• Mercy is important

If all of you have read merchant of vince were Antonio agrees to be mercy towards shylock , or else shylock property would have been taken away from the government and in that half would be given to Antonio , but Antonio was mercy towards shylock because of that shylock property was saved.

• Mercy is important

• Mercy is important

• Mercy is important

• Mercy and Justice are both important but mercy can deeply impact both the perpetrator and the victim.

Forgiving those who have hurt or betrayed you releases all the pent up anger you have felt towards that person and their actions. I have been through a lot, I have been betrayed quite a few times in my life, and I learned that mercy can have a big impact. Justice is important but mercy can be a saving grace. I have been involved in a stressful trial for three years, all I can say is I have forgiven the person enough to want them to be rehabilitated rather than punished for what they have done. I think mercy can change both the perpetrator's and the victim's heart's for the better. What is more important punishing past wrongs or nurturing future morality.

• Mercy is good for you!

When you practice mercy, i.e. forgiveness, you are rewarded by the removal of hatred, resentment and anger. Seeking justice is always imperfect. By striving for forgiveness you are practicing spiritual growth, increasing your serenity and sense of well-being. You are becoming whole, in one with the source of all things.

• Mercy and Justice go together because we are all falliable, Mercy would work in a perfect world.

I believe if a subject is truly repentant and shows they know what morality is, then mercy should prevail, however if that person recommits a wrong act, then justice should prevail. Morality must come into this subject. For Mercy, Justice and Morality there is a common factor, there is the wronged/ innocent and the perpetrator/ guilty. Only truth can decide the outcome of this battle, and this in itself is where we become infalliable.

• Mercy is more important.

There is no unbiased judge of what is "just". Justice does harm via punishment regardless of whether that punishment is "fair". One judge can cause unjust punishment via misplaced or disproportionate retribution. Let's say a judge misunderstands the defendant and sees "contempt of court" where there is none because the defendant was of "diminished capacity". This is justice for the accuser and injustice for the defendant.

• Mercy is more important.

• Mercy is more important.

• People can play with you, and sometimes mercy is a bad thing

I believe justice is more important. Justice means fairness and truth, and sometimes "mercy" can do more bad than good. A woman kills 6 individuals and then proceeds to dial 911, crying and confessing her murders. When put on trial, would it be fair not to give her a life sentence, just because she regretted what she did? No, it wouldn't. She killed 6 innocent people and it wouldn't be fair to sympathize with her and give her mercy. Justice is the wholesome truth and mercy is what makes us soft towards people that have committed wrongdoing. I'm not saying that mercy is completely bad - just that justice and getting rid of evil is more important than mercy.

• Mercy is important

• Mercy is important

• Mercy is important

• "...And Justice for All"

The whole ideology behind mercy is fundamentally flawed now let me explain this to you who think I’m an idiot or a radical, now an example of mercy would be two men doing the same crime but one being given a lower sentence because of mercy, but that is flawed. What and who you give mercy to and why is biased, so why should a woman be punished women or mentally deranged man be given less punishment then an able-bodied man. This is discrimination and maltreatment of those we deem “worthy of mercy” and those who aren’t. Not only that but this shows weakness in the justice system and can be exploited, which I think is what happened to the American justice system because of these inconsistencies people began to lose faith in the justice system seeing it as “unfair” or “wrong”, it’s just like James Hetfield said “Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone Pulling your strings Justice is done Seeking no truth Winning is all Find it so grim So true So real”. So out of this maelstrom of decay and injustice criminals are allowed to slip through the cracks making them more likely to repeat their offense. I’m not saying we should all be punished fairly but it should at least be consistent.

• Nah my dude

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Mercy is SGTUPIF

Mercy is tupid yo, listen to me. Justice. ,akler amercia great agai nt.
    -tru,mp 2016. No nononononon non my name is no. My number is no. My sign is no. You need to elt it go. You need to elt it go. Lal lala lal la la la la meghan trainor.

• Justice is more important than mercy as long as you see justice in shades of gray

If someone steels $10,000,000 worth of books. Then starts giving those books away for free. He doesn't deserve any prison time

For those of you who aren't catching on I'm talking about the guy who made reddit. And that is literally what he did. He got 8 years in a federal prison for books that were (for the most part) hundreds of years old, and should be common knowledge by now.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't have punished him I'm just saying that he should have at least been shown leniency for doing what he thought was the right thing even if he wasn't prepared for the hell that the patent company rained down upon him

• Justice is most important - when exercised in the "spirit" of the law.

No society is sustainable without an emphasis on justice. However, because justice is exercised by humans subject to error and relative to laws/statutes that are subject to error, mercy serves as an important backstop to errors in justice. So while there must be justice relative to the spirit of the law, the letter of the law may need to be tempered with mercy.

• I do not believe in forgiveness

In some circumstances, amnesty is not an option. There are some acts that are so monstrous in nature that redemption is impossible and the perpetrator (s) does not deserve any leniency. Transgressions that fit that criteria (from my point of view) include betrayal, child rape and enslavement. The appropriate punishment should be death.