Is masturbating while viewing pornography or nude images immoral?

Asked by: WilliamsP
  • Indeed it is.

Masturbating is a natural human act. There is nothing immoral about that. However, when pornography or nude images are involved, it is immoral. It does not harm the person in the media, but it harms the person who is viewing it. It represents the individual's desire for sex. Sex is natural and acceptable, but a greed for sex is inexcusable.

• I agree with

WilliamsP, pornography only damages a humans mind and conception of sexual immorality. Also, the person that is in the photo's life is now ruined basically. So its bad overall, so it is immoral, all the atheists are going to say otherwise because, well, you know, they don't have morals. . .

• Yes, because the viewer allowing his animal desires to take over his rational mind.

I'm with WilliamP. The greed for sex is a prime example of animal desires taking over humans. In fact, pornography highlights the imbalance between the development of knowledge (technology required for Internet/photo pornography) and morality. As morality develops, values like benevolence, righteousness, propriety and wisdom should dictate a person's actions, while animal desires should be minimised. That includes not only sexual desires but also gluttony, etc.

• Porn is evil.

Pornography devalues the lives and the dignity of human beings. It causes us to look down on women as mere sex objects with no other purpose than to bring men sexual pleasure. Women have so much greater value than this, pornography is a lie whose only purpose is to make money. It ruins people's lives and it needs to end.

• I Think It Is Immoral

For one, it makes women/men your sexual toys. Furthermore, it fuels a behaviour that tends to be addictive because it's plasurable. Three, it creates a precedent for psycopaths to justify the pleasure they derive from murdering people without cause. Another, is that it defeats the vows of fidelity in martiage; one may as well vow at the altar he is free to lust and have other women. Fifthly, it may stimulate unrealistic sexual fantasies and thoughts of rape. Finally, how many here will deny they didn't start watching porn before eighteen, if not as kids; I think porn stains the innocence of kids; the enforcement of age-restriction laws on sexually explicit content is a joke.

• It creates a falsehood of sex

People who watch porn will be unsatisfied when they realise that sex isn't like the videos or pictures. As a Christian I don't approve of this..... I had a porn addiction and it is not healthy for my faith......... It may be physically healthy as research shows but spiritually it tears me apart since I'm not married. It can deviate you from reality and therefore cloud your vision and have destramental consequences from porn addiction.

• As much as I would like to say no, it takes much to ignore this verse, and when I do, it naturally comes back.

Something inside of me wishes to please God and not let him down.
    This is the will of God, your sanctification, that you abstain from immorality and LEARN to possess your own vessel and in sanctification and honor. God did not call us to be impure, but live a holy life. Set apart from the world. I battle weekly

• Of course it's immoral!!!

The goat that my two fathers keep chained to his treadmill gets exhausted when i spend too much time surfing the web for images of clean, wholesome intercourse between consenting adult men, women, and farm animals that can say "yes," or at least stomp their hoof two times. That is why I only masturbate if I'm viewing the naughtier parts of the Quran.

• I would say not always.

There's really no harm in it. If you're married, then of course your significant other may have a problem. Though I do know for a fact that some people do not really care if their girlfriend/boyfriend, spouse, Fiancé, etc... Watch porn. I'm not at all asserting that all do.

In reality, a study shied that it was actually *beneficial* to the health to "ejaculate" regularly. It's really not harmful at all in most situations, rather it helps people.

I'll search for the thing if enough people request it.

Furthermore, there's really nothing "evil" with watching porn. I'm not really sure where people get this idea.

I'm tired, so give me a break. I know 50 Nuns are going to attack me for this message.

• I see no issue

What's the difference in-between fapping to a mental image to a actual photo of someone naked. Plus immorality is subjective and differs from culture to culture. This is not even an argument its just someone attempting to control the sexuality of others by imposing their moral views upon the rest of us

• Sexual desires are normal and visual stimulation is too.

As long as those in the video are consensual, I can think of no one who gets harmed from this transaction. Those saying it sets high standards probably haven't seen porn lately, most of it is amateur. It doesn't break up marriages either, in fact many couples enjoy watching porn together. If people would just accept that sex is a great part of life and we can indulge in it a little, people might be a lot more happy and relaxed.

• As long as you can keep your life on balance

I must admit that watching pornography means, in ceartain why support to prostitution. In the other hand is absolutely natural to feel a lack of sexual pleasure and fill it through masturbation it is also common to use imagination as a catalyst for emulating the link between the subject masturbating and another human being. It is a natural need and pornography provides that virtual partner. We all have the urge of feeling loved but not everyone has the blessing of finding that idealist person in reality. So some should travel to an imaginary world in order to get that and keeping their life on balance. But definetily it should not become an addiction that takes anyone away from reality

• Hahaha no way

Is the porn getting hurt? Nope

Is the porn a life form capable of intelligent self-determination that doesn't consent? Nope

Are you getting hurt? Nope

Are you a lifeform capable intelligent self-determination that doesn't consent? Nope

This is mission, check list is green; you are good to go fight!

Http://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=kgHYGw9OL7c

• I fail to see how.

Masturbating, which is a completely natural act that does not harm anyone else, could not possibly be immoral when any reasonable, rational definition of morality is being used. Unless the images are both graphically obscene depictions of real, non-fictional, non-consensual events (ie. Actual photographs/films of actual non-consensual sexual activities, not simply caricatures of those acts) , *AND* the act of viewing those images somehow leads to more such obscene, non-consensual acts occurring and/or being filmed/photographed, then the introduction of visual (and possibly aural) stimuli to the act of masturbating does not affect whether or not it's 'immoral' (it isn't).

• It's simply natural.

Masturbation is a natural process of self-stimulation. Seeing it needs to be proven moral is just another case of some holy church getting in the way of our personal lives. Seriously, if you let a priest tell you a private, self-stimulating, and even healthy process is immoral, you need to get your facts straight. And pornography is just another layer added onto this, without it you're left there, sitting, masturbating. What do you think about to stimulate yourself, without pornography? Obviously whatever stimulates you, such as someone who turns you on. You don't think of them just standing there, you obviously think about sexual intercourse or something equivalent. Pornography is just an aide to masturbation, and it's not Immoral or sin, it's a healthy, self-stimulating process nobody should be ashamed about.

• A subjective morality

I would have to disagree with the contendors. As mentioned below, mastrubation is healthy habit. There is no objectivism in this issue, as I don't think any religious code of law mentions this. It might be frowned upon in some cultures, but when as long as you're talking immorality, I see no issue in finding a way to appease your sexual cravings.