Is Marcos the best president of the Philippines?

Asked by: Dyob
  • Common Good Outweighs Bad

The Philippines, in those days, has flourished and progressed in areas such as arts, architecture, power, etc. Although there was corruption, to eliminate bias, an analyst must not maximise his view on the negative side nor the positive side. Facts must be viewed as they are and the facts state that the common good outweighs the bad. Anyways, these wrongdoings of Marcos is being retold just so that activists who told them may not be forgotten.

• Biased Media is always Anti-Marcos- Sounds like broken record. It makes me wonder why.

Why is the Philippine Media constantly anti-Marcos? Have you ever seen an article that mentioned the great things that former President Marcos accomplished during his term? It makes me wonder if the re-instated oligarchs who own the media are trying to promote a particular opinion. If people did their own research and studied about the infrastructure projects: bridges, schools, hospitals, agriculture achievements, and economic growth that Former President Marcos accomplished then maybe we have a conversation based on actual critical thinking- not the incessant gossip "Chismis" that seems to be ingrained in the Philippine Collective Psyche. This is why the Philippines can never create progress and culturally advance as a people.

• His the the best

Know your history h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h

• His the the best

• His the the best

• His the the best

• His the the best

• Marcos is the best president

He was the only president that really changed the Philippines positively. Another major contribution to the economic growth of the country was the tourism industry. The number of tourists visiting the Philippine rose to one million by 1980 from less than 200,000 in previous years. The country earned at $500 million a year from tourism. A big portion of the tourist group was composed of Filipino balikbayans under the Ministry of Tourism's Balikbayan Program which was launched in 1973.

• Marcos is the best president

NO TO AQUINOS. NO TO AQUINOS. NO TO AQUINOS.Z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z x x x z x x x x z z z zz z z z z z z z z z z z z z z

• Well... My Point

He was okay at first. He may have declared Martial Law with the thought of the common good, but let the human rights abuses happen under his military control.

And why did his wife got 1,000 pairs of shoes?!

As for his LNMB burial, well, he's buried there already, we cannot do anything about it. Let's learn from the past and hopefully, this won't happen again with any other president.

• Well... My Point

• His the the best

• Marcos no hero

Yes marcos uplifted our country but what is the use of being number one if we are not united? There is a great gap between the rich and the poor and a true successful country does not depict division of classes. Try to think if Philippines did not prosper before, then this, our contemporary issues and problems will not arise. But I am very sure that even Marcos did not make Philippines rich, other president will. We could be a late bloomer country that will surpass Singapore who is now one of the first world countries in Asia. With our natural resources and manpower or human resources, we can be the Asia's leading first world country.
    So my stand is I do not see Marcos as the best president nor a hero. He should not be buried in the Libingan ng mga Bayani.

• Marcos no hero

• Marcos no hero

• Marcos no hero

• Marcos no hero

• Marcos no hero

• I hate him

N N N N N N NNN NJ JK BKH HHK H H H HHJ HG HJ HG GH GHG FG GH YG G gy wra wru r r wrweriu reuwq rew reerre rqiu rirwe rewiu eurwi er r uqrwgwreflsv n ji u jnju njub oyfiktfik,lujkmjufg g9y g hnjm ,yh j