Is long-term unemployment the biggest crisis in America?

• economic problems destroy countries

While abortion and general morality of societies are big issues they do not make or break countries. Economic problems can and do destroy nations. If economic problems destroy a nation there is no government (nation, laws) to stop issues of morality. The first concern of a nation has to be surviving which is based on economic prosperity

• Yes long-term unemployment is the biggest crisis in America

I think that it can be argued that as of right now that long-term unemployment is the worst crisis facing America. The housing market is also bad right now, but with so many people out of jobs I think that it is worsening the economy as no money is being saved or spent due to a lack of people not working.

• United Federation of Earth, eh?

Http://unemploymentisgood.Wordpress.Com/tag/economic-utopia/

If robots are taking over, why would it be bad? Less hours needed to work. The problem is everyone still needs to work 40+ hours to buy food and stuff. Why not have a universal basic income or a weekly can o' beans or pound o' meat, if you dont wanna give people arbitrarily money? To get more than just enough to survive on, you work.

• No, unemployment is not the biggest crisis in America.

While it is very relevant to our way of life, there are things worse going on in America. First, we have all these senseless murders going on. Mothers are killing children, crazy people are shooting up schools, and disgruntled immigrants are bombing peaceful marathons. Above that, the homeless is rampant in America. I know this ties into unemployment, but the amount of people living on the streets or shelters is overwhelming. I understand the United States wanting to help others, but they don't WANT our help, and we need it right here in our own backyard.

While is is very relevant to our way of life, there are things worse going on in America. First, we have all these senseless murders going on. Mothers are killing children, crazy people are shooting up schools, and disgruntled immigrants are bombing peaceful marathons. Above that, the homeless is rampant in America. I know this ties into unemployment, but the amount of people living on the streets or shelters is overwhelming. I understand the United States wanting to help others, but they don't WANT our help, and we need it right here in our own backyard.

• That's hard to answer.

The only reason I say "no" is that this is a difficult thing to quantify. Unemployment is obviously a huge and quite serious issue in our country, even if it is not the biggest, it needs to be resolved. One could make the argument that other issues are even more serious, though.

• No, but it's a crisis.

Unemployment may not be the biggest crisis in American, but for those who are unemployed, it is their biggest crisis, and so it impacts us all and continues to need attention. It's impossible to say what is the biggest crisis in America when it comes to problems that have existed for some time.