Is national security more important than individual rights?

• I would rather be safe than argue about my rights and looking innocent.

You will find my arguments proven within this article.. http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-law-basics/defending-yourself-against-a-criminal-charge.html a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

• National Security is more important

While personal rights are a great thing in America, I think our wellbeing as a whole is far more important. Yes, TSA is annoying, yes we don't like the NSA looking at our stuff. But having these little intrusions around is nothing when compared to what they are protecting us from. I'm not saying we need to be Joseph Stalin security wise, but keeping the citizens in line promotes a healthy nation.

• individual right and natinal security are both importnant.

I think that individual rights and national security are both important. But at the sametime we should be more focued on National security. National Security would bring more peace to a national as well as individual. We wouldn't want to see another 9-11 or Boston bombing. If we had more national security i think Individual rights would come along with it.

• National Security is More Important

National Security is more important than individual rights because without national security you wouldn't have individual rights. It is the nation's job to protect your individual rights. If the nation can not be protected they will not be able to protect your rights. So national security does have to come first.

• Secure freedoms promote a more stable society

With increases in security comes more instability and more of a freeze in assets. Logistically it is more difficult to make transactions, travel, ship goods and spread diverse information when freedom of speech is seen as an infringement on security instead of vise versa. This breeds racial dissention and inequity between classes, as the lower classes are subject to more and more logistical burden, of which they can afford very little of.

• National Security is less important

National Security is less important than individual rights because nations such as the United States are built upon the idea that individuals dictate the government and appoint power when appropriate. When the government infringes upon individual rights then the individuals power over the government diminishes, and if left unchecked can be an excuse to institute an authoritarian state with little resistance (given enough time mind you). There is a slight need for National Security as it is one of the government's responsibilities to citizens to provide a safe nation, but should do so without bending or breaking laws, or using unreasonable and/or wasteful techniques.