• Music is helpful!

Both playing and listening to music helps me relax when I am stressed. I listen to music while I do my homework. It helps me focus. Students who participate in band or choir are less likely to do drugs or smoke. Also, students who are in band or choir tend to have great grades.

• Of course it is!

I did a project on this and I've seen that students who play an instrument are clearly nice and smarter. Of course there are more scientific ways of going with this, but this is the real reason why it is better to play an instrument. And also the pure sound and emotion of music is hard to beat.

• Kids should play an instrument

Taking an instrument helps improve kids scores on tests like MCAS and other school work like math. It also relieves stress and benefits health. It enhances brain coordination and increases your brain capacity. 80% of kids who took an instrument did better on MCAS then those who didn't take one.

• Yes it is!

If children learn music at a younger age then it will be a lot easier for them to learn another instrument as they get older because they will have had the background to. It is also a good thing to have music education because music is one of the ways that kids can express their emotions and their creativity!