• Yes, in an objective manner.

Overall, while one would rather listen to Whitney because of her tone rather than Mariah's, Mariah still wins the battle. She has the technique to do all and more than what Whitney could do, but Whitney's thicker tone, and more forceful belts are why she has been regarded as "The Voice." An argument for each is a valid argument, because these two are what every singer aspires too.

• Songwriting abilities are phenominal

Celine Whitney Christina sure all powerhouse voices though when actually recording in the studio they always seem to fall short. There writing skills abysmal whereas Mariah Carey has scored countless number ones and written and co written all her material! That in its self is amazing. I do not even need to talk about her vocal abilities because thats a given.

• Songwriting abilities are phenominal

• YASSSSS queen of music

Obviously Mariah Carey is the best singer of all time. There is a lot of good singers (not too much nowadays) but Mariah is differently. Writes and produces her music to this day and still can hit the high notes at her age. She's a living legend and even on her worst days she is still better than most of the music industry's at their 'best'

• SHE IS and that is IT

Listen to her songs and her whistles she is the best! She is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is she is

• She holds achievements no other recording artists have got close to defeating

Her song with Boys II Men topped the charts for 16 weeks which is the longest any song has topped it for since its started.
    She's the only artist ever who has had a #1 single for every year of a decade.
    And what other artist has a 5 octave vocal range which can hit whistle notes with perfect control.

• The songbird supreme.

Mariah carey is the best singer who ever lived. Her voice is an instrument, all 5.4 octaves of it, more than any other female artist. Her whole range is well developed from low to high to the wtf notes. She is a true vocalist. Not only that but she managed to be at the top of the charts for so long. Her tone is is perfect. The agility of her voice is unprecedented. Me people say whitney is better simlply because she is a mezzo soprano but a big voice isnt everything. Mariah all the way.

• She is great

She can hit an amazingly wide range of notes. Any average girl can hit a high note accidentally, but to repeat it multiple times with ease? That's all Mariah Carey! Maybe someone (like Ariana Grande) can hit a very high note (though not as high as Mariah Carey of course) due to their naturally high, squeaky voice. My point: Mariah Carey is the best, next, probably Whittney Houston, an also wonderful and beautiful singer.

• She is great

• Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa shes the bestest

Have you ever even heard the genius tht is emotions ??? Or honey ??? Or vison of love ?? Or someday ?? And don't even get ne started on her hits ?????????!!!!! Like always be my baby !! We belong together !!!!! Oh and we cant forge about shake it offffffffff

• Whitney Houston was always better than Mariah.

I'd agree with the opinion that her beauty IS factor when people say she's the best. If Mariah were average looking, she would probably be within the top 20 greatest female singers of all time, but definitely not the best. I'd put her on par with Aretha Franklin, Celine Dion, Christina Aguilera, and Madonna.

• Great singer, but not the best ever by a long shot

Incredible vocal range, but range does not make you a great singer. It's the quality and clarity of her tone. Definitely preferred her during her first 3 or four albums when you could tell the beauty and strength of her voice vs the airy madness she sings today. Her middle range was strong and clear. Not quite full of the richness and beauty that you find in a Whitney Houston, Wynonna Judd or KD Lang. Though she was much closer to that level of quality in her earlier days. I still have hope that she will return to that style of singing. Love you Mariah.

• She is not the best singer ever

She certainly can sing, but there are many singers are better than her. Celine dion, whitney houston, and beyonce are some of them. Besides, she's got no attitude outside the stage. Well, i actually like her voice but she can't be on top. A holy night, a song that she sang beautifully. But cmon, its HOLY night, she shouldn't sing it that way..

• Mariah Carey is not the best singer ever.

Although she is a popular singer, Maria Carey is hardly the best singer ever. A big reason that she is so popular is because of her sex appeal. She is a good performer, but she is not really that great of a singer. If she had the same voice but she were ugly, no one would listen to her music.

• She's ok but...

I like her music,but I wouldn't say she the best singer ever. There are so many singers with better voices. I will name some,Sharon Den Adel (lead singer of Within Temptation),Liv Kirsten ( lead singer of Leaves Eyes),Tarja ( ex-lead singer of Nightwish,now solo),Lisa Middelhauve ( ex-lead singer of Xandria),Floor Jansen( ex-lead singer of After Forever,now lead singer of Revamp),Simone Simons(lead singer of Epica),Celtic Woman.I could go on but you get the point,& none of the women I've named need the whistle notes.Most people who listen to other singers know she wouldn't be anywhere without the whistle.

• No, she isn't.

No, I do not think that Mariah Carey is the best singer ever. Some of her biggest fans may argue that she is, but this is all a matter of opinion. I think that she is very talented, but not the best. I think that it would be very hard to nail down who I believe is the best singer ever.

• Mariah Carey isn't the best singer ever ; There are better singers out there.

When you try to label someone the best at something, you have to consider all of the other possibilities out there for the role. It is very subjective to call someone the best, and there are no hard and fast rules. I certainly consider many other singers better than Mariah Carey.

• No, she is not.

Mariah Carey is a good singer, but I would not say the best. Everyone enjoys different singers and styles and hers just does not appeal to me. I also believe it isn't fair to call any one type of singer or band the best because there will always be people out there who do not like it or care for that kind of music.

• Good, yes. the best? no.

Mariah Carey is a beautiful singer, but there are so many that can be considered better. Judy Garland for one. At the age of 17 she knocked peoples socks off. Even with today's singers, there are so many comparable or better in my opinion. It also depends on your taste. Do you like opera, punk, rock or country? Anyone could debate that any of these genre singers could be better.

• No, Mariah Carey is not the best singer ever.

There are many more talented singers that exist that is as talented or more talented than Mariah Carey. Calling her the most talented singer ever is all a matter of opinion as I myself do not like some of her music. However I will not deny that she is indeed very talented, and has strong foundations as a good singer.