• Statement on why marijuana is good:

Yes, it is very good for you. I mean, you don't want kids flipping out or being really hyper all the time, and when they smoke, they are very calm. So why not smoke? People aren't as stressed as the people who do smoke. Also, if kids are allowed to smoke I don't think you would have a lot of teens committing suicide.

• Because the facts.

Look I realize that many of our own parents tried the drug before they had us, even my father smokes to this day. First of all there are studies that prove that marijuana in and of itself does not make a person stupid, rather than lazy while intoxicated. I have smoked for over four years, I have maintained a 4.3 gpa, throughout college and through law school. And one of my buddies works in California cannabis dispensary and has done research for the state. He told me that yes it can hurt your lungs, but their are many different ways the body can consume THC. However, one main thing is that cannabis can help with depression, pain management, psychosis, and many other diseases and disorders. Also many recent studies link marijuana with a reduction in Alzheimer's. Not only does marijuana prevent Alzheimer's, but also helps prevent cancer, heart attacks, and help prevent insulin developed diabetes. I realize people see marijuana as a gateway drug but their are NO proven studies that link Marijuana with being a so-called "gateway drug". Agree or disagree you cannot look away from the facts.

• It's good in more ways than one.

Not only is it good for people being used as a MEDICATION for: nausea, insomnia, pain, depression, epilepsy, glaucoma, cancer treatment, and MANY other ailments...

It would also be good for the economy/governments to regulate and tax it.
    We would reverse our nations national debt within a decade if the government regulated and taxed marijuana.
    Contrary to popular opinion, it improves concentration and DOES NOT inhibit school performance (unlike OTHER man-made substances which DO).
    However, it DOES inhibit cancer cell reproduction and growth.
    It is NOT a "gateway drug" that's like saying if you drink water you'll have to move on to moonshine. People who say that are STUPID.
    It DOES NOT kill brain cells, (lack of oxygen kills brain cells).
    And to top all of this off: IT WAS MADE BY GOD (not man- thank god).
    So which is better? A man-made chemical which alters mind-state? Or a god-made plant which does much more than altering mind-state?

And the earth brought forth grass and herb yielding seed after its kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. (Genesis 1:12) (see, even GOD said ITS GOOD)

God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to everything that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so." And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. (Gen. 1:29-31) (wow, this time, GOD does JUST say ITS GOOD, he says: ITS VERY GOOD. Hmmm..... AND.. Notice how these "herbs bearing seed" are to be used AS MEAT for us to CONSUME? That means me to my last biblical point...)

"The Spirit speaketh expressly, that IN THE LATTER TIMES, some shall depart from the faith..., and COMMANDING TO ABSTAIN from MEATS which GOD HAS CREATED to be RECEIVED with THANKSGIVING of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer. If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereupon thou hast attained. (Paul: 1 Timothy 4:1-6)
    (So... GOD created MEAT (green herbs bearing seed) for us to RECEIVE in thanksgiving of HIM. BUT... In the "latter days" men will COMMAND ABSTINENCE from these "meats"...)

TO USE THE WORDS OF GOD: IT IS VERY GOOD.

• I Believe So

I mean of course its good for you it helps you with pain and stress at the same time. It is way healthier than popping pills and its not addicting like the other countless types of drugs out there. And honestly how many people have you heard of that has overdosed of marijuana?

• Yes it is

I have smoked for over 25 years as often as possible for a pain disorder. I had taken hydrocodone for over 12 years as well. After 2 deaths in 6 months from an overdose of hydrocodone last year I stopped taking the hydro. My memory cleared after a month or so, my pain was the same before and after. After all these years pot still lessens the pain. When I can find or get it that is. My function level is better when I smoke as well. I have a younger brother that has a heart condition, he never really smoked pot but he drank often. I have an even younger sister who smoked cigarettes but not pot, she has a weight condition, I dont and she has a heart condition and bad lungs as well. From cigarettes her doctor says. Other than my severe or chronic stenosis I am VERY healthy at 59 years of age. I dont know maybe the proof is in the herb....

• Helps with pain and stress - with much fewer side effects than chemical meds

Any discussion about whether marijuana is good, should be accompanied by a comparison to an alternative way of achieving same results. Otherwise, the opinion is just a preference and not a convincing argument.

For me, to alleviate stress I have 3 options: Take chemical meds, smoke pot, or do something like yoga and breathing exercises.

Admittedly the last one is quite effective and my favorite - unfortunately I don't always have time to do it.

However between chemical meds and pot, I definitely experienced far less side effects using pot. Most of the chemical meds have some serious side effects with a big list of risk factors. I am not saying pot is side effect free - but in comparison, it seems you get more of what you need and less of what you don't need from pot.

• Marijuana is not more dangerous than alcohol

Unlike alcohol and prescription drugs, marijuana is not lethal by overdosing.

A study in 2009 by U.S. Department of Health and Human Studies published that 69.7 million Americans are current users of tobacco products, 15 million Americans abuse alcohol, and only 4.2 million Americans abuse Marijuana.

Everyday 1,000 people die from smoking related illnesses, 550 die from alcohol related accidents and diseases, and less than 20 die of drug related causes.

Legalization may not cause a spike in use as critics acclaim. American adolescents use Marijuana twice as much as their counter parts in Holland where Marijuana is legal.

• Stress free baby

Marijuana has changed my life. I smoke every other day and I have to say I haven't felt better. I think the people who say it is bad are very ignorant and narrow minded. I am glad I live my life the way I do. You only got one life. Have fun!

• It helps big time for me!

I am usually very stressed out and depressed when I'm not high... When I smoke I feel like a different person. I'm laughing, not depressed, and my stress figures itself out! I love smoking because I can still function when I'm high--I don't act all stupid and I'm a nice person to be around.

• The best way to have the best day

It's the best for you, it makes me do things I normally wouldn't do. I'm not grouchy as much, I feel better, relaxed, very calm. And when it comes to it I'm very honest with it. I don't see anything bad about it. First of all try it and then see if it doesn't change your life.

• No it is not good for you.

I can see how it is good for you for medical reasons, but side effects are more overwhelming than the reasons on why it is good for you. About 40% of teens under 18 years of age that use marijuana get into harder drugs like cocaine. It makes you hallucinate, you become very hungry and don't stop eating. It hurts your short term memory so it's very hard to learn anything new if anything at all. Many years ago in some places like Egypt it was banned because it proved to be not good for them. As I mentioned, I can see how it can be good for some medical uses, but overall it hurts the brain and also gives the lungs 4 times the amount of tar than one filtered cigarette.

• I'ts unhealthy and bad for you

Kids all around the world have been killed because the use of weed. A 14 year old girl died because her friends pressured her to eat a it because she was sick so they thought that if she ate some weed she would get much better but the next few days she died and its bad to have those types of friends. If you were a mother and that happened to your little young girl you would be mad and want to report them for the use of it but if we don't legalize it we can still do that.

• Youre all idiots

Marijuana is a horrible drug that should never be used other than for serious medical conditions. To think that a DRUG is good for you is just out of my understanding. The majority of the people who are saying that marijuana is good for you are the pot smokers themselves.

• Marijuana and it side effects

With all the side effects like loss of memory, poor performance in school, the issue of causing bronchitis and cancer and many more, Marijuana is not good for me and for for you though I can not make a choice for you not to use it. For teenagers and those who desire to be successful in their studies and work, please stay away from it, the euphoria which people experience is for a short time, when the effects are worn off, they find themselves with the same financial problems, and what ever they are trying to run away from. I strongly feel it is not worth it.

• No

Marijuana is not good for you because it is a gateway drug that can lead to much worse drugs. Once a person feels the high that pot gives you, they are addicted to that feeling. Once pot will not give them that any more, then they have to move to another drug that will.

• life is short to waste

I am not only saying marijuana is bad for you but they also saying they shouldn't legalize it either because if we did we would have a lot of people smoking it and when you have a new born kid and he comes out from the hospital he will be breathing in weed which could lead to a shorter life period.

• It's much worse if you are young.

Young people's brains are still developing, and the dopamine release that a high gives the brain is addictive and tells the brain that it needs more. If this addiction becomes habitual from a young age, it affects the person for a very long time, because the high that they get from marijuana is the only thing that they are interested in, in turn affecting education, jobs, hobbies, and relationships. Not to mention anything you inhale through smoke is dangerous for your lungs and can cause lung cancer. It does not matter that cannabis is "natural." Tobacco is "natural" too and not many people argue that that's healthy either. Smoking anything is bad for you, period.

• What is the point

Even though people may take as an antidepressant it basically a slow suicide. People when they take the drug don't think straight so they don't realize that there are other positive ways to help such as counciling, or even talking to a friend and ask if they can help just ask

• If you're healthy, it's harmful. If you're sick, it's an alternative side effect.

When it comes to the statement "marijuana is good for you" that is misleading and inaccurate. Marijuana can be good at easing the symptoms of other diseases which are hurting you, but the negative affects on the brain are factual and studied by the National Department if Health and Human Services. If you are harming your brain and putting yourself at risk for a temporary feeling of enjoyment not because you are not making yourself healthier. If you have a disease which you are treating with marijuana, you are outweighing the benefits of a drug which can have less harmful side effects than your disease. That doesn't sounds like enough of a reason for a healthy person to claim, it is "good" for you.

• Research The Risks

There are claims that marijuana is good, and claims that marijuana is bad. You can not ignore the bad claims. Marijuana use contributes to many health effects. Psychologically, marijuana can cause psychosis (the state of loss of contact with reality) and schizophrenia. Schizophrenia can alter your mood, personality, and social behavior. Anything that you put into your lungs other than the components of normal atmospheric makeup can be harmful, therefore the effect of marijuana smoke in the lungs is a "no brainer". Those who smoke marijuana are more likely to develop chronic bronchitis than non-smokers. There is also a link between marijuana and testicular cancer. It is true that marijuana can act as a gateway drug, but not in everyone's case. Many studies claim that marijuana utilization can affect an individuals I.Q. The effects are different for everybody, but knowing that users of marijuana have experienced the effects that I have listed above proves that marijuana is not good for the human body.

Anonymous says2013-04-13T22:47:27.160
Marijuana is good or your health