Is misandry (hatred of men) a issue in today's society?

Asked by: purpleduck
  • So many lies

Feminists desperately spread lies and misinformation to further their agenda. Governments and organisations spend time and money to ''solve'' feminist non-issues instead of solving real issues. Men consistently receive less funding than women. Be it shelters or medical research or whatever. Instead of solving real problems such as men killing themselves at 5-8 times the rate of women, or men being 98 percent of work related deaths, we spend time and money on policing how they sit in public. Men are literally being castrated. They sit like they sit because they have balls - but society don't think that men should have balls so they're arrested or fined if they do.

• So many lies

• Outperforming changes to sexism

When girls get better exam results than boys, they "outperform", when men do better in the workplace than women, women are victims of sexism. Men can consent to sex when drunk or asleep, apparently women can't. Male victims of domestic violence probably deserve it. We need a minister for men and boys.

• Disappointed of the current society

As a feminist, I am very disappointed of the current society's treatment of men. They have no voice, no backups, face HUGE disadvantages due to "positive discrimination", and become stigmatized even when they're the victims. Furthermore, when the rate of murder and violent crime amongst men is higher than that amongst women, the deaths of men are seen as more expendable and insignificant. This situation also occurs in the funding for breast cancer and prostate cancer. Honestly, I cannot find ANY advantages of being a man other than "dying for his country" and "sacrificing everything only to be rejected by society" (Once I saw a man lying on the floor in pain while a worker asks a female BYSTANDER if she was OK). What has society changed into these days?

• Women and Children First

As a son of divorce, my father was ruined to the point of losing absolutely everything. It has immensely damaged me, and that is what I consider my first broken heart. Every woman since high school that has dated me hasn't treated me like a man, but rather a resource, or a bank account, and as soon as my usefulness is used up, in the trash I go.

It's really sad because it's true that nobody listens to what men have to say, nor do they have the right to defend themselves in family law. I have seen it first hand, and the damage transcends generations. It is truly disgusting. I have gone full on no contact with women for fear of their power. I am straight, but I can't afford to lose everything like my father did, including his sanity. As much as I want children, I know there I am facing a 50% divorce rate, and the odds are stacked against me. I am forced into the MGTOW corner.

• Battle of the sexes

Feminists have been working hard for years to gain equality for women, but, as a feminist, I have to admit that some self labeled 'women's fighters' have been taking it too far. Fighting for women's rights is done on the grounds that we would be 'equal' to men, not 'better' or 'stronger'. The world is not a battle of the sexes! It is meant to be a place where everyone is equal, not a place of of misandry and misogyny. The definition of feminist: advocating social, political, legal, and economic rights for women equal to those of men. Get your facts right!

• It's really annoying

America is being feminized, as traditional aspects of masculinity are being beaten out of men. Men being men is criticized as sexist, and we are forced to become more feminine. And hey, men doing feminine stuff is okay, it just seems that men being masculine isn't okay anymore. It's just very toned down misandry.

• Guys srsly? Srsly?

All sexism is a problem. You would think that in the 21st century we would have moved on with the caveman mentality of always trying to better than everyone and everything. But no. We still fight wars, Kill each other, we're not any better than a thousand years ago. Comon.

• It isn't Feminism It's radical Man hating

So from what society has been showing us is that because of the way the world had been structured for thousands of years, we now need to hate Men for there roles in it. That is stupid, you don't need to punish todays men for what there ancestors did, does that mean we should then punish all christians for what our ancestors did during the crusades?

• Sexism is a problem.

Any other answer would be ridiculous and completely and utterly morally inconsistent. Sexism is sexism, and is it a problem in our society today, of course, is it a growing problem? I think it's more socially acceptable in western society to spread hate against men, and masculinity as a whole, and that while it is still manageable now, it may become a far more serious issue in the near future.
    The key here would be to stop polarizing the problems of sexism, racism, etc... And simply handle each problem as they come. Although I find myself doubting such a thing is even possible in our current state of social paralysis.

• There are too many dangerously active misogynists out there for us to be worrying about a few mislabeled "men-haters".

I find that feminists are often called "men-haters" by men who think feminism is a threat to their masculinity (i.E. "meninists"). This, of course, is an incorrect statement. Feminists fight for equality, not against men. Have you ever heard of a woman killing or abusing a man just because he was a man? I haven't -- but I've heard of men doing that to women because they're women. It's on the news all the time -- too often, I think. Misandry isn't a problem.

• Pfft, no its not.

Misandry is only being practiced by a very small fraction of ultra-extreme feminists whose voices we as a society have already blocked out. Theyre very low numbers, lack of any organization, and complete lack to act on their beliefs even in the slightest suggests that misandry is not an issue in today's society due to how little it can even be heard in the first place, since it only seems to have a voice in the hell-hole that is the internet.