Is Marcos the best president of the Philippines?

Asked by: Dyob
  • Marcos is the best president

During Marcos time Philippines grew bigger. It became stronger than the past terms. Philippines in his time was recognized as an Asian tiger. He Is the best president philippines ever had, because his number one priority is the good for his people. Although martial law was declared he still thinks for his people, remember the power plant that was built in Bataan, that would be our source of electricity today and could save us from too much expenses If it was approved. Remember the heart and lungs centers in the philippines which was made for us. Let us not forget what good things the president made for his country. Good things always more than bad things...

• Marcos is a great president.

Because of Marcos and his ability to connect & unite the Filipino people, the Philippines was an economic power behind only Japan. In addition, if he was corrupt, how come it has still never been proven? 920 cases were filed against him but all were acquitted, there were two huge opposers of Marcos who were elected as presidents of the country, yet none were able to use their massive power to prove these accusations against him. Lastly, although he was the President of the Philippines, the one who headed the Philippine Constabulary was Juan Ponce Enrile who controlled all military activies, shouldnt he be the one questioned for all the tortues and disapperances that happened during Martial Law? Always remembee that there are two sides to every story and we must be open minded about every situation and issue that could make or break our country.

• Common Good Outweighs Bad

The Philippines, in those days, has flourished and progressed in areas such as arts, architecture, power, etc. Although there was corruption, to eliminate bias, an analyst must not maximise his view on the negative side nor the positive side. Facts must be viewed as they are and the facts state that the common good outweighs the bad. Anyways, these wrongdoings of Marcos is being retold just so that activists who told them may not be forgotten.

• Biased Media is always Anti-Marcos- Sounds like broken record. It makes me wonder why.

Why is the Philippine Media constantly anti-Marcos? Have you ever seen an article that mentioned the great things that former President Marcos accomplished during his term? It makes me wonder if the re-instated oligarchs who own the media are trying to promote a particular opinion. If people did their own research and studied about the infrastructure projects: bridges, schools, hospitals, agriculture achievements, and economic growth that Former President Marcos accomplished then maybe we have a conversation based on actual critical thinking- not the incessant gossip "Chismis" that seems to be ingrained in the Philippine Collective Psyche. This is why the Philippines can never create progress and culturally advance as a people.

• His the the best

Know your history h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h

• His the the best

• His the the best

• His the the best

• His the the best

• Marcos, despite his efforts, cannot and will not be a hero.

It may be true that he has accomplished a lot for the economic development of the Philippines (which was short lived, btw), but his regime as a dictator which has caused thousands of lives and so much public money stolen from the Philippines... I do not think this would warrant a hero. I mean, you don't see the Germans ever glorifying the efforts of Hitler even if he lead an expansion of land for the German people, do you?

• Marcos is literally not a hero

He can be called as a good president, but nit a hero because he didnt do anythinh to prove taht he really is an authentic hero, so please we should stand in one and know that marcos is not a hero and he will never be hinored as a hero.

• Marcos a hero?

What the hell do you mean marcos is a hero in what way shape or form what the fuck ohmygod i have no words literally no i mean you uneducated assholes actually think that what the hell i am literally out of words pls pls learn your history pls bish

• Well... My Point

He was okay at first. He may have declared Martial Law with the thought of the common good, but let the human rights abuses happen under his military control.

And why did his wife got 1,000 pairs of shoes?!

As for his LNMB burial, well, he's buried there already, we cannot do anything about it. Let's learn from the past and hopefully, this won't happen again with any other president.

• Well... My Point

• His the the best

• Marcos no hero

Yes marcos uplifted our country but what is the use of being number one if we are not united? There is a great gap between the rich and the poor and a true successful country does not depict division of classes. Try to think if Philippines did not prosper before, then this, our contemporary issues and problems will not arise. But I am very sure that even Marcos did not make Philippines rich, other president will. We could be a late bloomer country that will surpass Singapore who is now one of the first world countries in Asia. With our natural resources and manpower or human resources, we can be the Asia's leading first world country.
    So my stand is I do not see Marcos as the best president nor a hero. He should not be buried in the Libingan ng mga Bayani.

• Marcos no hero

• Marcos no hero

• Marcos no hero