• I Think So

Ned was just a poor guy who just got caught up in a chain of events he couldn't control. While he wasn't a perfect person, and made plenty of mistakes along the way, such as his killings, I think, based on the current evidence, he didn't mean or intend to hurt anyone and unfortunately once he started to he couldn't stop because the police were out for blood.

• Ned Kelly is an Australian hero

I think absolutely without a doubt, one hundred percent Ned Kelly is an Australian iconic hero because he gave money to the poor and embarrassed the police. He also saved a little kids life from drowning. He did this because he is a good person. It was in a creek called 'Hughs creek'. After Ned gave the boy back to his parents, the parents gave Ned a green and gold sash and Ned Kelly always wore that sash with pride.

• Such is life

Absolutely! Stood against tyrany, police corruption (they tried to rape his sister), he stood up for what he believed in. Wrote the best insulting ever. He is the aussie working class hero. And even better he was Irish Australian. Love his legacy in Australia we love him. He stuck it to the man.

• Ned Kelly is a Hero

Ned Kelly is a hero and has done many things, Bad but also good. Everything that Ned Kelly has done though are all for the poor and his loving family. All the things he has done are for a good cause. He was also victimized by the cops. Ned Kelly burnt the mortgages for the poor people and became the hero of many peoples lives.

• Ned Kelly is a Hero

• Ned Kelly wanted justice for people like him

At the time, the Australian government told rich farmers who have there farms on state property to give 1/4 of there land to poor farmers like Ned and his family, but the rich farmers gave the worst parts of there farms to the poor, and they could also cut of water supply to them. Ned had to steal an animal from a rich farmer to feed his family, and he got imprisoned for a long time for it. Soon farmers started to pay the police to imprison Kelly for DOING NOTHING, rich farmers and police man were corrupt, and Ned Kelly tried to stop it, at first he only shot in self defense but as they got more corrupt he started to shoot first

• True Aussie hero

He robbed banks and gave out some money to the poor because he wasn't selfish. He sure did bad things in his life but he did it for the right cause. The truth is that the law was injustice and didn’t care what so ever. If We weres in his possession I thunk we would all do the same

• He stole money from the rich to give to the poor.

Ned Kelly stole money from the wealthy but only to give to the poor, that tells us that he was not only thoughtful he was brave and courageous. The reason for this is because he stood up for the people who were in need of help and he fought for the underprivleged also he protected the people who were subjected from violence. Ned Kelly was the person who sacrificed anything for his family and those who suffered just like him, he may be a criminal to the wealthy but he is sure a hero to the poor. Therefore Ned Kelly is a significant australian hero to AusTralia and maybe even world wide.

• Puts people before himself

In 1856 he saved an 11 year old boy from drowning, yes he could've just left him there and go on his way, but he didn't, he put this before himself, and was clearly very proud! Yes he also killed more than saved but he did it in injustice, his family was not only poor but also had a criminal life... His dad in other words. This definitely had an effect on Ned Kelly, but the only reason he was a criminal was to give back to the poor, the police clearly hated him, but only because the way he was helping was breaking the law... Yes the police was just doing their job, but they were also hoping to be the number 1 police man for catching Ned Kelly, which is they would do anything to stop him, including killing him which makes them just as bad as he was.

• Monkey loves monkey so does cat and mice hate each other because the rat steels the cheese and then the cat ends up kill...

Ing the rat maybeee but the rat has a secret place to run into and that is called a mouse hole also know as a small hole in a wall were a rat or mice live. I read a book about a mouse who falls in love with a princess and is hated bye other mice. When the king had found out about this be trew themouset in the dungeon and that is when the mouse meets the big bad rats and saves the day and gets out as he comws back to the mouse city they congradulate him because be had fighted the rats whith a needle. But there was 1 ral born who wanted to see the light but since he was a rat he was told to stay in the dark because that is a rat law/ but this rat realy wanted to see the light so he had managed to get out of the dungeon.

• Ned Kelly was evil, no more to be said.

As an Australian, I am ashamed to have idiots who think that murderers such as Ned Kelly were good men. Firstly, the police back then were not corrupt, nor did they rape and pillage like people say they did, the police were what they were, in Fuedal Japan the Police (samurai) would decapitate you if you insulted them. Back then, cops weren't even armed with guns most of the time, Kelly robbed and murdererd from stage coaches and banks leaving countless amounts of people broke (who would later starve/live terrible lives with no money). He murdererd 2 Police Officers and was rightly executed for it, then we have idiot revisionist historians in the modern day who completely dis respect the police force and everyone who has died in the line of duty for some scumbag killer who was rightfully hanged for the terrible crimes he commited.
    Damn, maybe in 100 years people will say Obama was a good man.

• The facts speak the truth

Ned Kelly killed police officers with families. If Ned felt he was injusticed he should have used the right means of the time. These means included courts, not revolting against authority, breaking the laws and killing many people who were just doing their jobs. He was a hypocrite to his own self. He was seeking 'revenge' because he believed the police had broken the law, which very rightly they may have, but the argument is two sided and will never be resolved as we are a product of our own context and Kelly is portrayed to represent what Australians are 'supposed' to be, larrikin's and respectful people but does this mean we also go around disobeying order and killing anyone who annoys us and then not expect to be served justice through the courts?

• He was a gangster

He was a gangster because killed three policemen .If he would not be a good guy hanged in a crowd crowded to see him get hanged. He got shot on his leg and got to jail!!! I now know and you know why he is a big bad guy gangster nowadays.

• Say the right thing

The facts speak the truth

Ned Kelly killed police officers with families. If Ned felt he was injusticed he should have used the right means of the time. These means included courts, not revolting against authority, breaking the laws and killing many people who were just doing their jobs. He was a hypocrite to his own self. He was seeking 'revenge' because he believed the police had broken the law, which very rightly they may have, but the argument is two sided and will never be resolved as we are a product of our own context and Kelly is portrayed to represent what Australians are 'supposed' to be, larrikin's and respectful people but does this mean we also go around disobeying order and killing anyone who

• Say the right thing

The facts speak the truth

• There is no excuse for murder

Regardless of his reasoning for why he murdered and stole, he still broke the law. His common excuse was that he was defending himself and his family but there were obviously less violent ways to resolve his problem with the government.
    Many argue that at the time of the accusation towards Kelly by Fitzpatrick, Ned was miles away in the bush. However what evidence is there of this claim? Whom is a witness?
    People believe the views of those whom had connections to the Kelly's, failing to provide proper reasoning and evidence for what they claim to be the "truth". Ned Kelly was no a hero in any way shape or form. He murdered several policemen whom were doing there job by serving their country's law. They were protecting the lives of many, and Kelly and his gang thoughtlessly shot them to their death.
    Australia loves the idea of an underdog hero figure, and so throughout history, the country has gradually publicised Ned Kelly as a legend. However, he was no hero. Ned Kelly was a villain and a danger to the well being of citizens of the country at the time of his attacks.

• Gangster and a wanker

I think that ned kelly is a wanker and just feels the need to want to kill people for no reason and is just a general wank stain of a person and should probably just stop! Okay he killed my family hes a fag and im so mad about it

• He help peopel

Evidence

Page 31
    Ned Kelly sister was standing next to the baby and constable Fitzpatrick came over. He leaned near me and I could smell his sweat and brandy leaning over me. He grabbed her arm and pulled me to his lap she yelled 'Get your greasy hands of me'. Danny and her mother ran into the room she got throwed to the floor. Mrs Kelly threw hot coals onto him while Danny dived and the gun. A bullet nicked constable Fitzpatrick's hand Ned yelled to Fitzpatrick 'If you touch my sister again there will be a bullet to your head next time'. HE WAS TRYING TO PROTECT HIS FAMILY

• He help peopel

Evidence

Page 31

• Ned Kelly Can be A Criminal

I have read that Ned Kelly killed 3 officers with any reason to support why his gang killed those three officers. He may have saved kids when he was little but he did become a criminal when he was older. That is why Ned Kelly is an Australian Criminal. But I still don't understand how he is not a criminal. This is just my opinion it may not be correct but it is just an opinion