• I say Yes

Macs are faster, don't have bugs or viruses, and the can do a lot more things. They ever crash and everything works smoothly. The computers never let me down because they are so very good. They are not the best computers for gaming, but overall they are the best computers!

• Yes, but it's close

--
    I will assume the term "Mac" as a Macintosh PC, while the term "Windows" will be used to refer to a PC running the Windows OS. This argument will take into account both the computer as well as its OS, thus "modded" computers such as Hackintoshes will not be considered in this argument.

Mac: pros
    - Unaffected by most malware, and even if they are, they usually do not cause significant damage
    - Clean and organized design, thus being more efficient
    - Can run both iWork and Microsoft Office suites
    - Much more user-friendly
    - Much better customer service (according to surveys by both PCWorld and PCMag)

Mac: cons
    - More expensive
    - Less customizable in specs
    - Sometimes not powerful enough for some games
    - Many programs are incompatible with Mac without use of other programs such as Wine or Crossover

Basically, if you are not a super tech-savvy person who chooses their parts, don't play games extensively, download shady programs regularly, prefer efficiency over customization, or have a little extra cash in your pocket, Macs are for you.

• In some respects.

It depends what for, for gaming, flexibility and compatibility, PC all the way, but for graphic design, making music, user interface, and the fact that everything just works and integrates seamlessly, Mac. You can dual-boot Windows or Linux on a Mac so it's pretty flexible software-wise but hardware-wise they are almost completely unalterable.

• I need security and reliability, not geek stuff ...

Mac's are more stable and more secure. Less pop ups, better customer service and they almost never crash. It also interoperates flawlessly with all other apple devices, which includes apps, etc. in which any device is a entry point to my data. The bottom line, it gets the job done faster, its more intuitive, and its more secure.

I see others complaining that they cannot access code easily? Well, neither can hackers. Pick your poison.

• It's all about what you use it for...

Well...I can;t really say that either is 'better', they're just made for different demographics, though I prefer Apple's computers.
    I have a "Hackintsoh", which is a custom PC running both OS X Mavericks and Windows 7, and this is perfect for me to get the best of both worlds: OS X's amazing UI and user experience, and Windows 7's ability to use pretty much ANY software out there, mainly games.
    I can;t help but notice that this debate is technically about the software, rather then the hardware, and, while Windows machines can be more powerful, OS X is by far my preference for an OS, due to it's simplicity, easy navigation and the huge selection of apps on the app store, both free and purchasable, which add so much utility to this platform.
    But for gaming,over clocking and use RAID setups etc, Windows does come out on top...It all comes down to what you use it for and personal opinions though.

• Mac is the worst, plain in simple.

1. The only business model for Mac is narcissism. i.e. hipsters/ wannabe nerds
    2. Macs are ridiculously overpriced. You get much less for what you pay for with a Mac.
    3. Macs regularly ignore most mainstream industry trends. Most Macs STILL don't have HDMI ports, eSATA ports, or even BluRay drives. i.e. instead of HDMI they use the inferior DVI.
    4. MAC OS X is merely a locked down version of open-source Linux.
    5. RIGHT CLICK!- they say "but now you can get a right click mouse." Why can't they just come with it? The right click doesn't even work anyway.
    6. Macs are not flexible or customizable.
    7. No need for a gaming argument which is pretty clear to ALL of us.
    8. The dock and general screen layout is just ridiculous.

• Its just not

On windows you can do so much more in terms of gaming so that sold it for me. All though it is nice to not have to worry about viruses you can always just get antivirus software, it's not that hard. Also windows is just a ton more understandable maybe it's just because im used to it but I don't ever have troubles finding things on windows but i do on mac

• This is a toss up

1 - MAC is a computer, not an OS
    2 - MAC can run Ubuntu, so it is difficult to say NO
    3 - Since PC's have more versatility and are cheaper, I say NO.
    4 - However, Mac's do have a level of quality to them which PC's do not.
    5 - If I was given a Mac for free, I'd strip it down and put Ubuntu, then say YES

• Sometimes yes, sometimes no

Depends on the application. For secure environments as in medical usuage MAC is by far superior than Windows. For the casual home use computers. Windows wins hands down. They are different markets and have different appeals to those markets. So for work. Yes generally if it is important, but for the video gamer. Nah never. :)

• Windows will always stay on top

Over the course of this debate I will be sticking to 3 major contentions.
    Definitions
    Mac - Any x86-Based (to exclude mobile devices) computing device created by apple
    PC - Any Non-GSM (to exclude mobile devices) capable devices, that are not embedded devices, that have unlocked bootloaders, that are not created by apple.

Regardless of poor wording, the intent of the above is to exclude all phones, and tablets (with locked bootloaders) as well as embedded devices.

But first in addition to the aforementioned definitions I will be providing "assumptions" that I propose simply for the purpose of argument.

The first is that the targeted audience that we are speaking of, in terms of "superiority, is the low-high-end user, low being Chromebooks or other UMPC's such as the Nokia N900 or the raspberry pi, the high end being enthusiast PC's with latest generation i7's and SLI/Crossfire, that is made from parts. In addition to that audience, I assume we are also targeting the server audience, from the low-end to the enterprise-end user. Low end, being a home DNS server running on a raspberry pi, High end being whole floors filled with racks of high-end servers, used to serve thousands-millions-billions of customers/consumers around the world.

For fairness to my opponent, I will assume that a "hackintosh" PC does not count as a "Mac" or as a "PC" and is irrelevant to this argument. In response I ask that the equivalent, Linux on a Mac, does not count as a "Mac" or a "pc" and is just as irrelevant. Seeing as both are "exploits/(I hate to use this word but...)hacks"

Now on to my contentions.

My first contention is that PC's are a better value than Macs.
    See my first piece of evidence: http://i.imgur.com...
    And my second: http://i.imgur.com...
    As is clear, for the even LESS than the Mac I, I got a PC that was FAR superior in power to that Mac, packaged with 680 bags of cookies, (my favorite cookies too :D ), 7,200 pop tarts, 1,450 bags of hot cheetos, 2250 bags of lays, and 1300 bags of regular cheetos. I believe my point has been made.

My second contention is that PC's are more freedom-respecting, than macs.

Macs, are locked down. On a Mac, I cannot access the EFI. My inability to access the EFI leads to:

My inability to overclock my CPU.

My inability to change the boot order of a mac.

My inability to boot from a live cd/usb/removable storage.

My inability to ... (the following are inabilites related to RAID
    Put my computer in Raid 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 0+1 and pretty much every other minor raid level except for the major
    levels, 0 and 1, and the minor JBOD raid.

• Windows will always stay on top

Definitions

Now on to my contentions.

And my second: http://i.imgur.com...

My inability to overclock my CPU.