• yes, Love is a choice.

If Love wasn't a choice then that would make all parents, siblings, man-wife marriages and close friends liars because they don't feel to love the others. They love by choice. The actions, sacrifices self-willingness, and things they do show that they love the other person. Despite the fact that yes, those specifics that I mentioned make mistakes because that is their very nature as well as mine, but that does not mean one does not love. Feelings come with marriage more than anything that is great for them! Not for dating/courting couples, although those feelings will be there does not mean that you rally love them could really be simply "blind-love" as they call it now a days.. Love is a choice not a feeling, not an emotion and not anything sexual (unless its in marriage between a man and a woman).

• Love is not a feeling.

My opinion is solely based from being a Christian and the definition of Love from the bible. It tells what is love and what is not love. I just look at humans here on earth and have observed how we distort and twist words, actions and justified to the point of 'Right is wrong' and 'Wrong is right'.

• Love is a choice, clearly here's why:

Let's make it simple, as a vegan, I don't eat anything that comes from animals. I do this because I love animals and don't like the cruelty they're out through for humans to eat them. And this is because I CHOOSE to love them. Not because I feel a "burning sensation" for them?? Idiots.

• Love is a choice, clearly here's why:

• True love is a decision

Any so called love based of feelings is called infatuation and is always short lived. Infatuation is based on a certain trait the other person has and due to any reasons that trait is destroyed... That love dies and its not true love. True Love is a decision or choice

• Love is a Choice

It is a choice because you can't have a feeling of love except for food or other items but when it comes to love if you actually care about someone you will fight through the hard times and work through your differences even if they don't make sense because that is how you decide if you love the person or not.

• Just like choosing a dog out of the litter

You fall in love with the dog as soon as you see it. You choose that dog over all the others. Just like you choose to love someone. You choose to work through your problems. You wake up each morning and get to make the conscious choice of whether or not you want to make something work out, just like you get to choose to love

• You're undeniably stupid if you're actually considering love as a CHOICE

You know how we have this list in our heads where we mentally write down what we could possibly want in someone we'll happen to fall in love with?? That is proof that love isn't, as a matter of fact, a choice. We write down or own preferences, carefully planning the perfect guy or the perfect girl and where you'll meet and how and why when in reality, you'll find that person in the most unexpected time and place and occurrence. You never really know what you want until it's there, standing in front of you, laughing about some joke you said, and you'll realize my my my, if someone asked you if you think you'd end up with that person a month ago you'd laugh. But here you are, approximately 4 inches away from him/her and you think to yourself, "I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but in this moment."

You're welcome HAHAHAHAHA

• Starts as feeling ends as choice

I am in relationship for past 3 months.Suddenly few weeks back i FELT nothing for her and panicked. But i guess this was end of infatuation for me.In panic i broke up and i patched up again after 1.5-2 weeks later.I felt the same way like before. But i guess you CHOOSE to love your partner.Just like you would choose to love your son one day no matter how stubborn he is or gets annoying.

• It starts out as a feeling and is completed as a choice.

I'm falling right now, saw this girl, had some butterflies and now she has them too. This will all dicipate, it cannon be kept up at this pace. The choice is to stay when the feelings of newness/novelty fade, which they will. People "in love" will get the roller coaster boost of good feeling now and then, but not constantly. Therefore it might not be a choice at the begging, but I feel Infatuation is a trigger that leads to love, but a choice is made somewhere in there to keep it going. :)

• I don't think the distinction is real

I believe that love is a feeling, however, I completely reject the notion that our emotions are somehow beyond our ability to control. This is an excuse people use to justify inappropriate behavior without accepting personal responsibility. You can decide to be miserable, you can decide to be happy. Just the same you can decide to be miserable or happy with someone specific. If we can't choose how to feel about something, I would doubt that free will exists at all.

• I believe that love is a feeling.

Couples marry because they love each other and had FELT love at first, obvious. This is just my opinion, and this is what I believe love is. I dont think feeling love is a selfish thing, because if you actually feel love for someone, you would want to bring that love to action, such as caring for them, showing that you love them, you wouldnt want to hurt them, etc. But, if someone only cared about their feelings and themselves more than their partner`s, then I dont think that they ever LOVED their partner. If you really feel love for this person then you would not want to care about your own feeling, but care about your partner`s feeling. Therefore, by doing that you bring that into action because you would want your partner to know that they are being loved and cared for, you would want to make sure that they are feeling loved by you. Your partner would do the same to you if they really love you, and you will also be able to feel love coming from them and feel loved. So, by keep giving each other their love, I think the both people should be able to keep the feeling going. I dont know how you can choose to love, without having any feelings. Feelings that make you want to do anything for your partner. I, just me, believe that feeling can go forever.

• Love is a feeling, what you do with it is your choice.

You can love someone and not act upon it, you can love someone and let them go or you can love someone and stay with them forever. The feeling can't be chosen, you can't decide to love someone. But once you feel it, you need to decide what to do with it. Love is the feeling. What you do with your love is all your choice.

• It depends on definition of love

Depends on the love you are talking about. If it is about an asexual love (agape) to another living creature, whoever it is - a human, an animal, it is a choice. If it is about sexual love then it is not a choice it is quite a biologically based feelings (eros) like hunger, but not so much life threatening, although causing a lot of discomfort and maybe even depression and health problems in a long run. Those how said "yes" basically talking about fighting eros and focus only on agape. Well... Do we really have to do that? If the other person love you back in the sense of agape wouldn't he or she want you to be happy and comfortable and, if you feel love in the eros meaning to some person wouldn't he or she let you follow your feelings and be happy as father, mother, sister or brother would be?

• It depends on definition of love

• A choice is also a feeling.

Everyone must have undergone such a situation. When you are answering a question, you think that it is logically correct, and you feel that you are absolutely correct, but then when when you are told that you are wrong and you missed something in your logic, you feel ridiculous about your previous logic. Feeling of being logically correct is also a feeling, if you don't think so, then next time when you think you are correct, feel what you are actually feeling that moment.

A choice is also a feeling. When you make a decision, you either trust your guts or you make a decision tree and do some logical thinking. But then you have to know that decision trees and logic are not absolutely encompassing everything that affects the choice. So in other words, it is simply your feeling in a more organised presentation of what you want. When it comes to love, logic just don't work well as you are using logic to assess long-term feeling about a relationship. So, a choice is a sub-set of a feeling.

Well, it would always be better to think love logically and intuitively before you accept it, but for this topic, love is definitely a feeling more than a choice.

• Love chooses us, not the other way around.

No one consciously decides "I will love you!" that creates, at best, infatuation or mild fondness. Love is something that simply happens because something in another person meshes well with something in you. What you DO with that love IS up to you, however. You can choose to pursue it, ignore it, or attempt to change it..But the original feeling is always spontaneous.

• Love is not a choice.

You cannot choose who you fall in love with. It is a feeling that develops over time. Sometimes it is within a short amount of time, while other times it takes more time to develop. There are also different types of love but no matter what type it is, you cannot choose whether or not to love someone else. This is why when someone you love does or says something wrong to you, it hurts. When someone becomes heartbroken because of these actions, it physically hurts. It feels like someone ripped out part of your chest.

• It's a feeling

The choice comes regarding whether you choose to act upon it or not. Love and all other emotions are things we feel whether we want to or not. But, like we choose whether we're going to punch somebody we hate in the face or just internally dislike them, we choose if we're just going to feel love for somebody or ask them on a date.

• Love is more than a choice.

You can't choose to stop loving someone. Likewise, you can't choose who you love either.
    No matter how much you deny it, how much to neglect those feelings inside of you, you just can't help it. Love is much much more than that, and a lot more complicated. Feelings are complicated, love is a feeling.

nadeauMT3 says2016-06-13T20:15:48.983
Love is a choice, yes. But love, is also a feeling. Most importantly love is a feeling, this is fact. Love is the feeling lust is the emotion. There is no way around either. Now what you do with that love is on you. Likewise it's your choice to love or not to love. Neither is right or wrong. Understand first in order to love you must be love. God is Love you are God.