• Mobile is the future

Microsoft already gave up on mobile, so they are in declining legacy market only. They seem to be unable to bring anything new to the table. Even windows 10 seems to be same old same old in a slightly graphically changed package. Functionally they can't keep up with modern alternatives.

• Software developers deserting the company in their 1000's

I've been a Microsoft software developer for 20 years but guess what - I just bought a new home computer and it doesn't run Windows.

I've made this company a lot of money over the years but now SQL Server is dead (mySQL is much cheaper) and JavaScript frameworks do much of the work that ASP.NET used to do.

And as for the home, well Windows will be gone in less than 10 years.

• Microsoft will become Irrelevant in The Future

Bill Gates ran the company extremely well. He understood technology and business. Steve Balmer is just a screaming business salesman who took the company down starting with Windows Vista, which took 6 years to develop. Vista was a failure and Windows 7 was the fix. Indian CEO Satya Nadella is cleaning up Steve Balmer's mess of Windows 8. Steve Balmer completely missed the boat on mobile and tablets. Bill Gates saw the future of mobile with the release of Windows CE back in 1999 before he left the company in 2000. The Indian CEO Nadella just hires a lot of H1-B visa software programmers to create Windows 10. There is no Wow in Windows 10. Windows 10 is a correction of Windows 8. How long can Microsoft act this way to customers? Just be like Apple with Mac OS X, stick to the basic fun-loving awesome OS with just minor enhancements. Microsoft does not have a stable history of releasing great operating systems like: Windows ME, Vista, Windows 8 and Windows 10 (privacy issues). So, we consumers just live with what we have and can work with on our laptops and PCs. We just ignore the screams from Microsoft to upgrade.

• Microsoft Will Be Irrelevant

• Mobile & Web Apps Spell The End

As a digital marketing & dev specialist turned executive, I used Microsoft for over 20 years (since 1992) - and saw their quality tank honestly around 2000. Windows 7 was an exception, but 8 & 10 are dogs. Finally, in 2015 I was able to switch everything to Mac and I couldn't be happier.

• Bad OS, no mobile shares

Windows 8 was horrible, people want to believe Windows 10 is good, but it actually even worse. Ever seen someone using a windows phone? As soon as a viable dedicated gaming OS is released, Microsoft is going to lose their second largest share. As for the professional market... I don't think they like the new surveillance tactics.

• Overpriced sub-standard software backed up by illiterate sub-standard personnel

Nothing they do ever works properly first time and even after several releases ( often bug-fix releases) of the same product there is no real advancement. Thankfully better options are emerging which will soon spell the end of microsoft. Many of their toolkits are ill thought out and not well supported ( the MS support sites are manned by excuse making idiots who do not even understand their own software ).

• Most of their new and old products are hated by many.

Over the past years I, a Mac user, have seen all my smart friends switch to linux, my teacher giving us reasons why Windows can be classified as a virus and the never ending waterfall of hate towards Windows phones and Windows vista, 8 and 7. Windows xp is still preferred to all the later versions. The X-Box doesn't seem to be too popular. Over all Windows lacks the creativity and the balls it had when it begun. Competitors like linux, Android, Mac , and Google seem to be taking the market out their elderly arms.I don't think Microsoft will make it to the next decade.

• From an IT Tech and Gamer

@Allthenamesaretacken
    My first point is that Linux has not caught up to the likes of Microsoft and Apple. They are trying to replicate the functionality of both, while maintaining their own identity, but Linux is still unstable. The software that comes with Linux often suffers from compatibility issues with other Linux versions and there is no gold standard. The most stable I have used is Ubuntu 10.04 and that was 4 or 5 versions ago.

Your teacher is wrong in the sense that Windows is a virus. It is not malicious and it's intent is not to make you more vulnerable. One could argue that the company itself is a virus, in the way it spreads, but that is all.

Every one of my clients prefers Windows 7 over XP, especially when XP is about to lose support.

The Xbox and Xbox 360 won the console wars, and the Xbox One may be the first time they "might" lose.

The point to all of this, is that you are biased. You are a Mac user. It would be harder for you to see the Apple is actually the one declining. After Steve Jobs died, there is no creativity left in Apple. Sure, The Iphone will keep releasing smaller and faster phones, and they will continue to roll out another MAC OS, but Apple is losing it's grip on it's market. The market of innovation. Microsoft is creating the new. Xbox One will eventually be a hit, because it's innovative. It's not just a console, it's your living room in a box. Microsoft doesn't even need to enter the phone arena. They have server software that can blow any Linux software out of the water.
    Microsoft will be around for a long time .