ego driven desires cause those with wealth to make policy that keeps most of us in a form of slavery just trying to eek out a living.

• Life is Terrible

So you are born, yippee. You get to experience 100 whole years of life. You can be happy and sing and dance; and then you die. Goodbye, see ya sucker, you will never be thought about again. Maybe you will have some influence over some people for a couple years, and then our memory is gone. And that is just after life; during life is even worse. Your influence on just one city is so small why does it matter. Think about this, you are one person, with your own problems, in a town of 50,000. You live in a country of. 500,000, and a world of 7,000,000,000 people. 7,000,000,000 to 1. And that is just this one minuscule planet. Life isn't worth it.

• It's not worth it

If you were never been born it would not hurt anybody. I suffer from depression to me it's not worth it there is no light at the end of my tunnel. I'm not very close to people so I wouldn't be missed. Some people might, but in my opinion it's not worth it. Some people are close to many people or are popular, and people would notice them gone. In my life it is not worth it, so in my opinion life is not worth it

• Depends on Who's Living

Not depending on which person is living but depending on what of that person is living.
    Today my life is not worth living because there is a tenacious preoccupation with myself that is dominating my attention like a tooth-ache. So much dread about any discomfort this body could encounter. When I need a reason to live is when I've lost all reason. Life can't be about living because too many of us die. And it can't be about comfort because, most of the time, life is not comfortable.
    The fact that I die and life goes on can only mean that life is not for me any more than the ant I probably stepped on today.
    I am aligned with the wrong self when I ask this question and it wouldn't matter which side I put my answer on.
    If life was worth it then dying wouldn't be worth it, and if dying was worth it then living wouldn't be worth it. Either way, something unavoidable is guaranteed to not be worth it. Don't we want to get to a place where everything is worth it?
    Sorry no answer, I feel better though. Must go think about this.
    Denise

• A self-supporting cycle of misery

Every time you have to interact with another person, the likelihood is that the interaction will end up in disappointment. This ranges from them treating you badly immediately to being close to you for years and then stabbing you in the back. Because of this, all of us end up (subconsciously, if you are decent person) also doing the same to others, which causes the cycle of misery to go on.

If you decide to make an effort to minimise the disappointment you bring to other people as much as possible this would stop, right? Wrong, other people will detect your niceness and stab you even deeper in the back.

• Suffering and similar...

There is just so much suffering and other negatives, not just for other species but also for humans. I dont believe that even the persian king himself had many days better than a dreamless night. As the good Sokrates put it:

"...Either death is a state of nothingness and utter unconsciousness, or, as men say, there is a change and migration of the soul from this world to another. Now if you suppose that there is no consciousness, but a sleep like the sleep of him who is undisturbed even by the sight of dreams, death will be an unspeakable gain. For if a person were to select the night in which his sleep was undisturbed even by dreams, and were to compare with this the other days and nights of his life, and then were to tell us how many days and nights he had passed in the course of his life better and more pleasantly than this one, I think that any man, even the great king, will not find many such days or nights..."

- Plato; Apology

• It has no meaning.

Sorry to probably break a few hopes. But in this big huge universe we hardly affect anything with our small lives. There's no point having life in the world. The universe would function just fine without life. Once we die, who knows what happens? Possibly we go to heaven or hell. Then what? There no point. And if we die and completely cease to exist in any form then why do anything against all? Then we have cancer, trauma and basically you notice that literally everyone is a damn hypocrite around you. After death we'll be completely forgotten assuming anyone cares and remembers you now. What do we influence in our lives? Earth is so small compared to just Jupiter let alone the multiple galaxies in the universe. We can't change anything. We come into a world and die, leaving a world much worse than it was. Before you were born, you didn't exist at all. What difference does it make when one tiny miniature dust particle dies or lives anyways?