Is misandry (hatred of men) a issue in today's society?

Asked by: purpleduck
  • Online sexism against men out weighs sexism against women.

I did an honest non bias search on multiple search engines and sexism against men is WAY more prevalent than women. If sexism is so bad why is it ok to hate men? I had the hardest time finding the disgusting hate that women post with men, its absolute disgusting hypocrisy!

• All Lives Matter

I believe that in this society women claim that they are oppressed, while oppressing men who disagree with this statement. I believe that we are all equal, and if women want equality in the world, then they are going to have to accept that they aren't as oppressed as they think

• Dimorphism cannot be politically or socially destroyed

No matter how much socionormative and political power the hatred of men gains, it cannot change the fact that men and women are in some ways biologically and psychologically different yet share many things in common and need each other. Every politically and socially driven mass oppression ends in revolution. Push hard enough against peoples' freedoms and they will push back. There is no need to smash down men and create a world of retributive hopelessness for them just because women were egregiously socially discriminated against in the past. If people can't understand this, then the media driven mass hatred of human dimorphism will just go on and on. Social change should be driven by a desire for equality of opportunity, not outcome, and compassion for one's fellow humans, not driven by violent hatred with the resultant coersive, political smashing down of innocent people.

• Yes misandry is an issue in today's society.

Why? Because I'm a man and I'm saying so. When men of a society tell you that misandry is an issue in that society then it is an issue in that society. Duh anyone? There are those who dismiss these male voices with whatever (often dishonest/false) rationale they may use but the fact remains. It's an issue because men are telling you it is. The willingness of society to dismiss both the issue and the messengers of this issue speaks directly to the validity of the issue.

• So many lies

Feminists desperately spread lies and misinformation to further their agenda. Governments and organisations spend time and money to ''solve'' feminist non-issues instead of solving real issues. Men consistently receive less funding than women. Be it shelters or medical research or whatever. Instead of solving real problems such as men killing themselves at 5-8 times the rate of women, or men being 98 percent of work related deaths, we spend time and money on policing how they sit in public. Men are literally being castrated. They sit like they sit because they have balls - but society don't think that men should have balls so they're arrested or fined if they do.

• So many lies

• Outperforming changes to sexism

When girls get better exam results than boys, they "outperform", when men do better in the workplace than women, women are victims of sexism. Men can consent to sex when drunk or asleep, apparently women can't. Male victims of domestic violence probably deserve it. We need a minister for men and boys.

• Disappointed of the current society

As a feminist, I am very disappointed of the current society's treatment of men. They have no voice, no backups, face HUGE disadvantages due to "positive discrimination", and become stigmatized even when they're the victims. Furthermore, when the rate of murder and violent crime amongst men is higher than that amongst women, the deaths of men are seen as more expendable and insignificant. This situation also occurs in the funding for breast cancer and prostate cancer. Honestly, I cannot find ANY advantages of being a man other than "dying for his country" and "sacrificing everything only to be rejected by society" (Once I saw a man lying on the floor in pain while a worker asks a female BYSTANDER if she was OK). What has society changed into these days?

• Women and Children First

As a son of divorce, my father was ruined to the point of losing absolutely everything. It has immensely damaged me, and that is what I consider my first broken heart. Every woman since high school that has dated me hasn't treated me like a man, but rather a resource, or a bank account, and as soon as my usefulness is used up, in the trash I go.

It's really sad because it's true that nobody listens to what men have to say, nor do they have the right to defend themselves in family law. I have seen it first hand, and the damage transcends generations. It is truly disgusting. I have gone full on no contact with women for fear of their power. I am straight, but I can't afford to lose everything like my father did, including his sanity. As much as I want children, I know there I am facing a 50% divorce rate, and the odds are stacked against me. I am forced into the MGTOW corner.

• Battle of the sexes

Feminists have been working hard for years to gain equality for women, but, as a feminist, I have to admit that some self labeled 'women's fighters' have been taking it too far. Fighting for women's rights is done on the grounds that we would be 'equal' to men, not 'better' or 'stronger'. The world is not a battle of the sexes! It is meant to be a place where everyone is equal, not a place of of misandry and misogyny. The definition of feminist: advocating social, political, legal, and economic rights for women equal to those of men. Get your facts right!

• There are too many dangerously active misogynists out there for us to be worrying about a few mislabeled "men-haters".

I find that feminists are often called "men-haters" by men who think feminism is a threat to their masculinity (i.E. "meninists"). This, of course, is an incorrect statement. Feminists fight for equality, not against men. Have you ever heard of a woman killing or abusing a man just because he was a man? I haven't -- but I've heard of men doing that to women because they're women. It's on the news all the time -- too often, I think. Misandry isn't a problem.

• Pfft, no its not.

Misandry is only being practiced by a very small fraction of ultra-extreme feminists whose voices we as a society have already blocked out. Theyre very low numbers, lack of any organization, and complete lack to act on their beliefs even in the slightest suggests that misandry is not an issue in today's society due to how little it can even be heard in the first place, since it only seems to have a voice in the hell-hole that is the internet.

• Of course not

It is completely stupid to suggest it is an actual issue. No men ever seem to feel the reprocusions of misandry, where as speak to any non mysogynistic women and they will tell you they have experienced reprocusions of mysoginy. There's an issue when it makes one sex feel scared to be in public by themselves, one one sex receive less money for the same work, when one sex are expected to raise a family and aspire to marriage while the other is not. A few boys getting upset because their years of Male privilege are coming to an end is not an issue.