• Yes it is

While May Day has a history in the U.S. and other countries, that speaks to merriment, a Maypole, flowers and kisses, the date was also adopted by the communists as a holiday. May Day in the first instance goes back several centuries in Europe. The communists adopted May Day as their holiday in 1904.

When my Inf Div landed in Viet Nam on May 1st we were warned of it being a communist holiday and to be on extra alert.

• I give Zero Fucks about the Pagan Past of the date.

The Question is most relevant today than ever before. There was no context of date to be sure in the question...However do you know anyone that is alive today that was around before Karl Marx unleashed his blight of bullshit onto this world? I didnt think so..

Only dumb fuck hippies think of this date as a religious or earth related holiday; Because in reality they mostly live in countries where they are not oppressed by a Commie regime.

For most people the first image in their mind when the words "May Day" are heard, is the thought of soviets marching around red square with ICMB's and tanks along side...

• The Call, 29 April 1920

Communist Party Claims May 1st as International Celebration.
    Russia, May Day 1917, demonstrated a noted manifestation and the echo resounded around the world. The 1918 May 1st was hailed as the first time of celebration by a people master of their own destinies. In 1919 the "world’s working class" commemorate the historic day by a general work stoppage (sound familiar?), which presents in the several countries a revolutionary aspect under the influence of Communism.

• Army restricted us to post each May Day

When I was stationed in then-West Germany, the US Army restricted everyone to post each May Day to avoid incidents with Communist sympathizers and operatives outside the post. There were tales of GIs being badly beaten by communist thugs when they sneaked off post on previous May Days. May Day is celebrated in all the commie countries, so that pretty much settles the issue. If it wasn't a commie holiday, they wouldn't be celebrating it as one, duh!

• Use some reasoning, read your history. An uneducated mind is an ignorant one.

Okay look....The argument that it is only political or that it has nothing to do with politics are both false and both right. An educated look intot he past will tell you that all ideals of governing people and exonomics always rests on a premise of ideals. It has to! These ideals are better seen as a philosophy. It's a system or pattern of thinking which explains how people should be rugulated, guided or controlled. So MAY 1st is a pagan holiday. Being pagan myself, it that obvious. So to say there is no connection is pretty lame mind d in my opinion. KARL MARX and his ideals were rooted in ancient pagan practices. In fact his intentions were good. However when his system is actually put to practice, over time, it fails on the precept of human behavior and corruption. But also so does Capitalism. Both systems, Communism and Capitalism are one and the same. They both are just at opposite ends of polarity of the same scale. MAY 1st has more to do with astrotheology than anything else. But that fits into the pagan relm of things. Because astrotheology, or astrology, has elements that teach the important timing of dates. It teaches that certain dates are critical for action and manifesting certain and specific ventures when planning. For instance when starting a business, getting married or passing a law and even begining war. It so happens that May first is critical for certain and specific thing. Some of then are good. And some of them are very negative. That date is good for birthing and life. But can also be used for destrution or rebuilding after the destruction. Ancient Wizards and light or dark sorcerers used it. Many times this date has been used to accomplish politcal agendas in combination with other occultic action and manifestaions to form a fuller body of magic and atmospher. SO TO SAY that May 1st is unconnected to anything is pretty ignorant! It's very connected to communism! But many other things as well. Do your homework.

• Don't believe the lie read up on history your self

Just like the very first Earth Day occurred on Lenin's 100th birthday! Coincidence? No

may day also 1 of May 1886
    First May Day; Strikes and demonstrations for 8-hour day in many U.S. cities; date later adopted worldwide as International Workers' Day.
    Straight from http://www.cpusa.org/

BETTER DEAD THAN RED all communist should be dealt with
    The USA has no room at all for them

• It has been declared or celebrated as such in several countries.

After hearing about this debate, I went online and looked around and found that, yes, in addition to being connected with paganism and Springtime celebrations, there is and has been for a very long time, a strong connection to the Labor/Communism/Socialist/Anarchist movements. It is also known as "International Workers' Day." There are the other reasons for celebrating, so it kind of depends on the person doing it but there is absolutely a connection between the two. It's not JUST a flowers, sunshine, and celebrate spring day.

• Strong cultural ties to the communist con

Every nation, with a large number of naive people who believe and figuratively speaking 'drink the Kool aid' when it comes to communism celebrate the may day. In communist nations, particularly the then USSR may day was cause from many aggressive displays of their hardware, similar to north Korea's rally's.

• No, not in the least.

'May Day' is a modern version of an ancient pagan holiday and event. It has no ties to politics, it is simply a celebration of nature, family and so forth. It corresponds to Beltane (or Walpurgis Night, a few others..depending on culture) and marks the first day of Summer. These practices were later named May Day to strip off the older, pagan connotations as the world moved towards more orthodox religions.

• No, that has never been my understanding.

I've been around a while, and it has never been my understanding that May Day is a communist holiday. In fact when I was in grade school, it was talked about by teachers as being a day to deliver flowers to doorsteps. If May Day does, in fact, have anything to do with communism, that message has been lost on me forever, and most everyone I know.

• No, not in the least.

'May Day' is a modern version of an ancient pagan holiday and event. It has no ties to politics, it is simply a celebration of nature, family and so forth. It corresponds to Beltane (or Walpurgis Night, a few others..Depending on culture) and marks the first day of Summer. These practices were later named May Day to strip off the older, pagan connotations as the world moved towards more orthodox religions.