• Personal experience, logic>emotion

I have made some pretty stupid decisions based on emotions which i deeply regret. I will not go into the details, but i know that if I had used logic, things would have turned out differently, and for the better. That said, a world without emotion would be boring but a world without logic would be a catastrophe.

• Are you serious?

So are you really going to make a decision based on how you feel instead of what is the right decisions logically? That's why the homeless man spends his money on the liquor store instead of food. That's why women are so irrational in who they are attracted to. It is what it is. If you don't respect logic as the underlying formula for decision making you are simply an idiot.

• Dont confuse emotion witg morality.

Logic does not mean to disregard emotion. That would be illogical because emotion exists. Jt just means to not let how you feel if you are angry ir vengeful ir overexcited dictate your actions, but the fact of the situation. Being logical does not make you "cold." you can still have empathy for others and do what is the most beneficial for the most people.

• Logic is Stronger than Emotion

If you were in a professional debate, would you enter and speak through proof, logic and reason, or try to win the debate through emotions and feelings? Obviously, the person who provided the evidence would win the debate.
    Metaphorically speaking, the brain is the person getting up and doing something while the heart is the person sitting down and praying.

• Logic is Survival

A person with only emotions wouldn't be able to live very long, he wouldn't possess the knowledge to make the right choices ti live. A person with only logic may not feel anything but would live much longer because he has the ability to actually think about the smarter decision. In that aspect, if I could choose to only one then logic would be my friend.

• Ultimately Yes But It's Not That Simple

Ok look, ultimately, yes, it is superior. According to Maslow's hierarchy of needs the bottom two levels of the pyramid can be obtained using logic, and yet not with emotion. The first two levels of the pyramid are physiological needs (sleep and food and water and physical needs) and the second is safety (health, safety of the body, etc.). Seeing as they can both be obtained using logic yet not with emotion, then I believe logic is better.

ON THE OTHER HAND. As far as a normal everyday life goes, logic and emotion compliment each other. For example, technology, a product of logic, can't be enjoyed without emotion, enjoyment being a product of emotion. If we didn't have logic we would all be very depressed as there would be no technology and we'd still be in the stone age, maybe happy with our lives, maybe not I couldn't tell you, but I can tell you without logic there would be no science and without science life would be pretty hard and boring. No wheels. Think about it. You can't be happy with only one, and any lack of one leads to a problem with the other. They're equal in that respect but ultimately, when considering the hierarchy of needs, logic is dominant.

• Because logical and facts based decisions will remain constant.

I believe logic should trump emotions. For example, if something is factual, it is tested and proven by many scientists who specializes in that field. So, you can save time and resources by not having to go through the same trial and error. Therefore, it would be logical to accept the result of this finding and utilize it to gain competitive advantage. When you decide through the use of emotions, this will not be helpful to you, because there is nothing that holds it down, there wouldn't be anything that will justify your decision. At the same time, you will be burdened by the anxiety, asking yourself if you actually made the right decision.

• Logic supersedes Emotion

Logic and emotion are not equally reliable paths to truth. Logic is the more reliable path to truth. When emotion supersedes logic you get things like conspiracy theories and to another extreme pedophilia. We need to rely on an evidence based reasoning system(logic) if our species is going to survive.

• Because Logic is a good rapper and I haven't heard a beat from Emotion

The rapper Bobby Tarentino, more commonly known as Logic, has risen in popularity over the last 1-2 years. Some of his most well known songs are: Fade Away, Slave, Alright, and Till the End. I have never heard a song from Emotion and have never heard about him going on tour. Logic is by far a better rapper than Emotion

• Vm,,nbnbmmmm k jj

A a a a a aaa aa a a a a a a a dc cd fd dc d cd c d fc cf c cs c c ssc dsdc d c d dd d dd cs d dd da a add w d ds dd edded dxs ded d

• Emotions created logic.

@ Theeunkown Actually, it is the opposite, a world without emotion would be catastrophic.
    "I have made some pretty stupid decisions based on emotions which i deeply regret." Even right now the motivation for your answer to be logic is emotion as you've stated yourself.
    "Good, bad, catastrophe, stupid,regret..." those are all words that represent our emotions.
    "A world without emotion would be boring" This is not true, for we would not know what "boring" even feels like or even is, in a world of logic.
    Hunger, the need to eat. Logic is not what drives you to eat.
    Survival, Life is what drives you to eat.
    The word "need" is emotion at its most raw state. It is that need that drives us to live, eat, reproduce.
    Reproduce, it's called making "love" for a good reason. We are the product of "love" so we would not exist if it weren't for "love" "Passion" "lust" If not, it would be called making "thought". If we did not have emotion, We wouldn't be able to exist at all. There would be no motivation to do or be anything.
    "Logic" is just a tool we use to "focus" our emotions. It is the "knife sharpener". Whilst emotion is the "knife".

• Emotions created logic.

• It's called Wise Mind.

The combination of both the logical/reasonable mind and emotional/feeling mind is what helps create the yin yang of decision making. Wise Mind is what therapists and others call a DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy) skill. DBT is a special type of cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy that was developed around the late 1980's to help treat borderline personality disorder, but was later adopted to be used for many types of mental health disorders (1). It was created by psychologist Marsha M. Linehan whose primary research revolves around borderline personality disorder. DBT is the combination of behavioral science and Buddhism concepts (2).
    I have had first hand experience with this type of therapy and I strongly believe it benefits everyone.

(1) http://psychcentral.com/lib/an-overview-of-dialectical-behavior-therapy/0001096
    (2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsha_M._Linehan

• We Need Them Both

None is better than the other. Logic is good in places where you need to use wit to get out of problems. Conversely, emotions are good at helping us decide somtheing-example: I won't murder because the other person would feel pain and I'd feel guilty. Empathy is what binds us together! Logic helps solve some things, but emotions are what makes things mean SOMETHING to us!

• It makes us who we are

I know to many people that make decisions in the moment and then go back and think about it and realize that it was stupid. People get blinded by their emotions and it'll make you think irrationally. Logic is what helps us think through what we are about to say or do in a situation. Emotions help us see all the good in life as well as all of the bad. It is logic that helps us process it and know how to differentiate it. We need both to live and survive and to be who we are.

• This is completely obsolete

Emotions and logic are equal, the only reason I voted yes is because I had to put my opinion somewhere. All things mind, and all living things in your body work for a higher purpose. We need emotions and logic, better yet we need neither, but they are both useful traits that many people would be devastated for them to be taken away

• Not saying emotion is better than logic either; First we must define "logic" and "emotion"

What counts as "emotion"? Ask 10 different people you'll get 10 different answers. At its broadest definition "emotion" would include anytime you have an opinion on anything. Even if your opinion is based in logic then it's logically connected to some sort of end that you are emotionally invested in. However I've seen people define "emotion" down to smaller parameters. When scientists talk about "emotion" in the brain they rarely bother specifying how they defined "emotion" for the study, what they counted and what they didn't count as "emotion".

Using the broadest definition possible it is impossible to have no emotions unless you are catatonic (and even then there may be emotional reasons why you are just sitting still not speaking or moving all the time, though one could be catatonic and the reason could just be that they aren't motivated to do anything)! Even if you are apathetically doing things thinking "I'll do X because sure why not" it can still be said to constitute an emotion in favor of "X" just not one that's very intense.

However without logic, say you had no logic at all you could want X but always fail at figuring out the best way of obtaining it. Of course to be 100% void of logic a person would have to be severely retarded. Though even that statement depends on what we're counting as "logic".