Is melting OJ Simpson's trophy to create donation tokens for victims of abuse a good move?

• Using OJ's trophy to give tokens to abuse victims is not a good move

OJ Simpson literally killed someone and was able to get away with it. I don't think that using his Heisman trophy and giving the melted remains to abuse victims as tokens is symbolically helping him. I think this move is simply motivated at trying to get people to view him in a different light, but I don't think abuse victims would want these tokens nor is it helping his image in my mind.

• I completely disagree.

Two wrongs don't make a right. He committed a crime, but I feel that it would be a grievous mistake to to wipe out his accomplishments in order to make a statement. In order to honor the victims of abuse, it would make sense to take steps to drastically reduce the number of domestic incidents that take place. If there was really a serious effort to fight for the victims of abuse, it would have to be in the form of educating (or re-education in some cases) our kids with regards to how they should treat there fellow human-beings. In order to honor the victims of abuse, it would make sense to take steps to drastically reduce the number of domestic incidents that take place.

• Why Have A Reminder?

I don't think that using an object synonymous with issues of abuse for the purpose of healing victims is healthy. Often victims of abuse must remove feelings and images of abuse from their lives in order to cope; in order to not feel triggered. To circulate an object of Simpson's in communities of victims could do more harm than good.

• Melting OJ SImpson's trophy is a ridiculous gesture

Even though OJ Simpson has done terrible things in his lifetime, melting his trophy to create "donation tokens" is a ridiculous idea. It does nothing to improve the lives of a victim of abuse. A better idea would be to melt the trophy down - is it all gold? - and sell the raw material. Then use that money to directly help a victim of abuse.