Is listening to screamo changing people's attitudes?

• Yes, it is counterculture.

Yes, listening to screamo is changing people's attitudes, because it makes people more aggressive. This type of music is not mainstream, and it makes people believe that acting aggressively is normal behavior. A person's mind is like a computer, and they will start to repeat the behaviors that they see. This type of music is making people angrier and aggressive.

• No it does not

I myself listen to what people call "screamo". It in no way influences the way I act or how I perceive things. In fact most people who find out I listen to the kind of music are shocked. I'm a good student and I have loving relationships with friends and family and I still continue life like normal so no it doesn't have an affect on me. It's your choice whether or not you want to change your attitude. Music in no way changes it for you

• Attitudes to Heavy Music are changing rapidly

Heavy Music (or screamo as it is sometimes incorrectly termed) is still considered taboo by the majority of society, however recent lyrical and behavioral themes used by Metalcore and Post-Hardcore groups are helping to 'commercialize' metal, which is both a good and bad thing. Most people claim that commercializing metal to fit a certain image is turning the once hallowed genre into nothing more than bubble-gum pop with harsh vocals, these bands are changing attitudes to the genre in general. Bands with positive lyrical content such as blessthefall, Amity Affliction and Parkway Drive are paving the way for youngsters to start getting into heavy music, which believe it or not, is actually healthy for young, hormone-driven teens.

• It changes your mood!

The heavy metal screamo music I love changes my mood constantly. Its fast paced electric guitar keeps me energetic and makes me want to scream myself. It may also be sad if I listen to the lyrics, eventually I start thinking.; I convince myself that I'm not alone because the song gives me HOPE AND MOTIVATION to love myself for who I am. <3

• Yes but not in the sense where people are hurting each other

It changes their attitude towards society and see all the kind of bullshit that goes on in our life and most of their songs sing about women being a person of comfort and respecting them to their highest points and not like rap where they promote drugs, women as objects, getting high, and weapons in gang violence.

• Research Suggests it Actually Positively Affects a Person's Behaviour

Many people see that this music causes all kinds of anger issues and things of that calibre, but on the contrary, it actually causes calmer attitudes, as it doesn't so much promote anger as help to process and get rid of.
    Before calling me out on this and telling me I'm wrong, this was actually part of a study by the University of Queensland, Australia.
    Https://www.Uq.Edu.Au/news/article/2015/06/head-banging-tunes-can-have-same-effect-warm-hug

• Screamo does change

Screamo helps people get threw hard times because they know that if someone else made it threw life that they can too they have someone to look up to that certain artist. Message me on facebook my facebook is Harley Allison i have a rainbow picture i need some help with this argument please!

• Screamo does change

• Music can influence how a person feels

Hello and thank you all for taking the time to read this post. This post lists some of the experiences that I've observed over the years.

I have a friend named Chris with moderate anxiety/depression who tells me that listening to Screamo helps to calm him down when he's stressed out. What I've observed that he's just beginning to realize is that by always listening to Screamo you allow yourself to perseverate on your negative emotions more than you have to. I've noticed that individuals who play and listen to Screamo are generally more aggressive and easier to agitate. The reason why this sub-genre stays a minority in popular culture is because most "normal" people are able to handle their emotions more effectively than the culture who listens to this genre. Screamo does not promote or encourage positive thinking.

So... Why does my friend not listen to happier more uplifting music when he's stressed out like I do? I don't know. BUT - I just had a funny thought - what would happen if my friend listened to John Lennon and reflected on "Imagine's" lyrics instead of something that perseverates on negative emotions? When I have an issue I don't want to channel my anger out into angry music and continue to do so, I want constructive reflection on how to deal with life - the solution.

• They seem depressed

They look like they want to kill sombody also this word count thing is soooo o o oo oo o oo o o oooooohhhhhhhh oo o oo o oo o o oo o o o o o oo o o o o o o o o o HA I HAVE CHEATED YOUR SYSTEM!!

• It most certainly does NOT

Many scientists diverge in opinion but I have to go with the one that makes more sense to me and that is that neither heavy music or screamo have negative repercussions in people's atitudes. In a SANE person, I mean. It does affect us emotionally, though. But even that is harmless due to great part of this effects being benevolent. This is a decision that requires a great amount of research for this provides you with a more racional and stronger point of view. To make a racional decision one must be aided by logic and facts (so to apply the logical process). If you have any doubt, get some background check on the matter... As I have

• I listen to screamo everyday.

I listen to metal, screamo and such everyday whenever I want. Metal and screamo actually makes me calmer than more aggressive. I go about my day, listening to bands such as The Amity Affliction, Architects and Bring Me The Horizon, and I finish homework faster, and I can fall asleep and wake up to screamo.

• Not all screamo is negative

I listen to solely Christian metal/ that promotes God's word, deals with everyday problems and struggles, and if nothing else it makes me happy! That's not to say that some screamo doesn't drag people down emotion wise, there is screamo about Satan or songs that promote drugs, or talks about killing and such, but most screamo is nothing like that. https://youtu.be/OuDMvSH6u68
    http://youtu.be/WYeln8lUYW4 try these out!

• Research actually states the opposite

• "screamo" helps people

Music cannot make someone act a certain way, but the way a song sounds or feels to a person can have positive effects on their mood and behavior. Implying that a certain type of music can make someone act violently is completely ridiculous. Many people that listen to this genre are suffering with mental issues or some other struggle, and this type of music can really make a difference for the better in their lives by showing that they aren't alone in how they feel and that it's okay to be sad.

• It doesn't change me

I listen to metalcore post hardcore and deathcore so I couldn't say anything for this "screamo" garbage but I believe we all make our own choices, people blaming music takes the finger away from them so they will do it so they can feel better about themselves and the people like them

• Some people just like how it sounds

I am not depressed and I'm rarely angry or sad and I regularly listen to screamo music. It makes me feel calm and happy, sometimes even energetic. I enjoy different genres of music; rock, alternative, indie rock, some pop, metalcore, heavy metal and the list goes on. It's just another style of music that people enjoy and just like pop doesn't make you popular screamo doesn't make you angry or have a bad attitude or whatever people think. I used to hate how it sounds but now love it.

• No, like with anything it's how you perceive things in life.

Yes I've gone through a lot of issues in my life, and when bad things started I didn't listen to that sort of music and I felt like no one understood and I was alone then my best friend introduced me to these sorts of music and it gave me hope and it made me feel less like I was just a freak of nature that, it showed me that I'm not alone and that I don't have to be this way if I didn't want to. It showed me that we all have choices and it shows me that just because bad things happen when your a child doesn't mean you let it stop you from achieving your dreams and help others, by showing them through music like metal, that you can't let things that upset you got in the way. Personally I think they worked so hard to get where they are and now they are inspirations to loads of teenagers and adults, like myself they made me turn away from running away and hiding away from my issues and letting it take over me until I died (intentional or not) it made me face what was going on in my life and accept it was happening, it made me snap out of self pitty and I told my parents and got a lot of help.So honestly it helped me and I believe by all my research lots of others. Everything in this world isn't all good, we all have faults and I fully understand that but that doesn't mean it's not good at all. If we lived in fear of things that have caused harm to a person we wouldn't be living at all.

• It's your choice.

If anyone didn't want to be affected by certain types of music they wont. Music is a way of expressing yourself and people should not be patronized because what kind of music they listen to. Sometimes people just need to hear screamo to loosen up and relax a little bit.