• Much easier to use

I had the privilege of being able to use a Ubuntu Linux for a few months or so before getting my Macbook Air. The Linux worked excellent, had a different yet easy interface, and was an enjoyable change. No internet explorer, gladly. It wasn't exactly fast, however... But I blame that on the Dell laptop. Now I use a Mac. Macs are much better.

• Free from Viruses, Cheaper

Linux, a free operating system, is mainly used by the minority of computer users. However, it is used freely and openly. The operating system itself is free with many applications and players that can be used easily and freely. Its system can easily be modified to suit the user, and it can also have many free apps. Viruses and spam are nearly nonexistent, due mainly to hackers targeting Windows. Furthermore, unlike Windows systems, which can cost more than a hundred dollars easily, Linux can easily be downloaded without charge.

• Program is self editable

Most Linux OS allows some form of programming changes. That is, Linux allows users to customize their OS to suit their needs and whims. On the other hand, Windows, although highly user-friendly, does not have the flexibility that open source OSes like Linux have. Thus I much prefer Linux to Windows.

• Muito bom mesmo

Ele ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffff fffffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff fffffffffff v

• Muito bom mesmo

• Linux is superior - end of discussion

I had two notebooks, work & personal with the same specifications. Windows took over 5 minutes to boot up while my Linux notebook was running in less than a minute. Never had a security issue with Linux, even when I tried (under controlled conditions for testing purposes).

FYI - I'm writing this on a Windows 10 notebook in a Microsoft store.

• Windows is Dumb User Friendly, Linux is Power User friendly

Main reason is that windows is designed for end users who would click and open a file like leaked%justin%biever%superphotos.Pdf.Exe and wonder why their computer is not working. Ever tried to setup a windows network? Windows is "easy" in the sense that you click a million things and they are semi-intuitive. On Linux you write a script(even if its a pain to create), that makes the life of everyone who works on IT so MUCH easier because once it works on one machine, it will work on all machines regardless of distro (given that you have the proper tools installed). Windows doesn't even come close to this kind of flexibility, sure powershell is in but it still needs a lot to catch up to (as of 2016) if it thinks it can compete to a more mature solution, like BASH.

• Easy install and operation

Grandson aged 7 came into my house with an ancient HP desktop and a smile on his face his mother following with screen and other bits. 10 minutes later it is assembled and rummaging in the cupboard found the Linux Mint disc. Now at the age of 14 everything that can be done on LM 17.2 is done on the old HP. Everything

• Simple Fast Efficient

Windows user interface is just too complicated. Ubuntu has a much easier to use interface. Its interface is simple , it does what you expect it to do.
    Ubuntu finds most drivers out of the box.Unlike windows which downloads most drivers.If you have a FUP based internet using windows is like living in hell.

• Linux, Absolutely Yes

I just switched to Linux from Windows 8 and it is, by far, the most important decision I have ever made in my technological life. Its much faster on the same hardware, updates are easy and fast, and 10x more secure than Windows. All for free.

What's more, you can tweak it to your tastes and just change anything you don't like. Awesome stuff.

Windows is a mediocre OS compared to Linux but its superior in gaming and has better design tools (for now) so you're pretty much stuck with it if you're in that category.

• More users, more attention.

Linux isn't used by nearly as many people as Windows.
    So Linux does not get the same amount of attention as Windows does.
    This means that Windows will have more tech support, more forums for help topics, more software updates, and more software in general.
    Linux isn't a large corporation like Windows so they can't afford to fund a huge team of tech support like Windows can so if your OS bugs out with Linux, oh well.
    Your fault for not being intelligent.

• Depends on the person but for the majority of people no

''linux doesn't have viruses'' actually it does, it simply doesn't have as many, do you know why? Because the majority of computer users use WINDOWS, once the majority uses linux there will be significantly more viruses if not as much as on windows simple as that.

''linux starts faster'' oh yeah that whopping like 10 second difference, unless you have to do something life saving on your pc that 10 seconds will not matter.

''it crashes less frequently'' if you actually properly use your pc it will barely even crash, used windows vista for 6 years, windows 8 for 4 years, windows xp for 5 years and I've had a total of about 10 crashes.

Linux is cheaper yes that's true, then again if you buy a computer there, most of the time, already is windows installed on it.

• Windows actually works

I've given Linux its fair shot, but each time it's failed, hard. This last time was Linux Mint Cinnamon 18. I burned a live USB to try to rehab an old laptop. Initial boot to Mint, and of course Wi-Fi doesn't work, because it's Linux, why would I expect it to work out of the box. Luckily, I'm able to plug in an ethernet connection, so I try driver manager to install the missing driver. That fails, so I try to open the terminal to run it manually. Terminal won't launch. Some consultation with people on IRC leads to the suggestion to try installing xterm. I try doing that, but package manager keeps crashing, so I switch to Synaptic. Look for broken packages, fix those, try the various installs, etc. on Synaptic, they all fail, Synaptic starts crashing. Rage quit for the day.

Next day, reformat the USB, reload the ISO with UNetbootin, try again. Still no Wi-Fi, but the terminal will launch now, and package manager and Synaptic seem stable. Progress of a sort. Run driver manager to attempt to install the driver for the wireless card, but no matter how many times it's run, it never takes. Reformat the USB again, reload the ISO again, allocate more storage for persistence. Try running some updates before running Driver Manager. That made a difference. Now, not only does Linux Mint not see the wireless card, it doesn't see the NIC card either, so I now have no internet connectivity at all now, instead of just no wireless internet.

I've got no more time to waste with this, which is par for the course with my past Linux experience. Just getting it to work is a giant time suck, and I've easily spent more time troubleshooting Linux in the past week than I've spent troubleshooting Windows in the past year, and my productive use of out Linux is exactly zero minutes.

• IT is false to say that one is better than another.

You can run windows 7 and later for free for as long you want just have to press ok on the warning on the boot after the first month

You can develop under windows for free, just install visual studio 2013 express, it is easy to programs with auto completion and easy to find help on the web and the result is good looking without much trouble.
    You can't sell your software, but Linux developer rarely sell them anyway
    If you want to sell, well there is a licence to pay but the income potential is just as great or even bigger because it will reach lot more of end users.

For some Linux driver you'll have to wait sometime MANY years before you can have a driver if they ever come out, my 12 years old P4 board still don't have the driver for the sis chipset
    Could you point me a piece of hardware not supported in windows these day that is supported in Linux, i am not talking old Windows XP, look at windows 7 8 or 10

How much time did I took to make sure our Linux development server was secure... Put that time on a windows server same result as secure as Linux, even get a better feeling of security under windows knowing the software I use have not been develop by a hacker planning nicely hide back door, Windows security hole are probably identified much faster meaning the correction get in faster also because they have the team dedicate to it.

If you go deeper in the windows logs you will see that it is as complete as linux log, you can talk to a windows server admin to see the deep of it

Android is Linux base and is the worst of all for virus and spyware infection and under protected system, I pinpoint one in "distro" in particular, but if there is a movement of people moving to Linux that is big enough the virus programmers will be around the corner. The main way virus get to your machine these day are thought webpage, java and flash which run also in Linux.

People often compare Linux server with windows web browsing workstation which is wrong to compare, compare a windows server instead and you will see by default on windows server is as secure

don't take me wrong I thought for a long time Linux was better but Linux have also their weak points.
    All depend what is your need and what is your actual computer knowledge is.

I prefer to see my 20 option in a blink of an eye on a nice windows interface than take 20 hours to learn the 20 Linux command line

Lot of the flame war that go between Linux and windows are base on OLD fact that are not up to date with the current state
    I try to keep an open mind and will continue to use the 2 for different needs

• Compatibility, Central Management, Ease of Use, Updates might break everything

My headline stands for the whole article. Linux have great compatibility issues. There are still many hardware components that't just won't work with it. There are many programs that won't work with linux. But the most frustrating of all is that a program that works with the X release of a linux distro might not work with the next release of it. It has happened to me and many others.

And too many distro's. I mean why? Really why? One distro is good at one thing, another is at the other. Why should they be separate? And why should I know which distros belong to which Project so I know which solution fits for my distro and which not? Just ridiculous...

Ease of use. Come on admit it. Linux for the past many years are trying desperately to look like Windows. Because windows are EASIER!!!

And finally updates. Updates may really just plain crash everything. It has happened to me. In windows you wait the service packs to fix some problems. In Linux you just avoid doing upgrades in fear something might later not work (or even the whole system).

And I am a professional programmer myself in case you think I'm just a noob windows user.