Is Marijuana an Effective Treatment for Epilepsy (Seizures)?

• There are studies to show that

There are studies to show that marijuana is effective in controlling tonic clonic seizures. There has been a cannabis plant that has been engineered to be completely free of the psychoactive ingredient called tetrahydrocannabinol or THC. However it is very high in the less known drug called Canibodial or CBD which is completely non-psychoactive and has no affect or use in terms of getting high. However, it does help in controlling tonic clonic seizures. This type of Marijuana is called Charlottes Web.

• Yes, Marijuana is an Effective Treatment for Epilepsy (Seizures).

In my opinion, Marijuana is an Effective Treatment for Epilepsy (Seizures). I believe this due to the research that I have read and the first hand experiences that I have encountered. Marijuana has analgesic properties, anti-inflammatory properties and accesses synopsis in the brain that allow people and patients to relax and retain their mental faculties and relieve seizures.

• No, people just want to get high.

No, marijuana is not an effective treatment for epilepsy, because there are no studies to show that it is. The only so-called evidence that is does is anecdotal, from people who like marijuana and want to continue smoking it. People who smoke marijuana are under its influence, and therefore are not in a position to be experts on anything related to medicine.