Is liking fat people a fetish? "liking slimmer girls is a preference,liking big girls is a fetish." As a chubby girl i felt offended.

Asked by: Trishtrish143
  • Technically speaking anything can be a fetish

Fetish: a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body ect.

By this definition pretty much any sexual preference that one feels strongly towards can be a fetish. Just because you are offended doesn't mean you're right. Also why would you be upset about someone having a fetish for you? That just seems irrational.

• It is really offensive

When i saw this i was really genuinely hurt. Like is this why it's so hard to find a boyfriend? Do guys find my weight revolting? I'm not like seriously huge but I'm big enough to be considconsidered fat. It is just so insane and frustrating. I'm young and i shouldn't have to feel in order for me to be liked i need a guy with low standards or a freaky fetish

• Cultural Norms and Preference is not a fetish

In the past, (Renaissance) "chubby" was the beauty ideal. Furthermore, as a man, I find skinny women very unattractive. My preference is for "thicker" and "chubbier" women. That is not a fetish any more than preferring one type of painting to another is. Furthermore, calling such a preference a "fetish" has the connotation of "unnatural" or that being attracted to "big girls" is not normal and that the man must have twisted motivations for doing so. I have always been naturally attracted to "big girls" and am proud to say so. In my opinion, a "skinny" or "petite" girl obsession is something far less healthy.

Vox_Veritas says2015-03-04T21:00:37.577
The unfortunate (for you) truth is that males generally find slim women attractive while they are less attracted to heavier women. Western males, at least. I think that historically there have been cultures that have found heavy women more attractive, but not in the year 2015.