Is luck (yes) or effort (no) more important in one's life?

• Of course luck is more important.

If we look at the Universe as deterministic, then "luck", literally the only thing that matters, since it could be said that "effort" is simply a product of "luck".

Even if the universe is not deterministic, your birth (luck) has a lot more to do with your future and ability to succeed than effort. The ability to give effort is not genetically the same for everyone. Even when it is learned, your birth still affects how you learn. Also, depending on your situation, two people who who put in the same effort could very likely get completely different results.

This of course doesn't mean all lazy bums have an excuse. The expectant value of putting effort into your life is still worth it.

• Luck determines how much effort you can put in

It's 90 percent luck, 10 percent effort. One can move mountains, empty vast oceans ,punch bears, and yet achieve less than another person blesssed with being at the right place at the right time, having just to cross a street. Effort is a time limited resource/energy. A person with horrible luck will deplete energy reserves quickly, leaving one with terrible choices to make.

• It is all luck!!!

Your birthplace is luck, your parents is luck, your IQ is luck, your genetic and environmental characteristics is luck. EVERYTHING is luck! If you're born to parents who can't manage their own lives obviously that makes it many times harder for you but together with that you're likely under those circumstances, to have inherited genetic weaknesses that render you non-competitive in today's ultra competitive world..HOWEVER.. It is possible that were you to be born into such a problematic genetic and environmental circumstance, that you might have inherited some exceptional genes from past generations that endow you with qualities that will enable you to overcome the drawbacks of crappy parents and poverty stricken environment. An excellent example is English author H.G.Wells who wrote among many other things THE TIME MACHINE. He had poverty stricken parents who struggled to make ends meet. He was sent by his parents at 15 to an apprenticeship that he found soul destroying in order to assist the family to make ends meet. However he was saved by: having a high IQ and being gifted in story telling.
    If you're born into wealth you have a head start, and if you're born with exceptional gifts you can hardly go wrong. The rest of us have to struggle along with the great mass of humanity who're all the same as us and who will stomp on us if we let them.

• Health is more important than wealth

Sometime luck maybe better because if you become big and you be an artist then you just have to sit on a chair or bed and draw.
    You can sell the painting or drawing and get money. So there is no need of hard work and get stressed because we care our health not wealth.

• Kesinlikle şansın yaver gitmezse, ne kadar çaba harcarsan harca olmaz.

Şans olmalı abi. This of course doesn't mean all lazy bums have an excuse. The expectant value of putting effort into your life is still worth it.Even if the universe is not deterministic, your birth (luck) has a lot more to do with your future and ability to succeed than effort. The ability to give effort is not genetically the same for everyone. Even when it is learned, your birth still affects how you learn. Also, depending on your situation, two people who who put in the same effort could very likely get completely different results.

• "Effort generates luck"

My ex next door neighbor when I live in Stamford Connecticut, use to have the exact same house as us, he works like three jobs saving money for years to buy the house that he was renting. Eventually he bought the house just to resell sale it a while after using some good real estate strategies that he probably learn in a seminar or by reading the real estate for “dummies. «And make some serious money out of it; he could of stop there and go on vacation with his wife and kids but no! Mr. Was too ambitious, he uses all the money to build a big, very large exotic apartments building. The most interesting part is that I would see him every day after school, sweating working hard building stuff, with the help of a few Mexicans. And I know for a fact that he rented all the bigger tools by himself so I guess that he took some construction worker and Architect designing classes in college or something and he was obviously the leading man, starting with from scratch, hiring people, telling people what to do etc. After a few months which seen to had pass really fast, the apartment building was done! It was magnificent! Now I understood why he put himself in such outrageous looking hard worker, I use to say hi to him! But I recall seeing him looking so god damn focus that I was afraid to say anything to him even hi, feeling that it was only going to create disturbance! So now I was like oh well, great I’m happy for him and before I had time to take another breath I heard he SELL IT AGAIN! Again selling stuff, everybody in the neighborhood was talking about it, on how an independent real estate contractor offer him a huge among of money “in the tens of millions” forget what was the exact number was but he didn’t even look surprise as if I already knew this was going to happened! He move out of the neighborhood and I never seen this son of a b… again lol! Naw but seriously, I was just in high school when this happened and it really alter furthermore my perceptive consciousness on cognitive abilities for performance and learning on a linear left brained logical state mix the some good right brained footprint creative state of mind to intellectualize how to become successful as far as “making a difference” goes!

• You Get What You Pay For

Just to keep it simple, if you want something, you gotta work for it. Luck doesn't exist, Jesus does. Without him, nothing is possible. How can you deny him when he is the creator of everything and died on the cross to wash away our sins? "Luck" is nothing, non-existent. Everything that happens is meant to happen, and what's meant to be will always find a way. There's a reason for everything, and every action has an equal and opposite reaction. You can't avoid what's meant to happen.

• No, no is more important than yes

No is better.
    To say no is very important, a investigation in i don't know where have proved that people that says no a lot have more success in their lives. So, say no in your house, say no in street, say no in job, say no in your live.
    I supposed that after ridding this you will say no if you know what you want.

• Effort and skills maximize luck when it comes

We probably all agree that luck does play a role in our lives.... Some that run into more good or bad than other.. However building skills and putting effort into making things happen for you will put you on the path when luck does come. If it's bad luck u may survive better. If it's good luck well , you may leapfrog much faster than if you didn't use your talents.

• No, Luck Matters, but Effort Matters More

It begins with the place where someone is born. What poor child can prosper
    where there is a war going on. What child can learn in an inadequate school,
    and who can study in a violent and dangerous neighborhood? However, most
    people are not in such circumstances. Most are offered opportunities, no matter
    how slight. Success usually comes to those who put forth the effort to seize their
    opportunities.

• No, no is more important than yes

No is better.