• I think LP is alternative metal, songs include to keys to the kingdom, given up, blackout, wretches and kings, and catalyst

Some people say that Linkin Park is rock, some of it is, but not most of it, its early albums, Hybrid Theory, and Meteora, is rap rock and nu metal, in my honest opinion, its average genre is alternative metal, what bothers me is when people say it's pure rock, because thats not necessarily true

• No, linkin park is not metal.

“You have to be kidding me! Linkin park on the top metal tracks? They are not even metal!” And I am going to support this opinion. While many people consider them metal, they are technically not. They can throw up the horns all they want, but they are still only as heavy as Nickle back. These guys would be considered more of rap rock. Much different from metal. And you may argue, “YES THEY ARE METAL DERRR UR AN IDIOT HEHEHE” well, what do you mean by metal? Do you mean Heavy metal, death metal, nu metal, etc. While many people say that they are nu metal, the closest thing to “metal” that they have is modern rap metal. And a bunch of people consider it “poser metal” I would honestly agree with them, but I’m no elitist!

• No it's not.

Linkin park might be metal, it might not be, it's simply music. It's quite annoying to see lots of people trying desperately to categorize music, especially when the band in question has a unique style. Unfortunately this happens quite a lot with labels such as "metal" and "electronic". As for the person saying "some people say it's rock", metal is in fact a sub-genre of rock, so you will have to be more specific.