Is listening to screamo changing people's attitudes?

• Yes, it is counterculture.

Yes, listening to screamo is changing people's attitudes, because it makes people more aggressive. This type of music is not mainstream, and it makes people believe that acting aggressively is normal behavior. A person's mind is like a computer, and they will start to repeat the behaviors that they see. This type of music is making people angrier and aggressive.

• No it does not

I myself listen to what people call "screamo". It in no way influences the way I act or how I perceive things. In fact most people who find out I listen to the kind of music are shocked. I'm a good student and I have loving relationships with friends and family and I still continue life like normal so no it doesn't have an affect on me. It's your choice whether or not you want to change your attitude. Music in no way changes it for you

• Attitudes to Heavy Music are changing rapidly

Heavy Music (or screamo as it is sometimes incorrectly termed) is still considered taboo by the majority of society, however recent lyrical and behavioral themes used by Metalcore and Post-Hardcore groups are helping to 'commercialize' metal, which is both a good and bad thing. Most people claim that commercializing metal to fit a certain image is turning the once hallowed genre into nothing more than bubble-gum pop with harsh vocals, these bands are changing attitudes to the genre in general. Bands with positive lyrical content such as blessthefall, Amity Affliction and Parkway Drive are paving the way for youngsters to start getting into heavy music, which believe it or not, is actually healthy for young, hormone-driven teens.

• It changes your mood!

The heavy metal screamo music I love changes my mood constantly. Its fast paced electric guitar keeps me energetic and makes me want to scream myself. It may also be sad if I listen to the lyrics, eventually I start thinking.; I convince myself that I'm not alone because the song gives me HOPE AND MOTIVATION to love myself for who I am. <3

• Screamo is a strange way of expressing yourself

Surely, one cannot enjoy listening to people scream. However, from speaking to someone who enjoys this type of music, I've heard that it releases emotions such as anger. In this way screamo encourages showing violence in the wrong way which won't help anyone who listens to this genre of music in society. Screamo is also quite disturbing. I believe that listening to someone scream is not good for you in anyway. I also think that it isn't fair that people get paid to scream into a microphone. If I was against this argument, believe you me, I would find myself a record producer and become an artist too. Screamo is also satanic, as a Christian I don't think that this music is appropriate but also for anyone. I don't think that listening to music is an expression but creating music.

• Yes but not in the sense where people are hurting each other

It changes their attitude towards society and see all the kind of bullshit that goes on in our life and most of their songs sing about women being a person of comfort and respecting them to their highest points and not like rap where they promote drugs, women as objects, getting high, and weapons in gang violence.

• Research Suggests it Actually Positively Affects a Person's Behaviour

Many people see that this music causes all kinds of anger issues and things of that calibre, but on the contrary, it actually causes calmer attitudes, as it doesn't so much promote anger as help to process and get rid of.
    Before calling me out on this and telling me I'm wrong, this was actually part of a study by the University of Queensland, Australia.
    Https://www.Uq.Edu.Au/news/article/2015/06/head-banging-tunes-can-have-same-effect-warm-hug

• Screamo does change

Screamo helps people get threw hard times because they know that if someone else made it threw life that they can too they have someone to look up to that certain artist. Message me on facebook my facebook is Harley Allison i have a rainbow picture i need some help with this argument please!

• Screamo does change

• Music can influence how a person feels

Hello and thank you all for taking the time to read this post. This post lists some of the experiences that I've observed over the years.

I have a friend named Chris with moderate anxiety/depression who tells me that listening to Screamo helps to calm him down when he's stressed out. What I've observed that he's just beginning to realize is that by always listening to Screamo you allow yourself to perseverate on your negative emotions more than you have to. I've noticed that individuals who play and listen to Screamo are generally more aggressive and easier to agitate. The reason why this sub-genre stays a minority in popular culture is because most "normal" people are able to handle their emotions more effectively than the culture who listens to this genre. Screamo does not promote or encourage positive thinking.

So... Why does my friend not listen to happier more uplifting music when he's stressed out like I do? I don't know. BUT - I just had a funny thought - what would happen if my friend listened to John Lennon and reflected on "Imagine's" lyrics instead of something that perseverates on negative emotions? When I have an issue I don't want to channel my anger out into angry music and continue to do so, I want constructive reflection on how to deal with life - the solution.

• Take it from someone who is known for their kindness.

Only few people know I listen to screamo. Everyone that knows is deeply shocked, because I'm known as an extremely nice, selfless person. So be careful about judging people. You may think you know enough about a person by their music taste, but they say "don't judge a book by it's cover" for a reason. Not everything is what it seems. Some people need different things to cope. Everyone is different and everyone's music taste is different. We all have different things that calm us, and for some people it's hard core music.

• It most certainly does NOT

Many scientists diverge in opinion but I have to go with the one that makes more sense to me and that is that neither heavy music or screamo have negative repercussions in people's atitudes. In a SANE person, I mean. It does affect us emotionally, though. But even that is harmless due to great part of this effects being benevolent. This is a decision that requires a great amount of research for this provides you with a more racional and stronger point of view. To make a racional decision one must be aided by logic and facts (so to apply the logical process). If you have any doubt, get some background check on the matter... As I have

• I listen to screamo everyday.

I listen to metal, screamo and such everyday whenever I want. Metal and screamo actually makes me calmer than more aggressive. I go about my day, listening to bands such as The Amity Affliction, Architects and Bring Me The Horizon, and I finish homework faster, and I can fall asleep and wake up to screamo.

• Not all screamo is negative

I listen to solely Christian metal/ that promotes God's word, deals with everyday problems and struggles, and if nothing else it makes me happy! That's not to say that some screamo doesn't drag people down emotion wise, there is screamo about Satan or songs that promote drugs, or talks about killing and such, but most screamo is nothing like that. https://youtu.be/OuDMvSH6u68
    http://youtu.be/WYeln8lUYW4 try these out!

• Research actually states the opposite

• "screamo" helps people

Music cannot make someone act a certain way, but the way a song sounds or feels to a person can have positive effects on their mood and behavior. Implying that a certain type of music can make someone act violently is completely ridiculous. Many people that listen to this genre are suffering with mental issues or some other struggle, and this type of music can really make a difference for the better in their lives by showing that they aren't alone in how they feel and that it's okay to be sad.

• It doesn't change me

I listen to metalcore post hardcore and deathcore so I couldn't say anything for this "screamo" garbage but I believe we all make our own choices, people blaming music takes the finger away from them so they will do it so they can feel better about themselves and the people like them